Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    Pretty much yeah. The original expert was already like that only needing to clear stages 1-5 of first solo XQ. And yet, some people couldnt do it. People complain about expert not filtering enough players, but when you compare it to non-expert...well I am grateful we even have a filter at all
    My main issue with solo XQ was Phaleg. Even when they brought they concept of being able to do 2 other Solo quests to unlock Expert, I refused to do them until I did the solo XQ and beat Phaleg. I managed to do it thanks to my Stil Rod, so the solo trigger quests were a piece of cake after that.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I worded that wrong. Even with current powercreep, current expert req is still harder than older ones in their relevant times. But overall is muuuuch easier compared to what it was 1 year ago when it was new. My point was mostly about 1st req when expert was just introduced(easiest one even on day 1, just need to beat first solo xq floor 1-5) about people not being able to clear it.

Elitist rant from a casual incoming. Like, you must have been TRYING to fail that req back then. Floor 1-5 had no DPS check, no steep timers, and no high damage enemies. You could do it as slow and safe as possible. Worst case scenario, you failed stage 4 order(like me lol) and stage 5 griffon would be tankier, but even then it would only take longer. Nothing was dangerous there. The hard stuff were the 6-10 floors, but they were never part of the req. Many guides were posted here, and many suggested to just cheese it with Brhu as it was the most braindead method back then. And even then, many people never meet those reqs. Forgive me for this, but those are the players I am happy that are being filtered /:

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    My main issue with solo XQ was Phaleg. Even when they brought they concept of being able to do 2 other Solo quests to unlock Expert, I refused to do them until I did the solo XQ and beat Phaleg. I managed to do it thanks to my Stil Rod, so the solo trigger quests were a piece of cake after that.
    Elitist rant: why do casuals let themselves suffer so hard it takes over a year with the current power creep just to clear what was already more than doable (with that current power creep) and not very difficult content from the get go? instead actually sit and learn the content and clear it to get it over and done with. Instead I hear the usual same excuses everytime "wahh not everyone is a no lifer like you in this game!" follow by the other excuses "I just can't do it! reee". This game is so casual friendly, why bother to make it harder on yourself by waiting so long to do this?

my post isn't exactly directed at the_importer (because this moron is such a snowflake hes forever got me blocked) but it's an example of what I'm getting at. I have casual friends who came back recently, caught up on gear over the past couple of weeks (albeit not the best of gear but decent still, Novel/Liberate, Stil weps), cleared the expert Reqs so they can run stuff with everyone else then just played the game at their pace again.

18mins Guides is super SUPER generous on the clear time, somehow people struggle to clear or at least come close to clearing it even with Stil gear

12mins solo PD is just a walk in the park this point with current gear as well but people still go past the time requirement

solo XQ is just, idk it's super hard to not take your time and clear this even with the most caution taken to clear specific bosses. Even with successor classes (or Summoner) you could just technically fail every floor condition and still be fine
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 2, 2020 at 12:00 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    My point was mostly about 1st req when expert was just introduced(easiest one even on day 1, just need to beat first solo xq floor 1-5) about people not being able to clear it.
    Wasn't the 1st req this? Obtain a Leg, Arm, and Rear ★12 or higher unit. Each unit must have a grind value of [+10] Equip them all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Elitist rant: Elitist rant: why do casuals let themselves suffer so hard it takes over a year with the current power creep just to clear what was already more than doable (with that current power creep) and not very difficult content from the get go? Instead I hear the usual same excuses everytime "wahh not everyone is a no lifer like you in this game!" follow by the other excuses "I just can't do it! reee". This game is so casual friendly, why bother to make it harder on yourself by waiting so long to do this?
    Since I know that you like this, here:

If everyone can unlock Expert, then Expert loses its purpose. Even within the Expert part of the playerbase there is a large difference between those who are the cream of the crop and those who unlocked it with a few seconds to spare.

Since the only difference that Expert and non-Expert mpas nowadays have is just clear speed and nothing else (the chance of actually failing a quest is so low it's almost improbable), I think that Sega should switch to a ladder-type of competition for deciding who can be in Expert. So they could, for example, have Traces of Darnkess UH clear speed as solo be the metric. The fastest 25% get to be in Expert, everyone else in non-Expert. And the catch is that, for example, I can be in Expert one day, but then I get knocked off by other players who improve their time, and so I would have to improve my time to knock someone else off to return to Expert. This would help in ensuring that:
    (i) the percentage of the Expert playerbase remains constant [best 25% of those who attempt to rank]
    (ii) the requirements cannot get easier due to access to better gear because everyone will be able to improve their time
    Basically the same way that Arks League and Time Attack competitions work, but with the reward being access to Expert mode.

The above suggestion can be improved with the implementation of multiple layers of Expert. For example Layer 1 has everyone in the top 20%, Layer 2 has everyone from 20% to 50%, Layer 3 has everyone from 50% to 100% and Layer 4 has everyone who hasn't attempted to rank.

Of course this is just an armchair developer suggestion, that due to technical reasons cannot be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Since I know that you like this, here:
    All i got was:

-I give up easily
    -I'm not motivated to do anything because I choose to not be
    -I am not willing to work toward anything, I want it handed to me
    -Someone else will always be better than me, I get that and I accept this because this is who I am BUT instead of using competition to better myself, I will give up at a moments notice when someone else is doing better than me

I don't want to go into a rant about stuff like this but I mean, you don't need to be perfect, you don't need to be at God skill at something but at least get to a comfy level of "Good" and just coast it from there. Improve yourself because nobody else is going to do it for you
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 2, 2020 at 02:47 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Some vids for the Etoile section, since it is not a thing in this thread yet:

Phanatical Phantoms Etoile DB 5:20

Phanatical Phantoms Etoile Wand 3:45

Testroyers of Light (XH) Etoile 9:52
    Yay an actually relevant answer ! I'm going to add those to the directory, thanks for taking your time !

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    All i got was:

-I give up easily
    -I'm not motivated to do anything because I choose to not be
    -I am not willing to work toward anything, I want it handed to me
    -Someone else will always be better than me, I get that and I accept this because this is who I am BUT instead of using competition to better myself, I will give up at a moments notice when someone else is doing better than me

I don't want to go into a rant about stuff like this but I mean, you don't need to be perfect, you don't need to be at God skill at something but at least get to a comfy level of "Good" and just coast it from there. Improve yourself because nobody else is going to do it for you
    While I do agree generally clearing Expert has some underlying game stance issues about it, I think the game is also partly to blame for this. Due to how it is structured it is incredibly easy to level up and the mpa equalizer syndrome might make you think you're doing well and understanding your class. And then out of nowhere comes Expert requirements, which I agree aren't hard but they also are the very first wall you actually encounter in this game. And it's a very frustrating first wall between XQ humongous enemy damage on Elder and Hunar and triggers still hard checking your DPS and requiring you to both know the fight structure and proper DPS rotations, which in a lot of cases basically amounts to re-learning the game and at least knowing what kind of accessible gear you can use for it. A lot of people would feel naturally more ready to not give up on Expert if it were part of a bigger learning curve but it isn't.

tl;dr the difficulty of Exoert requirement isn't high, but the difficulty spike is actually very real
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 2, 2020 at 04:15 AM.

We have beaten this horse quite a lot.

- Unlocking Expert does not guarantee that a player will perform appropriately.
    - Expert only checks a player's ability in solo content, not in group content. Despite PSO2 being overly solo-centric and not requiring heavy coordination even in mpa content:
    -- Someone who prioritizes moving into a Zanverse is a better player than someone who stands still just outside its radius
    -- Someone who knows when to throw a Shifta as players gather on a weak spot is better than someone who closes in with attacks
    -- Someone who knows to switch to a target woth Weak Bullet/Point Assist is better than someone who just attacks their closest target
    -- Someone who knows how to switch elements according to enemy weaknesses is better than someone who just spams (Il/Ra)Grants
    -- Someone who burns a fire-weak enemy with hefty HP is better than someone who again spams Ilgrants and overwrites Burn with Panic
    -- Someone who tries to gather enemies as they spawn and keep them gathered is better than someone who just starts AoE attacking
    -- Someone who prioritizes targets based on importance/threat is better than someone who just hits the closest enemy to them.

None of the above is tested in any of the Expert requirements, and it's why people still fail Mining Base VR UH even with Expert on.

like saw some guys solo flaz arms from the other side while mpa try to lure them in another side then it take 4 min to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    think that Sega should switch to a ladder-type of competition for deciding who can be in Expert.
    I don't...think the game needs this. This isn't a PVP game where maintaining a high rank means something. I didn't even initially like the separation of the playerbase with the introduction of expert, but I understand the reasoning behind it. It's a necessary evil due to the pacing of the game throwing you into endgame content in only a few hours of play.

Your suggestion WOULD make it so that being in expert has more meaning, and the MPAs would be better most likely...but I also think it would be annoying to upkeep, overall is unnecessary, and would cause issues during player drought.
    Last edited by Coatl; Jun 2, 2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.