Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by FoxfireMaster View Post
    Or just a general network outage for the servers in an area, sure

considering the earthquake is ~400mi/600km from sega's hq, but let's resort to the 12 year old 4chan insults
    if you werent taking my posts as direct fact i probably wouldnt be responding to you the way i am, which is why i worded it as a probability because im still looking to see what info I can find otherwise i would named the thread: "EARTHQUAKE CRASHES PSO2 SERVERS" or something.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    I don't know how japanese software companies usually do this, but I'd be surprised if the game's servers were actually at sega's hq. They're probably in a datacenter somewhere
    i'm not denying that possibility, but i'd imagine the data center is accessible to them (e.g. not incredibly far), so that still puts it at least 200mi away

edit: nobody's taking it as 'direct fact', but i am arguing against the probability based on what makes sense
    you don't have to be so defensive dude
    it was literally just "it happened pretty far and hours ago, it probably wasn't the cause"

relax
    Last edited by modoru; Apr 28, 2019 at 12:15 AM.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

i'm not denying that possibility, but i'd imagine the data center is accessible to them (e.g. not incredibly far), so that still puts it at least 200mi away

edit: nobody's taking it as 'direct fact', but i am arguing against the probability based on what makes sense
    you don't have to be so defensive dude
    it was literally just "it happened pretty far and hours ago, it probably wasn't the cause"

relax
    which is why i was looking into where exactly their HQ was (because i dont keep this on memory for any reason) and where the earthquake happened to rule this out, I wasn't ruling out a area outage either. I was just passing on info I read and the looking into it. slow your micro aggressions bro
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Maybe, but maybe not. If they're renting the servers management of the physical hardware could be the purview of the company they're renting from (platform as a service). I wouldn't bet either way.

In any case, the earthquake was twelve hours ago, so we can be pretty confident it wasn't the direct cause.

game is up.