Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Am I the only one satisfied with the state of things ? everyone got 2 to 3 weapons with tons of PAs, and more to come? If anything I'd want them to do a major PA damage/behavior for most of the less useful PAs (shoutouts to FI for not even using a third of their PAs).

We got major balance overhaul in EP5 along with new skills (more or less impactful, that I can agree with) and more to come, old classes are still changing as much as they used to, and only really stagnated in EP4 sooo...I'm calling nostalgia lenses on this one.

If any new weapons were to came out, I'd rather have those on a whole new class with their own skills and all
    I agree, particularly when it comes to rebalancing old stuff instead of adding new stuff. People want new toys, but why get those when getting old stuff fixed can be just as exciting?

They're not even making new weapons for new classes, doubt they'll make new ones for the old classes. Also, this would mean retroactively make new 13, 14 and 15★ weapons of these new ones as well to keep up with upgrades and trades.

Nah, I get the feeling that they'll do something new with the old classes during EP6, but it won't be about new weapons
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I was surprised that Hero didn't get Sword and Shield type weapons as their main. I genuinely thought that was gonna be the thing with it especially with that sword used on the Dragon.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I agree, particularly when it comes to rebalancing old stuff instead of adding new stuff. People want new toys, but why get those when getting old stuff fixed can be just as exciting?
    because once the successor weapons get done we want new, not continued reimagining of the current weapons. gets pretty stale just like the current amount of PA's/Techs right now and even then lack of T0's being added
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I mean, successor weapons are new weapons in everything but name

What Megaphone said. The successor classes basically add new weapons mechanically without them needing to make a bunch of new lower tier rares and commons no one is ever going to use anyway, on top of just inflating the drop pool. If you just want the new shiny then it shouldn't matter if it's just the old stuff polished up or not.

Also, I'm not sure why you think new PAs and weapons wouldn't also get stale.

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    I mean, successor weapons are new weapons in everything but name
    just like how LQ's are completely new maps not just map variants slapped together right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post

Also, I'm not sure why you think new PAs and weapons wouldn't also get stale.
    they would after a very long extent but if you go and look at whats been out and compare how much has changed over the years, its much outside values and small pool of T0's. also weapon inflation wouldnt matter considering they can up the rates of what the main class is so those drop more, Jutus was random, absolutely nothing you could do about it so its not really a valid reason for loot pool littering
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    just like how LQ's are completely new maps not just map variants slapped together right?
    That depends what the term "new map" means to you, but no, not like that at all. Successor weapons are, mechanically, completely new weapons; they have different PAs, different normal attacks, and in some cases (hero TMG & talis) the fundamental mechanics are completely different. The only thing they share with their non-successor counterparts is the piece of gear itself, which imo is a huge boon as it means you can share the weapon between classes rather than having to farm a whole new one.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

I personally would love old classes can use successor class's gameplay + PA if they got them unlocked (with some limitations) and vice versa (with some adjustment due to multiplier and skills available, maybe).

Like .... Gu can set Gu's Tmg gameplay (Sroll + dive roll) on palette 1, Hr's Tmg gameplay (reload + step) on palette 2 (no weapon switching + counter mechanics for Gu main, or no SRollArts for Hr main).
    Can set different normal attack type would be nice too (can choose between Hr's or Gu's normal attack).

Less weapon type also kinda beneficial for me, personally .... considering I usually stick to 1 type due to irl things
    Way cheaper too, I think.
    Last edited by final_attack; Apr 27, 2019 at 08:15 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

How about actually giving Ranger's rifle and launcher a gear? Like a majority of the rest of the weapon types?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!