Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

I'm really curios what people do in the solo XQ and Mother&Deus that makes them fail. Which part of the fight is the problem? Back in the day when I was raiding, I meet people who's dps was lower compared to me when I unequipped most of my gear and spammed only one attack, when I asked why they said "we need to learn the fight before knowing when to attack and what buttons to press", needless to say that we didn't make any progress at all.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Or it could be that I tell them to not join me. Guess that possibility flew over your head. They earned the ability to play with more skilled players in one single game so they deserve to take advantage of that.
    Yes, the possibility flew over our heads because you were acting like the game was forcing you to not play with them. I have a friend who doesn't meet the expert requirements that I play with regularly. If you're willingly not playing with them that's on you, it doesn't mean you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Also, you might not understand cause you're probably too young but back in the day when you had to do hard content in an MMO you had to actually gather a group at a certain point to do it with. Auto matching with PUGs is lazy. It's weird you jump to this "you dont understand" or "got some news for you" lines. You should try to be a little less stand-offish when replying to someone which you clearly don't understand their points.
    I told you to read what I said on the 2nd and 3rd pages because I covered this. EQs are time limited, on a schedule that players have no control over, and happen multiple times a day every day of the week. Organizing your own static groups for 30 minute sessions sprinkled through the day, sometimes with multi-hour gaps is NOT the same as organizing a static group for a single long session you can schedule yourself a couple of times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    I assume "non-experts" should be able to get each sector at least once. This means, I am sure the EQ is well-designed to cope with "non-experts", where everyone should at least be able to complete the EQ (reaches sector 3). If I am one of those who don't care about expert req, at least getting to final boss might already feel like a fun achievement to me.
    I did a non-expert run and still got 2-1-1. Most of that was because I had a hard time getti_(:3

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    This also means that the EQ is well-designed for "experts" too, since if you can compress each run, you are able to get more benefit from the EQ by getting more runs as your reward.
    Up until they actually put limits on them all eqs were like that. The only thing that's new is gaining individual drop bonuses based on how many points you get. Do we even know how it scales? It could be negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    I'm really curios what people do in the solo XQ and Mother&Deus that makes them fail. Which part of the fight is the problem?
    DPS and pp management is the main thing that held me back in Momd/Deus. I know this because when I went to go look at videos to get ideas of what I was doing wrong I saw people playing exactly the same as me and getting like half my time because they had better stuff. It's not like Double where you need specific positioning and well placed burst to skip phases, you can skip mom's shit by just blowing her up, and dpsing deus hard enough means he hides his weakpoint less.
    Last edited by Kondibon; May 31, 2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    I'm really curios what people do in the solo XQ and Mother&Deus that makes them fail. Which part of the fight is the problem? Back in the day when I was raiding, I meet people who's dps was lower compared to me when I unequipped most of my gear and spammed only one attack, when I asked why they said "we need to learn the fight before knowing when to attack and what buttons to press", needless to say that we didn't make any progress at all.
    I seemingly can't do enough damage to finish Mother/Deus, let alone S-rank. My SuFi took over 17 mins to beat just Mother. 2x Pillow throwing, Synchro and Torim 14*s (The Higher Atki byrd, whatever it's called) and I was still struggling to do enough to break the arms in 1 Alter Ego. I feel like they gave the bosses 40-50+ milion HP each cuz I hardly dented Mother when she was downed.

As for Solo, the 1st boss spams attacks and I waste more than half my time trying not to get injsta-wiped by whatever Deus does. I use SuFI for this as well w/ Rykros Staff and 14 pets minus Rappy which is 13*.

I feel like people have no less than 6-7k attack on their characters and 7-8s affixes, soloing these 2 runs with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I seemingly can't do enough damage to finish Mother/Deus, let alone S-rank. My SuFi took over 17 mins to beat just Mother. 2x Pillow throwing, Synchro and Torim 14*s (The Higher Atki byrd, whatever it's called) and I was still struggling to do enough to break the arms in 1 Alter Ego. I feel like they gave the bosses 40-50+ milion HP each cuz I hardly dented Mother when she was downed.

As for Solo, the 1st boss spams attacks and I waste more than half my time trying not to get injsta-wiped by whatever Deus does. I use SuFI for this as well w/ Rykros Staff and 14 pets minus Rappy which is 13*.

I feel like people have no less than 6-7k attack on their characters and 7-8s affixes, soloing these 2 runs with ease.
    I have nowhere close to that much attack and I cleared both, Mother/Deus as FO/TE in 16:13, Solo XQ as Phantom in 9:08.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Yeah, the problem is that there are a whole lot of us who are NOT leechers--I come to EQ's with a 7-slot 15* +35 weapon with 3 SSA's, two 5-slot Lightstream units, and a 5-slot Tag Bode, I am sure as Hell not leeching--but can't pass the new expert requirements yet, and Sega has essentially just given us the middle finger with this.

Telling 60% of your player base that they can't have nice things because 10% of your player base are leeching jerks does not make for happy customers.
    sega isn't calling anyone leechers, they set a bar for higher quality pugs, that's it. the one calling non-expert players leechers is you in this case (or at least that seems to be your viewpoint based on what you're saying, whether you're projecting i cannot say).

the time you spent making this post and complaining about it could have been instead spent practicing either requirement. i understand that especially the XQ can feel unnecessarily punishing with how much damage various things in there do, but that's the point of practice. if you ask for help with your specific class, or tips on how to improve your time/DPS in xq or guides, people are more than willing to including myself.

i don't think you give enough respect to how much knowledge/skill pays off in both of these quests. dozens of ways exist to improve time for every class. there are people who have s-ranked both expert requirements with te/ra, with no subclass, with gear handed to them by sega (fobos+30 + stella units), etc. i'd recommend checking out videos to watch what people do, see what their builds are, and improve your strategies if they are unoptimized.
    Last edited by milranduil; May 31, 2019 at 12:42 PM.

Maybe this will be the push for some of you to get get expert title done or just i guess not do it and blame others, either way you only help yourself

Mods please my last post wasnt remotely hostile
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Nope. my affixes are mid tier at best when i was playing around with the fight on Su/Ph (which seems to be weaker then su/fi) and i s ranked it just fine.

The thing is, Synchro is a boss killer IF you can keep him alive, this is where alter ego REALLY helps after 85 due to harmony. just keep him on the hands and boss, and i hope you know how he combos, because taking 17 minutes on mother alone tells me either you don't or you simply do not know the fight at all. and kept switching out pets, have a pet die quickly to get his buffs from his trait to power him up, and try your best to keep him alive. as he will melt their HP easily if you know how to use him.

Though in all fairness my Synchro was 130 so i assume yours is capped, if you're trying to use him at like 100 you may have problems.
    Last edited by Dark Priest; May 31, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

There should be another filter in place with different requirements. This way you can have the people who like to solo stuff at the top of the chain and the mid tier players on the middle with 4 players trial quests requirements and the low tier at the bottom.

For Mother/Deus, I only switch after a pet dies. They due rarely unless I'm not paying attention, and Synchro for me has seemed lackluster. Even after switching into it after a pillow throws , I hardly see how his ability even ups his dps ( He's 130 to boot with candybox filled).

I have tried combing him over and over but I don't see any increase to dps either. )

For Mother/Deus, I only switch after a pet dies. They due rarely unless I'm not paying attention, and Synchro for me has seemed lackluster. Even after switching into it after a pillow throws , I hardly see how his ability even ups his dps ( He's 130 to boot with candybox filled).

I have tried combing him over and over but I don't see any increase to dps either. )
    He has the highest DPS out of all Pets. but he is known to be hard to use properly. so yeah, i am guessing you don't know how to use him, his attacks need to be comboed to build geki as that is the PA where most of your spike damage is coming from,

He is by no means lack luster or weak, You just need to use him properly. i could point you to many guides but it's easy to look up if you're serious about it. i thought the same thing when i first got him, he was weak, useless and did little damage, then i realized i was trying to use him like i use other pets, spam one PA and hope for the best.

You'll come around if you work with him.