Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    For Mother/Deus, I only switch after a pet dies. They due rarely unless I'm not paying attention, and Synchro for me has seemed lackluster. Even after switching into it after a pillow throws , I hardly see how his ability even ups his dps ( He's 130 to boot with candybox filled).

I have tried combing him over and over but I don't see any increase to dps either. )
    Synchro Ken -> Zan -> Ken -> Zan -> Geki -> Zan -> Ken -> Zan -> Geki -> Zan -> Ken -> Zan -> Geki -> and so on.

Basically, Synchro Geki can only be used at full power after a combo of 4 PAs and the same PA can't be used twice in a row.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Since the gear point was mentioned a while ago, I HIGHLY advise anyone who has trouble with the requirements to buy and grind an Awake weapon. Yes it's a *14 but a *14 that's stronger than Austere on bosses, on top of pretty bonkers pp recovery (it's basically a built-in flowing grace whenever a boss is near you, and guess what, solo XQ and triggers are 99% bosses). It's honestly a must-have for how cheap it is for anyone that haven't got or can't get a *15 (or said *15 is already slotted for another weapon/class)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 31, 2019 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    There should be another filter in place with different requirements. This way you can have the people who like to solo stuff at the top of the chain and the mid tier players on the middle with 4 players trial quests requirements and the low tier at the bottom.
    this is again projecting the idea that everyone who passes current expert is some tryhard solo elite player which is simply not the case at all. by introducing an additional layer, you will still get people complaining, just this time it will be "i'm good enough for tier2, i shouldn't be stuck at the bottom" and "why is tier2 so trash, i'm good enough for tier1" etc. the whole point of removing old expert is that the 4p trial requirement isn't a requirement at all. you find 1-3 other players to carry you and that's it, you're in.

practice
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    For Mother/Deus, I only switch after a pet dies. They due rarely unless I'm not paying attention, and Synchro for me has seemed lackluster. Even after switching into it after a pillow throws , I hardly see how his ability even ups his dps ( He's 130 to boot with candybox filled).

I have tried combing him over and over but I don't see any increase to dps either. )
    along with the combos people mentioned above me, try using rykros staff with synchro. the megid spam adds up very quickly with the PA rotations

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    this is again projecting the idea that everyone who passes current expert is some tryhard solo elite player which is simply not the case at all. by introducing an additional layer, you will still get people complaining, just this time it will be "i'm good enough for tier2, i shouldn't be stuck at the bottom" and "why is tier2 so trash, i'm good enough for tier1" etc. the whole point of removing old expert is that the 4p trial requirement isn't a requirement at all. you find 1-3 other players to carry you and that's it, you're in.

practice

I don't care if there will be people still complaining, what I care is that it solves a immediate problem. If they don't like tier 2 then they will move to the final tier but at least they will have a better experience even if they're tsundere about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I don't care if there will be people still complaining, what I care is that it solves a immediate problem. If they don't like tier 2 then they will move to the final tier but at least they will have a better experience even if they're tsundere about it.
    let's take a closer look at that
    If they don't like tier 2 then they will move to the final tier
    If they don't like non-expert then they will move to expert
    your own logic

I have nothing to add except that since these expert requirements are supposedly bad at gauging a players' skill level since it's not "varied" enough, we should change the expert requirement to Endless Loner since that requires a very broad set of knowledge and skills.

Maybe even Forever (I don't have this yet though, only just started playing again).

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I have nothing to add except that since these expert requirements are supposedly bad at gauging a players' skill level since it's not "varied" enough, we should change the expert requirement to Endless Loner since that requires a very broad set of knowledge and skills.

Maybe even Forever (I don't have this yet though, only just started playing again).
    Endless Loner brings the problem that it ranges from being a relatively trivial matter to an actual prowess depending on the class you play. Some classes are just naturally better or worse at endless. basically it would heavily reward anyone playing GU while fucking other classes or making it a lot harder to clear/route for them.

I actually think those requirements are fine. solo XQ is very lenient on the time requirement, but asks of you to deal with high damage enemy and dodge their value reliably (which will probably will be more and more needed in UH given the damage ramp up that's happening), while Mamadeus is more of a test about how to get good DPS with any class you play (having remotely relevant gear while knowing good DPS rotations, knowing to deal with both static and mobile targets). Also, unlike Endless, RNG doesn't play a part in this, and for this kind of "test", the more static the quest, the better
    Last edited by Zephyrion; May 31, 2019 at 02:10 PM.

This man is a tyrant. 😤

Forever expert would be quite something. Can really see that one MPA during peak JP hours composed of Gunner and Hero mains. Average quality of non-expert pug would also skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    let's take a closer look at that
    If they don't like tier 2 then they will move to the final tier
    If they don't like non-expert then they will move to expert
    your own logic
    Yeah but with a extra tier, It's necessary as the previous expert was decent. They can always make obligatory to complete the trials in EX quests.