Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ultra hard

I recently did an episode dedicated to Ultra Hard mode.

As for the weapon that dropped during filming it turned out to be this.

saguz.jpg

Playing Ultra hard , I have a question. The field is now 12/12. About an hour into the game or an hour and a half and I notice everyone starting to leave... what gives???

The boost ran out ?? everyone found something ?? WHAT ??

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    Playing Ultra hard , I have a question. The field is now 12/12. About an hour into the game or an hour and a half and I notice everyone starting to leave... what gives???

Many cases:
    1) Maybe an EQ was about to come and people were preparing for it
    2) Maybe they left the map to organize their inventory, and when they rejoined they were assigned to some other mpa in a different block (or even the same block).
    3) Maybe the day changed, so the current map became unavailable for new entrants, since there is a rotation (Desert -> Tunnels -> Quarry -> Desert)
    4) Maybe people were logging out due to real life stuff at a faster pace than logins, combined with people opening new mpas in other blocks instead of going mutliblock.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah the chonkyness is a pretty standard thing that we've seen happen with each new difficulty; though I'd argue XH felt the worst going into with what we had access to at the time

people can run UH for as long or short as they want. wow!

One thing that I have seen people do in an exploration MPA like these is to try to control the loop that people are running in so that it doesn't pass by the map exit. They figure that others may want to complete the quest, but they don't want to break away from the group and disrupt the MPA by spawning ETs along the way. It's like a guilt trip in a way.

Just be warned that that shit doesn't work with me. If I have a good reason to complete the quest, if the MPA won't steer near the exit, and I am not in a party, then I will run all the way across the map, spawning two or three bosses behind me for others to clean up on my way out.

I don't like being manipulated like that. I don't have time for it.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

It doesn't work on me either not because I can tell myself when to stop, but because I have a greater power preventing me from overextending my time in such Free Roaming content (*cough*bank space*cough)

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    One thing that I have seen people do in an exploration MPA like these is to try to control the loop that people are running in so that it doesn't pass by the map exit. They figure that others may want to complete the quest, but they don't want to break away from the group and disrupt the MPA by spawning ETs along the way. It's like a guilt trip in a way.
    I saw this thing in Ultimate Lilipa & Nab, the MPA was running in circle in a very small part of the map instead of complete a full lap. Someone had even delimited the allow perimeter by dropping mate xD. it was ridiculous.
    Last edited by TheFanaticViper; May 22, 2019 at 07:22 AM.
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

only saw the mate perimeter in omega forest where they take all boss out of perimeter

Running in small areas is better cause they are usually more confined which means it's easier to hit everything making things go faster.

Not to mention in E. Forest the pond area was a huge waste of time, especially if you went by it 50 times compared to not going into it.