Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

The previous expert was trash. Hail sega for making the correction decision. If you are struggling with expert, just do the quests. It's not hard.

To everyone saying "The new Expert Requirements are not hard", do you realize that you are implying that by them being easy, then pretty much everyone can (or should be able to complete them), and therefore your Expert mpas are (or would be) filled with people who deal like 5% of your dps?

Either the requirements are not easy, or you simply belong to the 10%-20% of the playerbase that can currently complete the requirements. Pick which side of the discussion you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    To everyone saying "The new Expert Requirements are not hard", do you realize that you are implying that by them being easy, then pretty much everyone can (or should be able to complete them), and therefore your Expert mpas are (or would be) filled with people who deal like 5% of your dps?

Either the requirements are not easy, or you simply belong to the 10%-20% of the playerbase that can currently complete the requirements. Pick which side of the discussion you are on.
    Incorrection, difficulty is a relative and not an absolute. What is easy for some isn't easy for others.

With that out of the way, this requirement is objectively easy. The average skill level of this game is just looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    With that out of the way, this requirement is objectively easy. The average skill level of this game is just looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
    1) So why aren't 95%+ of players Experts?
    2) If it is easy and 95%+ of players can and will unlock it within, say June, then what is the purpose of Expert matching? To block 2-3% of players?
    3) If difficulty is relative and not an absolute, then how is it possible for something objectively easy to exist? Either difficulty is absolute, or something cannot be objectively easy/hard.

1) So why aren't 95%+ of players Experts?
    2) If it is easy and 95%+ of players can and will unlock it within, say June, then what is the purpose of Expert matching? To block 2-3% of players?
    3) If difficulty is relative and not an absolute, then how is it possible for something objectively easy to exist? Either difficulty is absolute, or something cannot be objectively easy/hard.
    1) Because they are frankly speaking, pretty bad at the game.
    2) To block idiots that cant even bother to cheese it. The bar is so low and yet people are complaining so much. Its not even asking people to do sub 4min runs on solo xq and sub 9 on GoC.
    3) IDK. Do you think jumping over a 10cm bar is hard? Compared to not even jumping in the first place like the previous requirements. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by AVO View Post
    1) Because they are frankly speaking, pretty bad at the game.
    2) To block idiots that cant even bother to cheese it. The bar is so low and yet people are complaining so much. Its not even asking people to do sub 4min runs on solo xq and sub 9 on GoC.
    3) IDK. Do you think jumping over a 10cm bar is hard? Compared to not even jumping in the first place like the previous requirements. LMAO
    1) If everyone is good at something, noone is good. Expanding the sentence before, if everyone is good at something (for example everyone is at 90%+ of max performer), then the good ones are those at 95%-100% of peak performance, while those at 90%-95% are bad, assuming that we split the good from the bad in the middle.

2) If something can be cheesed, doesn't that mean that the test fails its purpose?
    Would you like to have people who cheesed the requirements in your mpa, and drag it down with them performing at like 10% of you?
    What if people do not want to cheese it but instead want to beat something like decent human beings?

3) For an adult human who is not suffering from some condition, it is not hard. Your question is not exactly on point, here's a more fitting question:
    Do you think running 100m in 13 seconds is hard?

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I seemingly can't do enough damage to finish Mother/Deus, let alone S-rank. My SuFi took over 17 mins to beat just Mother. 2x Pillow throwing, Synchro and Torim 14*s (The Higher Atki byrd, whatever it's called) and I was still struggling to do enough to break the arms in 1 Alter Ego. I feel like they gave the bosses 40-50+ milion HP each cuz I hardly dented Mother when she was downed.

As for Solo, the 1st boss spams attacks and I waste more than half my time trying not to get injsta-wiped by whatever Deus does. I use SuFI for this as well w/ Rykros Staff and 14 pets minus Rappy which is 13*.

I feel like people have no less than 6-7k attack on their characters and 7-8s affixes, soloing these 2 runs with ease.
    Sometimes, I wake up and wonder if my gear is too low, with only 150 attack on my units, when I've seen people with 200 attack on their units still fail to clear solo momdad, and then I read this. I've done literally the worst fucking ideas possible in hopes of not s-ranking momdad, things you witness before your death. I have no idea what on Gay Satan's Gay Earth thats causing you to get one shot in deus when there is a skill that nullifies the whole aspect of getting one shot if your pet isn't malnourished like a Soylent drinkers who couldn't open their new-type bottle top. You can also just Rappy dunk everything and still srank it.

As someone who has completed both expert conditions, I'll say that I still dont really think the current requirements are really a great way to tell a player's skill, especially for all of the classes.

Mother and Deus is honestly fine with me, its a bit more DPS oriented (as is most of the game I guess) but the main thing is that you can just run back in if you make a mistake and die.

Meanwhile in solo XQ, if you mess up even once on anything like Deus or Hunar, you're pretty screwed and have to start all 5 stages all over again. a complete restart from a single death is honestly stupid and doesnt resemble anything else in this game (other than a few rematch EQs which have a death limit, but those seem to have been done away with recently) because in literally any other situation if someone goes down, all I (or someone else) has to do is just press the button for a moon atomizer, an animation which takes less than a second and theyre back up right away. Theres no point in punishing death in expert req content if it isnt even punished in the "real" game in the first place In addition, this is a more small thing but full on focused aggro is rarely a thing someone is going to have to deal with in any situation in this game unless they're running something like war cry/brave hunter, so personally I feel solo content with groups of enemies focused onto you doesnt really represent any actual game content well either.

Ultimately, the largest issue is that stuff like solo XQ is biased more towards certain classes and others struggle more just due to how they're built, the comparison between a Hero trying to do solo XQ and a Techer trying to do solo XQ is vastly different, especially if the techer player has their kit set up to be more supportively focused instead of solo damage capability. I think having different "expert missions" for each individual class type would work a whole lot better for this, since it could test players to ensure that they know exactly what theyre doing with that class specifically.

1) If everyone is good at something, noone is good. Expanding the sentence before, if everyone is good at something (for example everyone is at 90%+ of max performer), then the good ones are those at 95%-100% of peak performance, while those at 90%-95% are bad, assuming that we split the good from the bad in the middle.

2) If something can be cheesed, doesn't that mean that the test fails its purpose?
    Would you like to have people who cheesed the requirements in your mpa, and drag it down with them performing at like 10% of you?
    What if people do not want to cheese it but instead want to beat something like decent human beings?

3) For an adult human who is not suffering from some condition, it is not hard. Your question is not exactly on point, here's a more fitting question:
    Do you think running 100m in 13 seconds is hard?
    1) Ok, your point?

2) So your point is because the requirement is shit and hardly represent the proper skill level, that means sega shouldnt bother implementing it? Some people cheat in schools and qualifying exams and get away with it so does that mean we abolish the entire schooling/certificate system? If people dont want to bother cheesing it and want to beat it properly then go ahead and do it properly then. In fact, i have seen doing people that and isnt complaining about the harshness of the requirement and just practice their way to s rank so whats the problem here?

3) 100m in 13seconds is hard for me now. But that equivalent to that in pso2 is endless 1 lap imo so...

Seriously, the mental gymnastic people are doing to justify expert requirement as some impossible feat or omega unfair DaRk SoUlS is hilarious.

We are at the age of 15* weps, tradable actual decent 14* potential matching with 15* weps, rappy shine,handout hp armour phobos, guardian armour s1/2/3, tons of video doing sub 5runs on soloxq on way worse weps, tryhard sub 9 or meme runs like overend spam on goc and yet people still want to complain about it being hard and bitch paragraphs about it instead of taking it in stride and just treat it as a one time you actually need to learn to play the game. But i guess the bare minimum of 10 cm bar is really hard in year 2019 i guess.

Punishing dying is important, because we have gone face tank as is. It doesn't have to emulate actual content. How much of degree and masters level mathematics emulate real life? The whole point of the test is to almost 'over' prepare you for content. I still do not understand; why are people treating expert as something that allows you to access content others cannot? I'm getting tired of saying this, but expert is a match method and everyone who can fulfill the requirements for it get to play together. Why is this hard to understand? It doesn't have to represent anything in the game because all it has to do is measure your competency. Your competency in solo goes hand in hand with performance in other types of content; there is a correlation there.

And seriously, who the fuck cares? This is a casual game, proven by the fact that the only requirement for every piece of content in the game is that you have the prerequisite level. It's almost as lenient as you can get for a lobby based MMO.