Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I can't figure out when to let go of the charge. Some times I get it right, others I only get 3 ~6k hits with it per charge.

My Subpallete and Light Rod Set is already full. Should I drop Deband forZanverse and switch it up then?
    Deband is virtually useless on Fo. If you get hit, you'll have to take the same amount of time to heal back anyway. As for the charge time, with how long you're holding techs for right now you should at least learn to react to the charge sound cue. Humans roughly react to sounds in 130ms and visual cues in 250ms on average, so it's mostly about internalizing the mindset that you should be releasing as soon as possible. Then, when you want to actually learn the proper timing and shave off those 130ms, there are plenty of training dummies to practice on (you can start with XH Rodos for basic practice, then learn to pay more attention with Banger Bear and XQ Deus)

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Deband is virtually useless on Fo. If you get hit, you'll have to take the same amount of time to heal back anyway. As for the charge time, with how long you're holding techs for right now you should at least learn to react to the charge sound cue. Humans roughly react to sounds in 130ms and visual cues in 250ms on average, so it's mostly about internalizing the mindset that you should be releasing as soon as possible. Then, when you want to actually learn the proper timing and shave off those 130ms, there are plenty of training dummies to practice on (you can start with XH Rodos for basic practice, then learn to pay more attention with Banger Bear and XQ Deus)
    Thanks for this. I usually don't play game music and listen to my own on my PC or youtube. I guess I need to put music back on.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Never recorded but I can try that later today.

EDIT: Here' my best run so far - 19:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqoe...ature=youtu.be
    Ok I'll try to compile everything that has been said while giving my own overview !

First tings first, you can be more confident in yourself ! You do undestand how Force works on a basic level, you use compounds properly, use mostly the right techs. Now it's a matter of small optimizations that can definitely go a long way !

Ok so maybe it's a dumb question but are you using random drink with weakpoint effect ? this is a 15% bonus damage whenever you match element weaknesses or hit a weakpoint, so on Force this is pretty much unconditional bonus that is much higher than photon drink or shifta drink effects. it even goes up to 20% if you're Premium (Still the drink you should go for even if that's not the case).

Otherwise as it was pointed out, working your tech release timings will tremendously help. I play Force occasionally, so every time I go back to it, I just sit in campship and just spam the most used techs to get the timing back. I advise you to just do so. It really is just muscle memory so the more you do it the better your timings will get over time !

Now on to the fight itself

Mother Arms Phase
    - biggest advice I could give is to use lock-on more. you tend to look away from the arms because of free aim and also change targets way too often. You gotta lock-on one arm and focus it til it's out then onto the next one. I'd prioritize Elder and Double arms as Force, as they are the most likely to flinch or combo you from offscreen

Mother Stun
    You can save a lot extra time here. So first thing is don't be too impatient. What matters is dealing the most damage as possible, so before you kill the last arm, you can freely take your time refreshing shifta, setting ramegid 0, preparing your palettes, get ready to Ilzonde towards her and the like. The goal is to be fully buffed and ready once she goes down. Any moment you waste time not dealing damage during the stun gives slower stun clears and higher chances of having to go through extra arms phase. As was said don't forget to zanverse your compounds for free damage ! In the same vein, try to keep photon Flare for stuns, especially the third one. Judging from your damage output you have what it takes to one-cycle final stun if you sort out your cooldowns and get better tech release timings, which is a HUGE time save, so try to work towards getting that !

Mother Cube Phase
    As Mil said just holding Re Barantsia is the fastest way to kill cubes !

Mother Center Phase
    Lock-on again will help you a TON here. Mother will always do her patterns depending on your position, so you need to lock on to always face her. It makes tech parry and/or Nabarta 0 MUCH easier to implement, and lets you do damage immediately after mirage step. As long as you're locked on you'll never face away which means less downtime between attacks and easier dodges ! As for tech usage, generally, rule of thumb is Grants when she is doing normal swipe, Grants when she prepares Loser Hand swipe and Ilgrants after it, Grants before Elder Slam and Ilgrants after it, and otherwise just spam Ilgrants for any pattern involving her going at the center !

Deus Hydra Phase
    You're doing relatively good here. I'd advise you to use Samegid on heads (either craft is okay but I prefer Umbral for easier PP Management here). It hits heads well both from very close and very far, so you can spam it relatively freely if you got Dark mastery skilled.

Deus Stun
    Pretty much what I said about Mother stun can apply here too. Don't forget to Ilzonde towards core to gain some precious time, and use Ramegid 0 before you kill the final head. Deus being weak to dark means the extra ticks you get from Ramegid 0 when you shotgun him with Ilgrants make it really worth casting it. Do not worry if you don't see the damage numbers by the way. If you hug core and use Ilgrants very close, all the hits will register but the damage is displayed offscreen for whatever reason, but that's not a problem !

Deus Second Phase
    The place where lock-on is absolutely vital. Force in this fight can stay locked on to the core and spam grants on Deus even when he is offstage ! Just doing so should shave off up to one minute in your run so definitely try it out ! As Mil said, you can save Dark Blast for the Final Hydra phase !

Hydra DPS check
    Dark Blast Elder,hold the fist flurry PA and heal every once in a while and this phase will be down in no time.

Core DPS check
    it's a repeat of the previous phase so lock on dat core and dish the pain !

This may sound like a lot but most of this again, is mostly minor adjustments. You don't have to try and improve everything at once, just focus on improving each phase one by one, and move on to the next once you're satisfied with the change you made ! Good luck on that S rank and don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have some !

Unrelated, but I'm also in the process of sorting submitted videos so directory should be updated by the end of the week !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Hydra DPS check
    Dark Blast Elder,hold the fist flurry PA and heal every once in a while and this phase will be down in no time.
    I would add that, once the hydra heads are gone and Deus recovers from his stun, end the Dark Blast early. Dark Blast Elder isn't great at DPS during the final phase. It is better to get the lock-on on the core as Force and be able to DPS him while he is at a distance and withdrawn offstage.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Tried 2 more runs but can't get anything but 19+ mins. Zanverse and Type-0 ramegid don't seem worth he trouble. Trying to setup 2-3 techs before the core while not getting insta-killed by various arms, lasers, etc. is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Guess Imma be here for a while with updates. >.>;

I am seriously surprised, my friend told me she finally beat Phanatical Phantoms today with a time of 14:10. Never expected she would actually beat it. She told me she upgraded her equipment by a lot (apparently she got a lightstream rod and that new resonant rifle which apparently helped against Phaleg). I guess maybe I should actually try to beat it myself now...

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    I am seriously surprised, my friend told me she finally beat Phanatical Phantoms today with a time of 14:10. Never expected she would actually beat it. She told me she upgraded her equipment by a lot (apparently she got a lightstream rod and that new resonant rifle which apparently helped against Phaleg). I guess maybe I should actually try to beat it myself now...
    Congrats to ur friend then, this is good news.

Apparently my friend is now having trouble with the trigger quest. I don't think they are doing bad, they only finished 25 seconds over. I am again asking for her since she refuses to create an account on here. She linked me one of her videos: https://youtu.be/JmkAG7lPVUk. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    Apparently my friend is now having trouble with the trigger quest. I don't think they are doing bad, they only finished 25 seconds over. I am again asking for her since she refuses to create an account on here. She linked me one of her videos: https://youtu.be/JmkAG7lPVUk. Thoughts?
    For your friend, just my take.

Mom
    2:29
    Core reveal is important, don't heal during core reveal and focus on damage first. Only heal it after.

4:00
    Don't detonate on blue mark, detonate on purple. Detonating on blue mark only benefits on mobs for PP. if you have problem with PP, do 3rd normal hit rotation. That should get you more techs, instead of rotating all normal attacks during the core reveal that gives you less DPS on important moment.

5:07
    Again, core reveal is crucial, don't charge shifta, just do uncharge. Also I think you doesn't need to charge zanverse either. Not much of a big deal though, since phantom charges fast anyway, unless you really do care for a second or two, in which case you are off by a few seconds.

5:33
    On cubes, I use shifted Kugelstrum (rifle). Maybe someone else may suggest another way cause I didn't really properly time on which method is faster or not.

Deus
    10:26
    You are dashing too far, which costs her too much PP. 1 safoie and walk away with step jump is enough (or 2 safoies if you still feel unsafe), you shouldn't get hit (even if the char's body may be moved a little), and focus on that side of the dragon.

9:49, 11:50, and 13:13
    No need to dash close the balls, I think the tech can reach 3 dragon heads far. Just stand on the middle of dragons and move only a bit if you need be. You got a lot of PP enough to cast techs to destroy all the balls without even moving too much. I use Gimegid on this one, some others maybe Grants, not sure.

16:00
    Use Dark Blast Elder on the dragons, then cast Ultimate Impact when the core is revealed. After that, immediately remove the dark blast after he's up. Ensure your DB is properly leveled up.

17:40 - end
    I can see you're panicking here, and it is normal, cause your timing can be broken during this phase. Why? Because his attack window (from one attack to another) is simply faster than previous phase which will break your pattern. Know when to stop casting for the sake of predicting the next attack is recommended. Ph got 1 sec for its tech invincibility, so if you want to play safe, try to time this properly instead. This will get by after a few runs anyway (cause needs practice), so don't worry about it.

General
    - Keep the ramegid on if you need.
    - You don't always need to zanverse unless you wants to detonate purple mark (Some samples are 1:23 and 12:15). Casting Zanverse is only useful when the target isn't revealed yet but you're already there, such as Phaleg stage 3 on solo xq3 or Persona stage on solo PD.

The text that I make bold can cut you a lot of time which hopefully you can prioritize to give the few seconds you need for S rank.

Good luck!
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jul 13, 2019 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Spoiler!
    Another thing to note is that she is not using Shift Volkermord and she needs to dodge more attacks with step to get more Phantom counters and PP
    Also in 10:33 she is just wasting PP for no reason, the dragons are hidden and there is no reason to cast techs here, just wait for them to appear again

I tried doing the trigger with Phantom Rod only, just to see how good can I do with my current gear and this was the results

(All the units have 100T-ATK, I used Shifta Drink and the ATK Boost from the team tree, didnt use Timed Abilities, but people can do that to get more DPS)

If this helps someone, this is some tips of what I did

• Spammed Ilgrants most of the time and I always tried to have active shift Volkermord + Ramegid-0 for extra damage
    • When the bosses are stunned I used Shift Volkermord + Ramegid-0 and then hold the regular Volkermord on the core until they get up
    • When mother is getting up from the stun, I stay close to her and dodge her attack to get a Phantom Counter and PP (she swings her arm)
    • Whenever I have the opportunity, I dodge attacks to get a Phantom counter and some PP
    • I used Ilgrants for the cubes in mother (dont know if theres a better method using only Rod)
    • With Deus Dragons I stay in the middle and use Grants on the other heads that are far away
    • When Deus is Stunned I use Ilzonde to climb faster the dragon