Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I actually see people revive others immediately more often in expert mode. Hell, I usually run atomizer lovers specifically for that.
    Having run Armada both with and without lately, I can testify to this - I see more people get revived in expert runs (in spite of fewer people dying there).

I generally try to revive people when I can, but since I tend to play aerial melee types a lot (Twin Dagger Fighter, Gunner, Bouncer, Katana Phantom) someone else usually gets to people before I do..
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

It's a mixed bag for me. Some runs people revive, some don't. I have noticed that it is really anyone with Atomizer ring that usually revives. I know I am one of the scrubs dying a lot as Bo/Ph usually because of being one shot by stuff I don't see.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

front/rear of the ship looks like a face with its tongue stretched out

The AIS section's music is amazing, cheesy as hell, has story implications and I just love all of it. I hope we get more AIS Vega sections in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    Yeah, phantoms usually laugh at those things though.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    front/rear of the ship looks like a face with its tongue stretched out
    What a good boy

The 5 second revive timer is probably because of all the oneshots that can happen in such a fast moving quest. By itself the quest is OK but at some points there can be too many lights and random flybys. I think it's to cover for that design flaw - if they didn't have that timer, non-expert runs would be unplayable. Sometimes I want to rez but if I rez someone I know I'll die to some light pillars or sweeping beams so it's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    The 5 second revive timer is probably because of all the oneshots that can happen in such a fast moving quest. By itself the quest is OK but at some points there can be too many lights and random flybys. I think it's to cover for that design flaw - if they didn't have that timer, non-expert runs would be unplayable. Sometimes I want to rez but if I rez someone I know I'll die to some light pillars or sweeping beams so it's tough.
    I wholeheartidly disagree:

1) There are no random flybys. Everything is scripted. The flying enemies always sweep after a specific enemy has been killed. Moreover, they appear in the minimap as red triangles. Also, I am nearly certain that they pick their target based on proximity.

2) It's not a design flaw because it is one-shot only and only if both of the following conditions happen: (a) Player is a glass cannon (b) Player does not take evasive actions. I have intentionally stayed afk to see how much damage these flying enemies do when they all focus you, and I can assure you that at ~2300 DEF with 1750HP and HP Restore A from Mag, you will survive getting hit by all of them.

3) Non-expert runs are perfectly playable. At worst there would be a delay of about 15-30sec in clearing each sector.

4) Knowing when it is safe to use recovery or reviving options should be part of the strategy of the game, and not only how to press Evade and how to deal damage.

5) The game should punish numerous deaths more actively. I am not saying "Quest Failure" punishment, though I would be happy with that as well. I am saying that people should be using their Halfdolls and Moons, and finally get back to campship once they run out of those options as well. And they should start making use of the quest ranking system to determine rewards.

Just something to add; a duo video (Gu and Ph) who got 2/2/1 run, that also intentionally destroy flybys for more points.