Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ultra hard

Ultra Naberius is coming sooner than we thought.

test

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    still wondering if we ever gonna get another difficulty in the future

i was thinking about MH (Mega Hard) where enemies are being lv 100+ and have faster animnation/attacks

on Topic, yes UH is the 15* paradise

it's raining 15*s
    At the last time I checked the item drop quest records, the Resonant 15*s had a similar drop rate as the 14*s that drop there.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Loops are QUICKLY boring.

Thank you Sega for listening and making Freefields, just...not like this, give me a significantly long quest with no time limit where I can explore an area at my leisure while fighting UH mobs, and please oh please give me way more areas than just two, endless literally proved loadings lenghts weren't an issue for Sega since you can't beat Endless with an unreasonably long area loading time.

It's KILLING me that the best content in the game can only be enjoyed at lower levels (AQs)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    Loops are QUICKLY boring.

Thank you Sega for listening and making Freefields, just...not like this, give me a significantly long quest with no time limit where I can explore an area at my leisure while fighting UH mobs, and please oh please give me way more areas than just two, endless literally proved loadings lenghts weren't an issue for Sega since you can't beat Endless with an unreasonably long area loading time.

It's KILLING me that the best content in the game can only be enjoyed at lower levels (AQs)
    Took me a bit to parse what you were saying, but I agree. AQs are my favorite kind of quest, but the fact that they haven't been keeping up with the current content, and they cost capsules really turns me off to doing them nowadays. I'm also a bit tired of the 12 man MPA format for content like this because it means it usually isn't balanced with people soloing or single partying stuff in mind and it can kind of turn into a slog. In particular I really want a marathon quest that just takes you through all the areas and bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    Running in small areas is better cause they are usually more confined which means it's easier to hit everything making things go faster.

Not to mention in E. Forest the pond area was a huge waste of time, especially if you went by it 50 times compared to not going into it.
    Yeah but small Areas don't spawn Big Vardha which is the only enemy dropping Mirage Gunslashes, which is hot money atm.

i was thinking about MH (Mega Hard) where enemies are being lv 100+ and have faster animnation/attacks

it's raining 15*s
    Directors are all over the place over the years with new difficulties and which maps get them that we shouldnt be even thinking about a new difficulty right now. Hell Ultimate isnt what it tradionally was anymore now that theyre just going to decide on it through stuff like solo Masq, no more field recreations like it used to be so instead its easier for them to be lazy about it and just work on selected bosses only and slap UH on it. Basically what Lilipa and Nab UH are: Ultimate content but with a different label.

I dont think we're ever going to get all XH fields at this point either
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

it's raining 15*s
    Not for me either, i think the only 15 star i'v gotten was the talis, but to be fair i have not been spamming it as much as i should as i have other characters to work on. and since UH is 85 minimum i'm locked out of it most of the time.

Also, i really don't think we need a multitude of different difficulty modes, it's starting to get out of hand..

Normal
    Hard
    Very hard
    Super Hard
    Extra Hard
    Ultimate (though not really classified as an official difficulty chain)
    Ultra hard.

getting a bit redundant.

I know the original PSO was

Normal.
    Hard
    Very Hard
    Ultimate

If i remember anyway. with ultimate being the highest difficulty.

At this point just add new areas with one difficulty. like how enchanted forest does not have a normal or hard mode and starts at VH.

right my main complain about UH is it just feels like a lazier version of UQ, like (some of) the enemies are modified, the music is modified but the scenery is just the same old scenery we've always seen and it just doesnt really fit with these more "advanced" looking versions of mobs to me.

Yeah, Ultra Hard fields are pretty boring and lazy. I was willing to give it a chance because it was new but it's literally just another free field/MPA to run around in for hours and hope for a rare drop. Once you get the drop you need there's no reason to go back, if there was even a drop you needed; it's not worth running just for money and there are better options for EXP.

I think SEGA needs some alternative reward/progressions systems or reasons to go to these fields... alongside more innovation on the same formula they've been using for many years. I wasn't here when they added the XH versions of Forest/Caves/Coast but this seems like just a repeat and they're doing it again in 2 weeks with Ultra Hard Naberius. Slightly reskinned versions of a few bosses and shielding isn't enough to make it fresh. The areas are extremely old (desert now being 7 years old) and the only ACTUAL new enemies are those shield guys that rarely show up via a code, which just die because their gimmick is just "don't hit me from one direction, but from the other direction I just die." Ultimate had so much more effort put into it than this. The whole thing is a minimal asset reflip that is only built on hype of "omg but it's hard" when it's really not, and it's even worse that it's not rewarding.

If I was at least gathering some kind of tokens I could build up to trade for useful items of my choice I would feel a bit more motivated, but as is all you do is just hope for a specific rare drop, pure RNG with no way to target anything. They arbitrarily choose specific weapon types to add as drops for 15 stars so you may not even have something your class could use, and if they do, there's only a slim chance it's actually useful. Resonants are either only useful for phantoms or are easy free 15 stars for players that don't have an alternative options. Awake and mirage weapons are not only common, but worth nothing because they are just gimmicks. They are under 100k meseta on Ship 2's market.

I don't know why a geared player would come out to this "new, difficult" content. I literally came back to the game a month ago, only level 80 and in potato equipment, yet the only purpose I had to go there was the Rappy Egg which I ended up getting like 5 of from Easter instead of the field (and even then, it's basically nothing more than a cosmetic). Yeah, I'm a summoner, but I also made both a Lightstream and Atlas weapon which were easy options due to all the campaigns/events/game changes (grind cap 35 on drop), which both make the field drops useless. SEGA basically gave out these weapons for free due to their extreme generosity on campaigns, events, and game changes... and now they announced they're giving out another circular stone via another new title.

I also then got all the Resonant weapons from Easter regardless as well, because the same weapons drop both in the field and in the EQ, further deleting any reason to go to the actual Ultra Hard Fields. Not only does Easter EQ pop up so much, but they decided to sell the triggers for so cheap in nigh infinite quantity at the SG treasure shop that people just spam them all day on the quest counter for others to join. If Ultra Hard fields aren't good for returning players like me, but it also isn't good for veteran players that have been playing for months... who is this for? What is the purpose of going out there? The only thing I can think of is the carrot on a stick camo drop that is so rare that the majority of players will never see drop no matter how much they farm. Then this is gonna be the next 1-2 months of content?

Despite all the complaints about the quality of the content, I really wouldn't mind grinding it, but it just isn't worth it and I feel like there's minimal reason to. I would grind Ultra Hard for hours if there was some kind of reward, but there isn't. I haven't been back to the fields for over a week. I feel like SEGA really needs to reconsider their reward and gear progression design, because it just feels like a mess right now.

Probably gonna try the new EQ and move on from PSO2 until they add something more to do. These fields suck and I really feel like they're just lazy content padding. They could've made it very rewarding at least so there would be a reason to just burn time there, but no. Feels like a failed design in general.
    Last edited by Crevox; May 25, 2019 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Yeah, Ultra Hard fields are pretty boring and lazy. I was willing to give it a chance because it was new but it's literally just another free field/MPA to run around in for hours and hope for a rare drop. Once you get the drop you need there's no reason to go back, if there was even a drop you needed; it's not worth running just for money and there are better options for EXP.

I think SEGA needs some alternative reward/progressions systems or reasons to go to these fields... alongside more innovation on the same formula they've been using for many years. I wasn't here when they added the XH versions of Forest/Caves/Coast but this seems like just a repeat and they're doing it again in 2 weeks with Ultra Hard Naberius. Slightly reskinned versions of a few bosses and shielding isn't enough to make it fresh. The areas are extremely old (desert now being 7 years old) and the only ACTUAL new enemies are those shield guys that rarely show up via a code, which just die because their gimmick is just "don't hit me from one direction, but from the other direction I just die." Ultimate had so much more effort put into it than this. The whole thing is a minimal asset reflip that is only built on hype of "omg but it's hard" when it's really not, and it's even worse that it's not rewarding.

If I was at least gathering some kind of tokens I could build up to trade for useful items of my choice I would feel a bit more motivated, but as is all you do is just hope for a specific rare drop, pure RNG with no way to target anything. They arbitrarily choose specific weapon types to add as drops for 15 stars so you may not even have something your class could use, and if they do, there's only a slim chance it's actually useful. Resonants are either only useful for phantoms or are easy free 15 stars for players that don't have an alternative options. Awake and mirage weapons are not only common, but worth nothing because they are just gimmicks. They are under 100k meseta on Ship 2's market.

I don't know why a geared player would come out to this "new, difficult" content. I literally came back to the game a month ago, only level 80 and in potato equipment, yet the only purpose I had to go there was the Rappy Egg which I ended up getting like 5 of from Easter instead of the field (and even then, it's basically nothing more than a cosmetic). Yeah, I'm a summoner, but I also made both a Lightstream and Atlas weapon which were easy options due to all the campaigns/events/game changes (grind cap 35 on drop), which both make the field drops useless. SEGA basically gave out these weapons for free due to their extreme generosity on campaigns, events, and game changes... and now they announced they're giving out another circular stone via another new title.

I also then got all the Resonant weapons from Easter regardless as well, because the same weapons drop both in the field and in the EQ, further deleting any reason to go to the actual Ultra Hard Fields. Not only does Easter EQ pop up so much, but they decided to sell the triggers for so cheap in nigh infinite quantity at the SG treasure shop that people just spam them all day on the quest counter for others to join. If Ultra Hard fields aren't good for returning players like me, but it also isn't good for veteran players that have been playing for months... who is this for? What is the purpose of going out there? The only thing I can think of is the carrot on a stick camo drop that is so rare that the majority of players will never see drop no matter how much they farm. Then this is gonna be the next 1-2 months of content?

Despite all the complaints about the quality of the content, I really wouldn't mind grinding it, but it just isn't worth it and I feel like there's minimal reason to. I would grind Ultra Hard for hours if there was some kind of reward, but there isn't. I haven't been back to the fields for over a week. I feel like SEGA really needs to reconsider their reward and gear progression design, because it just feels like a mess right now.

Probably gonna try the new EQ and move on from PSO2 until they add something more to do. These fields suck and I really feel like they're just lazy content padding. They could've made it very rewarding at least so there would be a reason to just burn time there, but no. Feels like a failed design in general.
    Yeah, that's kinda lame. I also personally concerned with classes that have to techs. Healing nerf makes resta and megiverse less OP (only moderately OP instead of huge OP), while making mates items closer to being useless. I hope they'll address it sometime