Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I updated most of the techs, including il grants to power, etc. Dodge when attacks fly at me, spam il grants/grants when needed and use compounds when boss is down. I just finished a 3rd trigger run and got my time down to 22:54 but still, I expected brillaint il grants to be breaking records in terms of DPS. Died twice w/ my 2nd death returning to campship during Deus.

I hit around 11-12k per il grants spark and 13k per hit on grants,

EDIT: 4th run cleared and now my time is 21:21. The bosses feel like sponges. Tried Random drink w/ Weak boost but that wasn't much of a boost to DPS (albiet a slight one). PP isn't an issue but damage is.3 il grants to break Mothers' arms a piece and 3-4 il grants to break Deus' dragons as well. My biggest issue is trying to break their extras.
    if you really want to improve your time, i suggest trying to record a run so people can critique your gameplay. you have LS rod, weak drink, and the correct craft, the largest factor here now is gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    if you really want to improve your time, i suggest trying to record a run so people can critique your gameplay. you have LS rod, weak drink, and the correct craft, the largest factor here now is gameplay.
    Never recorded but I can try that later today.

EDIT: Here' my best run so far - 19:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqoe...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by cheapgunner; Jul 4, 2019 at 09:55 PM. Reason: add-on

Never recorded but I can try that later today.

EDIT: Here' my best run so far - 19:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqoe...ature=youtu.be
    Spam Ilgrants instead of Grants because Ilgrants has higher DPS.
    Put all compound tech in one subpalette for this quest to avoid wasting time switching.
    Use Ilzonde/Safoie/Dash-Jump for fast travel.
    Since you rarely run out of PP, can consider equipping the Phobos units from story for higher atk/hp/def

You should watch this vid, try following his gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Note that you can get all lvl 17 PAs/techs in the excube shop, 20 excubes each.

Dunno if this will be helpful, my Fo/Te run, it's not a great run or anything, cleared it on 16:13, just an average run with average equipment I guess, but maybe it could help in giving ideas in what you could improve?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqTcykpd9GU

Quote Originally Posted by fuyuka0121 View Post
    Spam Ilgrants instead of Grants because Ilgrants has higher DPS.
    Put all compound tech in one subpalette for this quest to avoid wasting time switching.
    Use Ilzonde/Safoie/Dash-Jump for fast travel.
    Since you rarely run out of PP, can consider equipping the Phobos units from story for higher atk/hp/def
    Thanks for advice. I know I have the rear and should have the others somewhere on my chars (All mixed up and what not). Should I save Zandelion for Mother or can I get away using it on 2-3+ Falz arms if they stack on top of me to try and clear as many as possible there?

Thanks for advice. I know I have the rear and should have the others somewhere on my chars (All mixed up and what not). Should I save Zandelion for Mother or can I get away using it on 2-3+ Falz arms if they stack on top of me to try and clear as many as possible there?
    couple things:

-fo gets up to 3 minute shifta. you can take advantage of that before you start the mother porter by casting shifta three full times (12+ ticks)
    -practice your ilgrants JA timing. you spend a considerable amount of time holding the full charge randomly.
    -use rebarantsia for mother cubes.
    -during mother's final phase, stay near the middle, use lock on, and use ilgrants more when she's close to you.
    -you can dodge single hits with tech parry to DPS while being attacked (mother swiping, etc.)
    -try using elder dark blast against the start of moon phase with the 8 dragon heads.

Spoiler!

Came so close.....Almsot want to quit this ridiculous challenge at this point. Even if I past this trigger run, There's no hope to even beat Deus. Boss has my number, name, address and game ID on lockdown. >.>;

I swear, holding the tech charge for too long is pretty much the biggest problem, and addressing that alone could give you a huge DPS boost. Using Ilzonde to move around faster is not something all that difficult either, but fairly important to get the boss into your Ilgrants range. Even with all the other things as they are you should be getting at least sub-16.

Oh, and cast Zanverse before compounds. The easiest 20% damage boost for your most powerful attacks
    Last edited by isCasted; Jul 6, 2019 at 03:11 AM.

try to spot mother's arm the one that suck you into the cage kill that hand first so you can save time for not being suck into 0 dps zone

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    I swear, holding the tech charge for too long is pretty much the biggest problem, and addressing that alone could give you a huge DPS boost. Using Ilzonde to move around faster is not something all that difficult either, but fairly important to get the boss into your Ilgrants range. Even with all the other things as they are you should be getting at least sub-16.

Oh, and cast Zanverse before compounds. The easiest 20% damage boost for your most powerful attacks
    I can't figure out when to let go of the charge. Some times I get it right, others I only get 3 ~6k hits with it per charge.

My Subpallete and Light Rod Set is already full. Should I drop Deband forZanverse and switch it up then?

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    try to spot mother's arm the one that suck you into the cage kill that hand first so you can save time for not being suck into 0 dps zone
    I think that's Luther's arm, the one that goes 100 feet in the air all the time and stabs down. I think Double's arm is the one that produces the wall.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9