Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I gotta say that unlike any other EQ, this one literally shits on people who came in 10 minutes late because IRL stuff or whatever. If you haven't done Sector 1 and 2, then you're pretty much getting the middle finger and not able to join. SEGA could have just give people the option to do Sector 1 who haven't done it instead of gating them out.

Good EQ, shitty gating system. This is like BQ all over again.
    It's supposed to only require either Sector 1 or 2 complete once to join Sector 3, is it not working like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Yeah, the problem is that there are a whole lot of us who are NOT leechers--I come to EQ's with a 7-slot 15* +35 weapon with 3 SSA's, two 5-slot Lightstream units, and a 5-slot Tag Bode, I am sure as Hell not leeching--but can't pass the new expert requirements yet, and Sega has essentially just given us the middle finger with this.

Telling 60% of your player base that they can't have nice things because 10% of your player base are leeching jerks does not make for happy customers.
    There's more to leeching than gear you know?

I've seen enough corpses in UH expert as is that I wouldn't trust anyone who can't handle solo Phanatics.
    Last edited by Ceresa; May 30, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    So, I don't like the term "leech" being thrown around in this context either, but expert mode isn't a need or a "nice thing", that people are entitled to. That's the whole point, people don't want to have to carry as hard, and saying that it's not fair that there's even a basic requirement for expert mode is completely missing the point.

If you think you're good enough to play with expert players then you should be able to complete the requirements. Especially with gear like that.

EDIT: There's something to be said about how poorly expert mode actually does its job though, since there's nothing stopping someone from completing it and then using a class they're bad with or undergeared, or straight up actually leeching.

Which reminds me. Leeching isn't about not being good enough guys, it's about intentionally not helping. Someone doing their best isn't leeching, even if their best is only 50% of everyone else. _(:3
    I don't disagree with anything you said. My issue with this EQ is the stacking bonus to drop rate awarded in Sector 3 for multiple runs, and the fact that it's unattainable for anyone not in expert. That's all.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I don't disagree with anything you said. My issue with this EQ is the stacking bonus to drop rate awarded in Sector 3 for multiple runs, and the fact that it's unattainable for anyone not in expert. That's all.
    That's the case for a lot of EQs, that's why I complained that it's even possible to do multiple runs of each sector in the first place. Like, this is EXACTLY the kind of response to it I expected.

So are the Sector 3 fights random or is there a factor that determines which boss you fight?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

That's the case for a lot of EQs, that's why I complained that it's even possible to do multiple runs of each sector in the first place. Like, this is EXACTLY the kind of response to it I expected.
    See, I don't even mind that they can be run multiple times. I don't mind that players can get the rewards for those sectors multiple times. The only thing that bothers me is the bonus it grants to the Sector 3 rewards, and the fact thst the sectors tske just long enough that a non-expert group will never see that bonus.

Thst is my entire complaint.
    Ship 2:

See, I don't even mind that they can be run multiple times. I don't mind that players can get the rewards for those sectors multiple times. The only thing that bothers me is the bonus it grants to the Sector 3 rewards, and the fact thst the sectors tske just long enough that a non-expert group will never see that bonus.

Thst is my entire complaint.
    That's a problem with the EQ reward balancing though, not the expert matching.

That's a problem with the EQ reward balancing though, not the expert matching.
    Yes! That is what I am saying from the beginning! My complaint is not with the expert matching, it is with the EQ design!
    Ship 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    B-but, equality, man! Can't casuals get some good stuffs too!? And 10+ minutes per sector isn't a good run in my book.
    My pugs and i assume the norm for awhile is

Sector 1 x2 Sector 2 x1 Sector 3 X1

I assume tmpas are the same except Sector 2 can be ran twice if fast enough
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

My pug has been like this:
    2x sector 1, 2x sector 2, 1x sector 3
    or
    3x sector 1, 1x sector 2, 1x sector 3. Even this with 2nd sector 2 being late by a few seconds, if not, it could be 2x sector 2.

So I assume maybe tmpa should be way better than this (I'm assuming they could be earning 500K to 1M points in a single run).

I just don't like on how short the time available for sector 3 is. Not because I couldn't make it, but if you only got 5 - 7 minutes left on the boss and you got dc'd, you're done. Unlike, say persona eq, you got 30 minutes leeway if you get dc'd before you can just call it a day.

New EQ is okay. I think both the bosses in Sector 3, while looking cool and having a nice theme, kinda just end abruptly. Neither of them have multiple phases once you get past the random mobs before them and both just mostly take hits until they die with minimal gimmicks.

The first and second sector are mostly just fighting those shield mobs, and it can be awkward to hit the very specific weak points on Summoner. Some of the enemies just feel bulky for the sake of being bulky and don't seem to do much else, so you're just sitting there and DPSing them down while they soak hits. Sometimes it feels like you're all just DPSing a wall instead of something that actually fights back just to elongate the amount of time you're in the EQ and to get less runs in. My pet also really loves flying into the laser fences.

Rewards feel even more generous than usual, spewing out even more 13 stars than Easter did, with 14 star eggs on top of that. Should be easy to get the S egg versions of Jinga and Aero with some time. Both my friends got the 12 star rear unit from one timeslot of the EQ, and with all the medals they give you, it shouldn't be hard to trade for whatever you do want.

Overall not a bad EQ, but feels a little unpolished gameplay wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    I see a problem which you guys already stated that, good drops only available in sector 3, right? And with shit non-expert MPA, this is impossible.
    I just got a 15 star before Sector 3, so there's definitely good drops in all parts of the EQ.

As for expert requirement complaints, my two friends and I came back to the game at level 75/80 within the last month and fulfilled the expert requirements, so it's definitely not a matter of gameplay time. I understand it's a difficult feat for some people, whether it be your gameplay skill or gear holding you back, but if you work at it, it's definitely possible. If you don't like being in "shit non-expert MPAs", then focus your efforts on clearing the expert requirements and it won't be an issue anymore.

If you can't do it, then... well, that's the entire point of the expert queue. People want to play and be matched with other players of a high skill/gear level in order to complete quests with efficiency. If you're one of those players, the expert requirements shouldn't be a worry and you'll clear them.
    Last edited by Crevox; May 31, 2019 at 12:14 AM.