Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Now that you break it down i can say these are definitely not non-expert stats. Non expert means people are still gearing up and levelling classes and Techer remains one of the least popular classes based on class polls.
    I forgot to respond to this, but I've seen people with decked out moderately affixed lightstream sets in non-expert. Whether or not they just turned it off, were playing on an alt (it's off by default per character), or what, I don't know, but I've seen it enough that it's worth noting. I've also seen people in the help thread asking for help despite having better gear than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i was meme'ing about maron revolver in Armada, not that having a couple for Sector 1/2 isnt a bad idea for ships
    Some day I'll level and candy my other Marons. Someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I forgot to respond to this, but I've seen people with decked out moderately affixed lightstream sets in non-expert. Whether or not they just turned it off, were playing on an alt (it's off by default per character), or what, I don't know, but I've seen it enough that it's worth noting. I've also seen people in the help thread asking for help despite having better gear than me.

Well i can tell you from my own experiences that sometimes we just tick it off. i do this fairly often for the ultra runs as well, go in none expert rooms to just help out, Although the downside to this is you're tanking quite a bit. For obvious reasons..

Or in other cases for people who aren't me, they are likely there in parties with their friends who are unable to get the expert tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    Well i can tell you from my own experiences that sometimes we just tick it off. i do this fairly often for the ultra runs as well, go in none expert rooms to just help out, Although the downside to this is you're tanking quite a bit. For obvious reasons..

Or in other cases for people who aren't me, they are likely there in parties with their friends who are unable to get the expert tag.
    Yeah, those are the reasons I usually have it off too. Though, I have still seen cases of people with lightstream not being able to complete the expert requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    These stats are exactly the following:
    Weapon: Ability III - 15 DEF
    Rear: Historia Soul + Omega Reverie + Stamina III = 25 DEF + 100 HP
    Arm: Ares the Soul + Ability III = 15 DEF + 35 HP
    Leg: Ares the Soul + Double Reverie + Stamina III = 135 HP

With the exception of Ares, which I think I made with Historia and some random boss soul, everything else was just slapped from common drops.

-=Pre post edit=-
    I just checked those Stellar Walls. They give combined 45DEF + 255HP. Excluding my weapon, that's 5DEF more and 15HP less than what I posted. Of course, the units themselves lack in DEF and HP compared to Austere + Lightstream.

Also, non-expert is a different discussion. Expert or non-expert is not a division based on stats, though they can affect to a minor degree; it's a division on skill and mindset.
    It looks like we can agree 3x Stella Wall and no Techer around isn't going to get players near 1.8k HP and 2.3k Def. Those need tanky affixes on a tanky set, beyond what the game normally gives (tanky affixes on squishy set) or what players normally affix (squishy or balanced affixes on tanky set).

Definitely there's going to be a range of people at different levels of gear. The quest is for everyone but they need to design for worst case scenarios, like matchmaking pulling 12 random lv85 Phantoms with 3x Stella Walls and +30 Ray together.

The main thing I'll say is that if it wasn't so easy to have a lame cheap death in PSO2, or the content in question was built around doing organized groups on your own time I'd agree that the death penalty should be stricter.
    Agree and there's a whole lot of cause and effect behind those lame cheap deaths being a feature. There's been so many iframes and healing sources added over time that you need a complete cluster screw to endanger players now.

Yep, unfortunately instant death mechanics have been Sega's "go to" solution for danger in quests, when they have already implemented a tool that would have better results: Max HP buff (like Sukunahime's during Magatsu).
    -> Less chances of instant death which means...
    -> More builds are viable
    -> Avoiding damage is not significantly devalued since getting hit means that the player will have to recuperate anyway, ie. getting hit still produces "downtime"
    -> Increases the relative value of -mate items, Star Atomizers and Mag HP Restore actions compared to Lifesteal, Megiverse and Resta, without again devaluing the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    inb4 new UH TD + death limits
    UH TD4 with Apprentice's death beam could be interesting.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Yep, unfortunately instant death mechanics have been Sega's "go to" solution for danger in quests, when they have already implemented a tool that would have better results: Max HP buff (like Sukunahime's during Magatsu).
    -> Less chances of instant death which means...
    -> More builds are viable
    -> Avoiding damage is not significantly devalued since getting hit means that the player will have to recuperate anyway, ie. getting hit still produces "downtime"
    -> Increases the relative value of -mate items, Star Atomizers and Mag HP Restore actions compared to Lifesteal, Megiverse and Resta, without again devaluing the latter.
    I actually prefer the healing nerfs rather than more hp, because it makes the difference between stacking hp and stacking defense more of a consideration. The only problem is when it affects mates, since they do percent based healing.

I think another interesting way to implement a healing "nerf" would be to make the health restoration be a regen instead of an instant heal maybe, that way we still get our usual heal power but we cant just chug our HP back up to full in half a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    I think another interesting way to implement a healing "nerf" would be to make the health restoration be a regen instead of an instant heal maybe, that way we still get our usual heal power but we cant just chug our HP back up to full in half a second.
    This is fairly close to Lifesteal, since Lifesteal from most abilities is getting back chunks of about 30-50 of your HP (around 2%-3%). It could work. I believe the game is in dire need of shifting player attention to more "stuff" outside of incoming enemy attacks that interrupt and the Just Attack window.

I always thought it would be great if they could totaly make expert mode games even more harder. Since the name says it all, they should def. tweak expert mode runs with some additional stuff (for example: being incapacitated in expert armada makes you drop your earned points) but instead, expert runs will benefit players with better rates
    Last edited by NightlightPro; Jun 18, 2019 at 02:03 PM.