Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    I have failed to get the Expert Mode requirements for months. Maybe that's beause of my ineptitude (as you imply) or maybe that's because of my incurable bradykinesia/bradypsyche. In any case, thank you to avoid making general considerations claiming people who keep failing just don't want to get better. I don't have my place in Expert Mode and I accept it. But I do not accept to be called a lazybones. Because it's not true.
    I don't think most people will look down to those who put up the effort. But do you see the pattern here? This complain thread is already more than 10 pages long in only a few days, and not a single one who haven't passed the expert requirement and still struggle wanted to open a thread of "HOW to deal with expert requirement" and start posting their video or whatever part they think they need to optimize. Not, a single one.

Meanwhile, there are those out there that are also failing on daily basis, but they keep asking and posting what they did wrong within a community, and that community keeps asking for his/her gear, affix, parts of his/her gameplay videos, and keep optimizing and starting to improve.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jun 1, 2019 at 08:11 PM.

I feel like one thing that'd atleast make it better for those middle-ground people would be to use the old expert reqs for a in-between matchmaking mode between normal and expert so that the people who put in atleast that much effort wont get stuck with leechers/extremely undergeared players. it'd be an easy change to do probably but I dont know if that'd split the playerbase up too much.

The really funny thing about this is that my original post was not intended to be an complaint about the expert mode requirements (which I've been actively working on passing myself, and indeed passed one of them last night!) but rather I was trying to express a concern about the way the EQ is structured and a feeling that it was unfairly stacked against those without expert.

The even more funny thing is that having done the EQ a few mote times since and gotten some better quality parties (even in non-expert, yes), I've come to the conclusion that I was wrong about my original concerns - the EQ is fine as it is.

And yet the argument over the expert matching conditions rages on. This doesn't surprise me, honestly, because I think the whole expert match concept is flawed (and the implementation even more so), but I was really not trying to start something like this!
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    And yet the argument over the expert matching conditions rages on. This doesn't surprise me, honestly, because I think the whole expert match concept is flawed (and the implementation even more so), but I was really not trying to start something like this!
    Err... ok.

I don't know what to say. They made it easy to gear up. I can't even do a full loop of Endless Quest 1 solo but easily did the expert requirements. Even if you didnt take advantage of all the quest before to make an easy 15 star, as someone mentioned before you can buy an Awake weapon off the market and use that to destroy bosses.

Assuming you were smart enough to farm the easter CFs for +30 13*s to easily grind future weapons you would want to make.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    I don't think most people will look down to those who put up the effort. But do you see the pattern here? This complain thread is already more than 10 pages long in only a few days, and not a single one who haven't passed the expert requirement and still struggle wanted to open a thread of "HOW to deal with expert requirement" and start posting their video or whatever part they think they need to optimize. Not, a single one.
    Because that would be counterproductive to the actual problem, which led Sega to implement a wrong approach in solving it; players should not be shown how to clear a specific challenge, they should be shown how to improve themselves globally in whatever challenge may be implemented.

A guide for current Expert requirements is, like people have said, "cheesing" and "a cheat sheet". The correct approach would be to teach people how to measure if a piece of equipment is an upgrade or not without telling them what the optimal is, how to check if a different build is more effective or not without telling them what the meta is, how to recognize when to use a long range vs short range ability, how to recognize when to burst vs when to sustain, how to recognize when to use long-cast animation vs. short-cast etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    But I do not accept to be called a lazybones. Because it's not true.
    But Yurashina is right. People who say they can't clear solo XQ, are lazy. You don't need good gear , you don't even need skills.Уesterday I bought Dim Talis, grinded it and cleared solo XQ, with 80lvl hero.It took me 4-6 tries to get S rank. So if you don't want to do even this - you're lazy.You wasted more time complaining about new requirements,than trying to clear solo XQ.
    ID: Maks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiboune View Post
    But Yurashina is right. People who say they can't clear solo XQ, are lazy. You don't need good gear , you don't even need skills.Уesterday I bought Dim Talis, grinded it and cleared solo XQ, with 80lvl hero.It took me 4-6 tries to get S rank. So if you don't want to do even this - you're lazy.You wasted more time complaining about new requirements,than trying to clear solo XQ.
    Did you understand a single word of what I wrote ? Did you even read my whole post ? I think not. But since you seem to be a know-it-all, please, give me a way to cure my illness before turning your nose up at me. I would gladly appreciate it.