Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Only katana gear does that.
    Yeah, I'm thinking of HP buffs, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You can still get decent 4 or 5 slot affixes for pretty cheap, you just don't need to go all into it.
    So I commonly have these in all of my units since its cheap and easy to make but is that enough?
    Apprentice Soul
    Persona Reverie
    Spirita 3
    Stamina 3
    Power 3 (sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    So I commonly have these in all of my units since its cheap and easy to make but is that enough?
    Apprentice Soul
    Persona Reverie
    Spirita 3
    Stamina 3
    Power 3 (sometimes)
    I dunno, do you think it's enough?

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    Apprentice Soul
    Persona Reverie
    Spirita 3
    Stamina 3
    Power 3 (sometimes)
    did you already affix this stuff or is that your plan? because swapping that spirita 3 for an arks fever will go a long way, and arks fever is pretty cheap if you're working with low slot stuff and can put i on your units before you upslot them. i've saved a ton of money getting 1-2s arks fever units and affixing it to 1-2 slot units that i'm going to use (then upslotting as far as i can go with 100% success, or at least as far as i'm willing to risk, which is usually 6s for me). spirita 3 has been totally obsoleted at this point. (honestly, making your own 5s arks fever shouldn't be that bad either if you just get the cheapest one you can and upslot it yourself with fodder that drops as you play, especially if you buy on/shortly after pso2 day).

i'd definitely recommend running a compound soul instead of apprentice. the extra hp/pp you'll get from it is worth it. you WILL get 5s historia souls if you catch 1 dragon eq if you're worried about cost, and it's not too hard to get a 5s soul to mix it with as a drop (ESPECIALLY if you're comfortable with running endless 1). additionally, the boss soul you're mixing with historia will probably boost pow success rates allowing you go use pow4 instead of pow 3 (extra 5 atk per unit, so 15 atk. not a huge increase, but it's free atk so no reason to leave it on the table)

as far as if it's enough, that affixing is enough to get the job done if you're good enough, but better affixing will make your life a lot easier if you're struggling (especially since you called pow 3 a "sometimes" affix, which means it sounds like you're running under 100atk per unit in some cases).

also, while units are important (because typically it's going to be x3 since in an lot of cases you'll put the same affixes on all 3 units), don't forget how important the weapon is. having the proper SSA's is a huge deal and can add an extra 10-12% damage.
    Last edited by reaper527; Jun 7, 2019 at 08:50 AM.

I haven't played other classes but with Phantom Rod, affixes are definitely not important. As I could clear Phanatical Phantoms in 11m49 and Destroyers of Light in 17m36 using Phobos Units from story quest, random affixed Awake Rod and random affixed 14* Atlas Rifle. I don't have any 15* weapon because I've just started a month ago.
    I also didn't use team tree and food. Only weak point drink in the campship.
    My stats:
    Spoiler!

It took me 14 attempts to S Rank Phanatical Phantoms, and 6 attempts to S Rank Destroyers of Light.

A few things I've learned:
    - Must learn to dodge. So before attempt Phanatical Phantoms, must practice fighting Deus and Phaleg in story quest first. After getting used to their attacks then fighting them become easier. I died to Deus 7 or 8 times before I knew that I could practice in story quest.
    - Don't be too aggressive, focus on dodging instead. Also, can ignore stage 1 and 3 stage order. I failed both of them but still able to clear with a lot of time remaining.
    - For Phaleg second phase, I used Val Rifle with S4:Vampiric Strike. Because I haven't played with rifle much so Vampiric Strike really helped here.
    - For Omega Hunar, when I use rod, I always get killed after I run out of PP to heal. So I use rifle and just stay in the air shooting.

For Destroyers of Light:
    - Must also learn to dodge. Because getting hit and healing lower DPS alot.
    - Must play aggressive, attack as much as possble.
    - Try to save PP before boss's downtime. E.g. try to recover some PP before breaking last arm.
    - Use Step jump in Deus Esca fight to save time and PP
    Last edited by fuyuka0121; Jun 7, 2019 at 11:43 AM.

It's unfortunate that he pulled his guides of creation run, and considering sword is the most popular hunter weapon it's probably worth replacing. Best bet is to get one from shana but if you want one with more modest damage let me know and i'll get someone to do one.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    It's unfortunate that he pulled his guides of creation run, and considering sword is the most popular hunter weapon it's probably worth replacing. Best bet is to get one from shana but if you want one with more modest damage let me know and i'll get someone to do one.
    yeah I'd like an average run, so if you can get someone to record one it would be sweet. You don't have to go too hard at it tho, I'll search for a run in the meantime, and if push comes to shove, I'll record one myself !

EDIT : added Gunslash Fi/HU clear for both quests for those the very brave gunslash mains out there
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 7, 2019 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    yeah I'd like an average run, so if you can get someone to record one it would be sweet. You don't have to go too hard at it tho, I'll search for a run in the meantime, and if push comes to shove, I'll record one myself !
    i ended up just doing it myself, here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/436506125 guides of creation with below average gear, sword only

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

even with mediocre gear, you have more atk than i do lmfao

probably i'm overlooking some of those buffs.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

Quote Originally Posted by modoru View Post
    even with mediocre gear, you have more atk than i do lmfao

probably i'm overlooking some of those buffs.
    I kept all of those buffs because there is no reason not to use them. Now you can reroll drinks and team tree isn't hot cancer, as long as you are in a team you can just grab the 20% attack (remember, only like 5% damage). Weak point is optimal there since it is 15% damage on the bosses weakpoints (again, shifta is only 5% and PA is 10%, if you are premium weak point is 20% damage!). Finally meat stir fry is 200k for 30 minutes, which is 1 1/2 attempts. Due to the relaxed points on hunter skill tree, if you are using guard stance you can basically grab s atk ups super easily. Here is a tree that has automate, massive hunter maxed, 2 points in iron will and 1 point in never give up, and 26/30 s atks up. Maxing s atk up gives you 225 damage (nearly 5%) http://bit.ly/2MAS61I