Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    75% correct.
    Without veering offtopic, my point is that we may be getting better equipment that allow for more mistakes and for more damage per action which reduces time spent in the XQ, but reflexes cannot really be improved substantially regardless of how much training you undergo; in fact it is accepted that they deteriorate as you age. You can have 20* equipment and 9999HP; if you need more than 1 second to react to enemy attacks you will still fail. And there is nothing wrong with that. At best you can hope for memorization to substitute reflexes by learning what enemy action will follow up, but even this can only help so much when combined with enemy randomness
    Raw reflex doesn't matter in the game outside of a selected few situations, like instant Masquerade moves, which you can predict and pre-emptively dodge because he has to combo them from something. Rest of everything has tells well beyond 0.5 second long, even if you account for not being immediately able to recognize the attack animation. Bottom of human reflexes without actual impairment is somewhere around 0.4 or so raw. The real problem is choice reaction. Humans get confused and react much slower when they are presented with something like having to press the button whose colour appears on screen on similar. Complicated responses are much slower than basic reaction to stimuli, be it visual, audio or touch. Complicated response time can be more effectively shortened by training though.

90% of action games isn't really about having above average reflexes, but merely drilling the proper responses so you stop thinking of what action to perform and start reacting. Sekiro was the game where I tested it myself the most. First run I was getting absolutely destroyed by perilous attacks which you had to dodge with the proper response unlike normal ones, but on NG+ nearly all perilous attacks became counter fodder for me, all because I stopped looking at the sign and thinking whether I should jump or dodge forward or dodge to the side. I just knew what it will be.

You can even add onto it other stuff like experience with boss patterns letting you see more than merely connecting tell with attack animation, but rather pay attention to attacks that are on cooldown after use, some more sophisticated ways bosses combo their attacks, Deus alternating between swiping hand and punching in his torso phase with other attacks between. A lot of things that aren't related to raw horsepower of your neutral pathways help you react to fast attack or slow you down when trying to react to something that's actually pretty slow. You shouldn't really pay that much attention to reaction time below 40 years old.

It's all pretty offtopic but eh, I like talking about reaction times and their effect on performance and similar.
    Last edited by vantpers; May 31, 2019 at 08:01 PM.

I'm being sincere when I say this; I don't get the complaints.
    We've been told months ago what the requirements are. 15*s, and 12* units were basically given out before this.
    I met the requirements for the solo with a 13* fornis and 11* austere before level cap increase in the first week the solo came out.
    I don't think I'm a ninja, and I'm damn sure I'm not ponthi.
    What's with the complaints? People have it easier now than I did.

For those who haven't passed or those who think this expert requirement should be removed, you really don't have to expand the definition of current expert requirement to justify whether you are bad or good, or whether this req is easy or hard, tbh. If you aren't satisfied, just keep trying to pass the req cause the fact is right now you need to clear it.

Practice means you have to do it tons of times, not just failing 10 times and then say you are "bad" then leave it at that. Dedicate yourself a bit, accept yourself that you are still not that good. That acceptance will give you lots of room to improve. Swallow your ego and start clearing it.

I propose someone to create a walkthrough thread called "How to Pass Current Expert Requirement" which I think is more productive, where people can post videos or specific tricks to help those who really want to pass the requirement, cause I still see people purely eager to clear it but still struggle to deal with it but without complaining. (I'm lazy to make one, luls)

Expert requirement itself is nothing but technical issue which can be solved in individual manner. So rather than that, I'm more worried on the social impact to those who got non-expert and expert friends which I believe is a more complicated issue. I honestly don't know how many casual teams/groups that might have already been broken further cause of this, and I'm not just talking about english community here. However this is further off topic to this thread.

on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I had my first run with a friend who wasnt expert, and we had 4 runs total(sector 1 done twice). From what I have seen from other experts, the average to expect is 2/2/1, so we missed only 1 run. If so, non-expert doesnt seem too bad.
    Hopefully I can get home early today to do an expert run and see difference for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I did a non-expert run and still got 2-1-1. Most of that was because I had a hard time getti_(:3
    Okay so non-expert and expert pug matches are 1-3 runs difference as far as I see. Also, being able to run 2x sector 1 is more than I expected on non-expert matches, so I don't see why someone or some people complain how this armada EQ is not well-designed for non-expert. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Up until they actually put limits on them all eqs were like that.
    Yeah I removed my reply that says "Remember when sega decided to gate the number of EQ runs? Some of us don't like it." I mean, if we can run the EQ faster than anyone else which our reward is getting more drops, why should we be gated? I know their mitigation is economy issue towards the drops, but blaming us for playing faster instead of their failed content like Magatsu that can be easily cheesed was just... silly.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; May 31, 2019 at 08:53 PM.

The way players always throw the argument "but what about Techer" as the prime example of the "bad design" of various expert requirements is actually quite disturbing tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    The way players always throw the argument "but what about Techer" as the prime example of the "bad design" of various expert requirements is actually quite disturbing tbh.
    Yes, xpert reqs are solely solo experience, and some classes are better at soloing, than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Yes, xpert reqs are solely solo experience, and some classes are better at soloing, than the others.
    Except, we are just trying to clear expert requirements, not compete for the fastest clear time. You don't they have been set with the consideration of techer? The class is not as weak as people think; hell even a pure support build te/ra cleared, there is pretty much no excuse based on the games mechanics. Just because some classes have it easier, it doesn't invalidate the stated requirements. The best example I can think of is hunter. Hunter excels solo, and relatively speaking, does much better with its solo kit than it does with it's MPA kit. Does that mean every hunter who has cleared expert got carried by class? Or does it really just not matter?

All I see is people not willing to put in time and effort.

what is even the complaint right now

this thread has been absolute nonsense and just ???? for the full 2 pages.

The thing about expert mode requirements is that
    most of the game is in Easy to SH tier difficulty to roughly surmise.
    let's just say it's at 95% of the content and the remaining 5% is the actual expert-plays

what's the 5%?
    the kind of content that people do; albeit the min-maxers; challenges like beating Phaleg in less than 10s, Solo XQs, Solo EQ runs, etc.
    these are the kind of people who are hardcore players willing to pour time and resources for improvement.

Me? even If managed to get the said decent or above average gears, it's useless without proper execution.
    I'm not in expert mode, I'm not complaining, personally my hands (injury) and reflexes are shit to even be able to complete the XQs so not gonna bother
    and that's not the kind of skill requirement that made me play this game for 5 years.
    I've accepted the fact that I'll be separated from the expert-unlocked players, with that said, I haven't experienced arduously terrible runs on non-expert so far.

I think the core of the problem isn't so much the expert mode itself, but more that it's needed at all. This game does a pretty bad job of teaching people how to play. You get your class, and you get your tree, and the game is pretty much 'have fun' without giving much direction, as opposed to, say, FFXIV, which feeds you your class abilities in a fixed, logical order so you learn it one bit at a time.

Doesn't help that these days the pre-endgame is just shoving players through to level cap as fast as possible with constant boosts. It's the video game equivalent of that guy at the theme park that doesn't actually check if the kid is tall enough to ride before strapping him in :T
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02