Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

I must respectfully disagree, increasing my stats ended up saving me 3 minutes on Mother as it helped me to skip a hand phase. It can have a significant impact.

But at this point I can tell this thread has shifted towards complete dismissal of the idea. As such I am pulling my support of this thread. Please remove my video immediately from both quest listings.
    Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Jun 6, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    I must respectfully disagree, increasing my stats ended up saving me 3 minutes on Mother as it helped me to skip a hand phase. It can have a significant impact.

But at this point I can tell this thread has shifted towards complete dismissal of the idea. As such I am pulling my support of this thread. Please remove my video immediately from both quest listings.
    Whatever suits you, videos properly removed from directory ! Also added Falco's undergeared run to it !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 6, 2019 at 04:48 PM.

in your video you had 4 hand phases which awhile ago sega changed mother to automatically go to her final phase regardless of how much damage is done to her after 4 phases. to get a skip you need to phase her on the 3rd down

EDIT: To the people saying the team drink only affects your base stats, I'm pretty sure every shifta-like buff takes affixes into account.

If you have everything on point then upgrading your affixes will obviously have a big impact, especially if you go from having almost nothing, to 100+ on everything, but the cost effectiveness of doing that in relation to what you get out of it is considerably higher then I think is reasonable to expect of someone who can't complete the requirements without it. Even moreso if the person already has like 60-80 atk.

I personally find the extra PP makes a bigger difference than the attack.

There's no "complete dismissal", and I'm not sure why people being able to do it without high end affixes means anything to you, since this thread is about completing the requirements, not speed-running it.

EDIT: To clarify, the reason I suggest people not worry about affixing is because it's been shown to be doable undergeared, so telling someone "well, you almost got it, you can stop trying harder now, just get bigger numbers", trains people to get carried by their gear instead of actually pushing themselves a bit more. If someone would REALLY prefer that, sure, but I'm not going to personally suggest it because I think it sets people up for failure later, and trains them to think their skill can be "capped".
    I also don't think it should ever be the first suggestion for improvement, even if you're only a few minutes off. I ended up shaving over 2 minutes off mother/deus on Su by changing some candies around and playing better, which was considerably cheaper and more worthwhile than re-affixing my bode units...

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    Then I should forget about affixing for a while
    You can still get decent 4 or 5 slot affixes for pretty cheap, you just don't need to go all into it.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 6, 2019 at 07:17 PM.

When it comes to time effectiveness getting tree buff if you're already in a team or grabbing right drink and jerky are great in spite of providing so-so benefits. Going from 13* (Phobos is ass too, and I don't see people getting it as welfare stick utilizing the unsheathing potential well) to 15* or even 14* is another great thing to do since you will have to finally do it anyway, and those provide big benefits to your damage output while not being so hard to gear especially with Armada and UH series, or Awake being low 15* tier at bossing. Reaffixing your units from 100 attack to 150 is comparably major ass and not worth it on the other hand.

Same works for skill really. You might be already missing a lot of easy ways to pad your DPS by just changing up your rotation on unmoving targets a bit, realizing one of your PAs has massive iframes that can get you through some attacks, or that bosses might have blind spots. For example it's weird for a Hunter main to forget he has charge parrying and instead opt to distance himself from Omega Hunar's AoE slam, since you have higher chance of tripping on one of those circling flames for your entire HP bar than missing the charge parry window, on top of being ready to instantly launch a rising edge straight into the weakpoint cutting down the time you spend needing to survive.
    Last edited by vantpers; Jun 6, 2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    When it comes to time effectiveness getting tree buff if you're already in a team or grabbing right drink and jerky are great in spite of providing so-so benefits. Going from 13* (Phobos is ass too, and I don't see people getting it as welfare stick utilizing the unsheathing potential well) to 15* or even 14* is another great thing to do since you will have to finally do it anyway, and those provide big benefits to your damage output while not being so hard to gear especially with Armada and UH series, or Awake being low 15* tier at bossing. Reaffixing your units from 100 attack to 150 is comparably major ass and not worth it on the other hand.

Same works for skill really. You might be already missing a lot of easy ways to pad your DPS by just changing up your rotation on unmoving targets a bit, realizing one of your PAs has massive iframes that can get you through some attacks, or that bosses might have blind spots. For example it's weird for a Hunter main to forget he has charge parrying and instead opt to distance himself from Omega Hunar's AoE slam, since you have higher chance of tripping on one of those circling flames for your entire HP bar than missing the charge parry window, on top of being ready to instantly launch a rising edge straight into the weakpoint cutting down the time you spend needing to survive.
    This is honestly better put than what I said.

well heres a 3:19 katana only phanatical phantoms

Spoiler!

Oof, my friend just told me today that she gave up on trying to beat Phaleg and is probably just going to stop playing. She was complaining about a lot of stuff besides expert though so she probably just doesn't like the direction the game has gone since episode 3. To be fair, I didn't think she would ever be good enough to beat it anyway so not really surprised. Anyway, thanks for answering my questions and providing some insight for her.

on the affix topic, I did a cheap build, alternatively swap out the souls with EX Ares the Soul if you want ( I prefer normal Are's because saves affix slot space and just miniscule points elsewhere) or do your own thing with or without my build, this is like a cheap budget 5's I sorta came up with at the top of my head, im sure theres something better but I dont feel like putting the effort into it since I do high end stuff and haven't done a cheapo build in a long time. Nobles and Elegants are cheap as well if for whatever reason you want to go the extra mile (not particularly on this build).

https://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/#!...xKFyNDrmtf222G

idk how to get the pic to not look so ass on here so use the link above to see the build better and not in ant vision
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 7, 2019 at 01:11 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    EDIT: To the people saying the team drink only affects your base stats, I'm pretty sure every shifta-like buff takes affixes into account.
    Only katana gear does that.