Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 166
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    I actually might've misread into it a bit, but it's still funny to blame everyone but not yourself for not being fast enough. Sega's way of handling EQs was always a gigantic mistake. Multishipping resulted in paying customers having a massive advantage over not paying, on top of already well geared player acquiring better gear faster resulting in more imbalanced playerbase that gets its top players buffed by a small around while making casual players fall behind with gear until the new welfare wave. There was never a need to have some many reward bonuses for running quest faster. The boost system, fitting more EQs into timeframe, rare boost carry-over for number of runs now, or multishipping. Snowballs off better geared players having easier time getting even better gear were always present without systems designed to propagate it.
    multishipping has nothing to do with the EQ system's design, even if you could do them anytime with a 1 day/week lockout for rewards multishipping would still work
    the reason multishipping is effective is because they don't character-bind the drops you get for gear/the gear itself allowing you to share things across characters, so you can pool together your dumb rocks or transfer a gear drop to your main if your other-ship alt gets it.
    now whether that's a good thing or not is another question but I don't want my shit character bound

    you don't need lightstream to clear expert requirements anyway so whales getting it faster is a non issue, they hand out gear that's acceptable enough literally for free. seriously, if someone can't clear expert requirements on the solo xq side they are either lazy or a combination of bad+stubborn to not cheese it, just swallow your pride and grab a fucking talis or tmg and cheese it with hero or gu/hu respectively if you don't like non-expert matching, nobody will know.

    one can say "but im good at eqs i just can't dodge" but I gotta say mashing the same handful of PAs over and over which is pretty much what acceptable EQ gameplay amounts to doesn't really say much about you as a player one way or the other.
    Last edited by KatsuraJun; May 30, 2019 at 06:03 PM.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    multishipping has nothing to do with the EQ system's design, even if you could do them anytime with a 1 day/week lockout for rewards multishipping would still work
    the reason multishipping is effective is because they don't character-bind the drops you get for gear/the gear itself allowing you to share things across characters, so you can pool together your dumb rocks or transfer a gear drop to your main if your other-ship alt gets it.
    now whether that's a good thing or not is another question but I don't want my shit character bound
    No, multishipping has everything to do with Sega being unwilling to lock the EQ clears to the same counter across all ships just because it brings nice money,
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    you don't need lightstream to clear expert requirements anyway so whales getting it faster is a non issue, they hand out gear that's acceptable enough literally for free. seriously, if someone can't clear expert requirements on the solo xq side they are either lazy or a combination of bad+stubborn to not cheese it, just swallow your pride and grab a fucking talis or tmg and cheese it with hero or gu/hu respectively if you don't like non-expert matching, nobody will know.
    Expert requirement isn't where the game ends. Multishipping gets you drop only stuff at acceptable rates compared to doing it once per slot, especially when you have multiple character classes to gear up, and want to for example do Endless Loner, this especially when it was still relevant, now it would be Forever Loner. I myself more care about how the design of EQs and other quests caters too much to the multishipping and multi-running design with ticking boosts, where we get nerfed enemy HP in EQs compared to free fields just because otherwise the EQ wouldn't go fast enough. EQs need to be simplistic as shit nowadays because nobody is gonna be planning any roles like with CM when the EQ timer starts and you gotta fit as many as possible.

    What do you think my expert status is anyway?

  3. #33
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Now, imagine if they put Masquerade lv30 as a requirement.
    Time gating the Expert requirements would be gross. Also, Masq lvl 30 is honestly easier than the solo XQ anyway.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    The fact thst they released this EQ the same day the expert match requirements changed makes it really feel like s kick in the teeth.
    We were told what the requirements would be, and when they were going live weeks, or over a month ago.Some of us met the requirements before they were even announced.

  5. #35

    Default

    1000 titles required for Expert, I'd like to so how many would hit that?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    1000 titles required for Expert, I'd like to so how many would hit that?
    Sure spamming subdue za oodan 100 times with every new seasonal NPCs would hone my skills.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Sure spamming subdue za oodan 100 times with every new seasonal NPCs would hone my skills.
    There's not enough NPCs in this game to give you 300 titles.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    No, multishipping has everything to do with Sega being unwilling to lock the EQ clears to the same counter across all ships just because it brings nice money
    while that's a solution as well, that's still not a quality intrinsic to EQs though. All EQs are are a system of randomly/pre-scheduled quests limited to certain times of the day rather than quests being constantly available to run as a way to limit progression speeds as opposed to weekly/daily lockout limits.
    they could very well scrap the whole EQ system altogether and adopt a similar weekly/daily lockout system like other mmos and as long as they don't lock it across ships/character bind gear it'd be the same exact issue
    like imagine if you didn't character bind gear/tomes in xiv since someone brought that game up and it could be shared across chars, people would just funnel that shit all to their main, no EQ system, still has the problem of more char slots purchased = faster progression. They'd have to go back to character binding shit or set a global account-wide limit.

    that's why so many mmos in recent years have absolutely forced you to lock whatever you get on your character to stay on your character, cause they don't want people to skip/speed up progression by circumventing their weekly/daily limits through grinding it out on multiple characters and funneling it all on their main. encourages people to keep logging in if they gotta do their daily little chores for 10 weeks instead of 2. that's literally exactly what multishipping is and it's really got not much to do with the nature of EQs.

    Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Expert requirement isn't where the game ends. Multishipping gets you drop only stuff at acceptable rates compared to doing it once per slot, especially when you have multiple character classes to gear up, and want to for example do Endless Loner, this especially when it was still relevant, now it would be Forever Loner. I myself more care about how the design of EQs and other quests caters too much to the multishipping and multi-running design with ticking boosts, where we get nerfed enemy HP in EQs compared to free fields just because otherwise the EQ wouldn't go fast enough. EQs need to be simplistic as shit nowadays because nobody is gonna be planning any roles like with CM when the EQ timer starts and you gotta fit as many as possible.

    What do you think my expert status is anyway?
    I was talking about expert since that was what that person was having a problem with, and idk what your status is, probably cleared? I wasn't speaking about you in the latter half of what I was saying.
    Last edited by KatsuraJun; May 30, 2019 at 07:23 PM.

  9. #39

    Default

    I see a problem which you guys already stated that, good drops only available in sector 3, right? And with shit non-expert MPA, this is impossible.

    So, make some good drops come in sector 1 and 2 would be a great thing for us weaklings!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    I see a problem which you guys already stated that, good drops only available in sector 3, right? And with shit non-expert MPA, this is impossible.

    So, make some good drops come in sector 1 and 2 would be a great thing for us weaklings!
    there would be no point to the 3rd sector and you have plenty of time to clear Sector 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    This is very off-topic, so I'm just going to say that what is easy for one person isn't necessarily easy for another, and leave it at that.
    you guys are complaining about non expert requirements that you had ample time to clear with every day of practice to ensure you cleared said requirement with ample amount of help from people and plenty of youtube videos to watch and put to practice (along with a 2month long LQ's that dropped end game gear to get you ready).

    My gripe is the fact that casuals are going to complain to no end until they finally learn/practice those 2 quests and get it done so they can go back into Expert matching again. Again, you play this game everyday God forbid you have to actually learn to play the game a little more efficiently to get back to the norm instead of just blaming Sega for "ruining" the game for you by taking out the "fun".

    The only reason this content is easy for me is because I actually took the time to learn the quest, what I was doing wrong, what I could do different, watched would other people did, incorporate some of that into my gameplay and adapt to clear this content through repetitive attempts. its all just LEARNING in the end
    Last edited by Kril; May 30, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

Similar Threads

  1. IT experts, I require your assistance
    By Sekani in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 7, 2008, 02:29 PM
  2. PSU: Expert Classes Requirements
    By Nisshoku in forum PSU General
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: Oct 9, 2006, 08:12 PM
  3. Expert Mode
    By Pure-chan in forum PSU General
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Sep 7, 2006, 01:10 PM
  4. Article: New Expert Mode Information
    By Ryna in forum News and Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 1, 2006, 09:19 PM
  5. Article: Expert Mode and Online Gameplay News
    By Ryna in forum News and Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 23, 2006, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •