Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ultra hard

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Yeah, Ultra Hard fields are pretty boring and lazy. I was willing to give it a chance because it was new but it's literally just another free field/MPA to run around in for hours and hope for a rare drop. Once you get the drop you need there's no reason to go back, if there was even a drop you needed; it's not worth running just for money and there are better options for EXP.

I think SEGA needs some alternative reward/progressions systems or reasons to go to these fields... alongside more innovation on the same formula they've been using for many years. I wasn't here when they added the XH versions of Forest/Caves/Coast but this seems like just a repeat and they're doing it again in 2 weeks with Ultra Hard Naberius. Slightly reskinned versions of a few bosses and shielding isn't enough to make it fresh. The areas are extremely old (desert now being 7 years old) and the only ACTUAL new enemies are those shield guys that rarely show up via a code, which just die because their gimmick is just "don't hit me from one direction, but from the other direction I just die." Ultimate had so much more effort put into it than this. The whole thing is a minimal asset reflip that is only built on hype of "omg but it's hard" when it's really not, and it's even worse that it's not rewarding.

If I was at least gathering some kind of tokens I could build up to trade for useful items of my choice I would feel a bit more motivated, but as is all you do is just hope for a specific rare drop, pure RNG with no way to target anything. They arbitrarily choose specific weapon types to add as drops for 15 stars so you may not even have something your class could use, and if they do, there's only a slim chance it's actually useful. Resonants are either only useful for phantoms or are easy free 15 stars for players that don't have an alternative options. Awake and mirage weapons are not only common, but worth nothing because they are just gimmicks. They are under 100k meseta on Ship 2's market.

I don't know why a geared player would come out to this "new, difficult" content. I literally came back to the game a month ago, only level 80 and in potato equipment, yet the only purpose I had to go there was the Rappy Egg which I ended up getting like 5 of from Easter instead of the field (and even then, it's basically nothing more than a cosmetic). Yeah, I'm a summoner, but I also made both a Lightstream and Atlas weapon which were easy options due to all the campaigns/events/game changes (grind cap 35 on drop), which both make the field drops useless. SEGA basically gave out these weapons for free due to their extreme generosity on campaigns, events, and game changes... and now they announced they're giving out another circular stone via another new title.

I also then got all the Resonant weapons from Easter regardless as well, because the same weapons drop both in the field and in the EQ, further deleting any reason to go to the actual Ultra Hard Fields. Not only does Easter EQ pop up so much, but they decided to sell the triggers for so cheap in nigh infinite quantity at the SG treasure shop that people just spam them all day on the quest counter for others to join. If Ultra Hard fields aren't good for returning players like me, but it also isn't good for veteran players that have been playing for months... who is this for? What is the purpose of going out there? The only thing I can think of is the carrot on a stick camo drop that is so rare that the majority of players will never see drop no matter how much they farm. Then this is gonna be the next 1-2 months of content?

Despite all the complaints about the quality of the content, I really wouldn't mind grinding it, but it just isn't worth it and I feel like there's minimal reason to. I would grind Ultra Hard for hours if there was some kind of reward, but there isn't. I haven't been back to the fields for over a week. I feel like SEGA really needs to reconsider their reward and gear progression design, because it just feels like a mess right now.

Probably gonna try the new EQ and move on from PSO2 until they add something more to do. These fields suck and I really feel like they're just lazy content padding. They could've made it very rewarding at least so there would be a reason to just burn time there, but no. Feels like a failed design in general.
    While I do agree on most points I also am calling big nostalgia lenses on past stuff like UQs. It was THAT much better to lock the best weapons in the game behind insane grind and money sinks to get them to full element because the drop rates were literally so shit you'd never see a weapon unless you grinded for literal dozens of hours, because that's why it took to clear the UQ 100+ time while religiously taking your COs for a 15 ele weapon, possibly more if you couldn't afford to feed it *13 repcas ad buy element boosters. They definitely didn't cycle fields or anything either so while it was very fun at first, it really became boring and stale after a while. UQ Amduscia being linear along with that godawful Gix file was the worst of the bunch.

Also let's be real at this point doing UQ all over again would also be called lazy recycling so only makes sense they went with a completely different formula. They can't reasonably release a flashy EQ and release brand new fields at the same time. If anything I found UH fields a lot more refreshing while bringing a nostalgic feeling, the one you had in EP1 actually staying in the fields and fighting decently tough enemies instead of just going down there and speedclearing for your daily stuff like it has been for a while now. I didn't find it especially lazy either since they added a good amount of new things and they're cycling those fast enough (UQ Naberius right around the corner with those sick looking Banthers) for them to stay fresh, which is something I can't exactly say about UQ, especially given how it has been milked to death through several campaigns.

I dont like the current new fields. Every guru guru gets boring eventually but these happen to be old maps, so boredom will come even faster. Though my main complain is the drops. Having bad luck is normal and part of the RNG, but the drops themselves dont feel too good. I dont play many classes, so I am happy with 3 Atras and a Lightstream(soon 2) so these drops dont really motivate me to grind. I would settle with making 14* being able to be dismantled for gold mats, but right now they are just chump change you set at shop because of low demand. Even 13* are worth more :/

That being said, aside of 14* junk not having any use, I dont consider the fields bad. If anything I think is good they are recycling forgotten content. I mean, save AQs, no one does these fields unless they rushing for a CO. Maybe Naberius will motivate me(lillipa in general isnt appealing to me, and Tunnels is a chore because is too dark) and drops will be something I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    While I do agree on most points I also am calling big nostalgia lenses on past stuff like UQs.
    I agree with your points, but at least there was more effort put into the content. The area was "different", and ALL the enemies were "different", with completely new bosses instead of just reskins. While it did take forever to get anything due to terrible drop rates, at least you had something to do. There was also weapons for everyone, and honestly the weapon designs and everything had a lot more effort put into them. Right now my problem is there's nothing for me to do in game besides go farm money.

There has to be a better, happier in-between/medium than this.
    Last edited by Crevox; May 26, 2019 at 12:09 AM.

In the end, UH is mainly an exp field for 85-90 since nothing else is worth doing if you don't get bonus keys, I guess we'll see if the new UH fields will offer something different, cause all 3 current ones just have the same enemies except maybe 1-2 (varda)

While I am enjoying UH, I have to admit I'd really prefer a 4-player, more free-form version focused on completing quests rather than going around in circles all the time.

I still find I prefer Tunnels to Quarry and Desert, and it's hard to put my finger on exactly why. Less chasing is nice, but I feel like there is more to it than just that, and I'm not sure what it is.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    I still find I prefer Tunnels to Quarry and Desert, and it's hard to put my finger on exactly why. Less chasing is nice, but I feel like there is more to it than just that, and I'm not sure what it is.
    The music is really good?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    The music is really good?
    Tunnels - 10/10
    Quarry - 8/10
    Desert - you tried/10

tundra UH music was pretty good, ruins UH music is ass tho. dunno about forest, i dont think they played it during the stream
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Tunnels - 10/10
    Quarry - 8/10
    Desert - you tried/10
    Pretty much, Tunnels works so well because it's so different from the original, while still having familiar stuff.
    Quarry was already good, so it's hard to mes up.
    Desert is too similar to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Pretty much, Tunnels works so well because it's so different from the original, while still having familiar stuff.
    Quarry was already good, so it's hard to mes up.
    Desert is too similar to the original.
    Desert feels like they tried to do something with it and nothing was really sticking so they went with what we got
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I still don't get why Sega won't give us all explorations in XH with lvl 80 enemies or AQs for all areas but insists on adding content cause they don't understand that people get bored easily since there are too few alternatives to eqs.
    Both lvl 80 explorations and AQs are a minimal effort for Sega with a big effect but instead we get UH now and lvl 80 enemies are now 10 lvls lower again, undoubtedly after the next 3 UH fields sega abandons that type of quest as well and moves on to something else yet again.