Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Huh, so my friend just told me they beat the trigger this morning before I got a chance to pass along everyone's advice. They said they made some changes to how they were approaching the quest and they shaved a full second off their time. They said they used rifle for cubes, used lock on for arms, didn't actually die to Deus this time, and apparently Samegid does a lot of damage to the dragon heads, allowing her to wipe them out quickly. Thanks anyway everyone. But yes she finally has expert unlocked again.

Congrats to your friend then for not giving up. Welcome to the club.

I shifted my PA rotation to guilty break, rising edge combo during down times, but Mother still takes pretty much 10 minutes anyway.
    I just don't get why I do so little damage compared to (for instance) the sword only video in this very thread.
    For now I'm trying to get consistent at sneaking in a couple of ignition parry here and there.
    Deus is stalling for time and it's driving me mad.
    I guess I should simply switch classes...
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    well heres an undergeared using 2017 ice weps and the phobos from the story but didnt grind them (the units werent grinded i mean)

Spoiler!
    honestly this is the kind of content I was looking for out of this thread; a video of somebody doing it with pretty dang low quality gear (and showing that off at the start) so somebody could study the sheer skill required to pull off a clear like that, and learn how to apply it to their own play.

from here what we could probably use are some videos covering the individual enemies, like I never noticed Phaleg lifting her head at the last moment of her curtsy before she starts dashing until somebody pointed that out to me. there's a lot going on in some of these videos, so it would be An Idea if somebody could cover whats going on; sometimes somebody winds up missing something that seemed very simple in retrospect, so somebody politely helping to connect the dots would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jul 27, 2019 at 10:47 AM.

Just passing by to say I finally stopped being lazy and updated the first post with submitted, thanks everyone for contributing ! If you see anything off, be it mispelling or link error or whatever, feel free to notfy me as well !

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    I shifted my PA rotation to guilty break, rising edge combo during down times, but Mother still takes pretty much 10 minutes anyway.
    I just don't get why I do so little damage compared to (for instance) the sword only video in this very thread.
    For now I'm trying to get consistent at sneaking in a couple of ignition parry here and there.
    Deus is stalling for time and it's driving me mad.
    I guess I should simply switch classes...
    Sadly, Sword Hu is pretty tough on Mother, and in general, due to how reliant it is on successful ignition parries to get the most ouf it. It also means Sword overall struggles on stuns since there is nothing to parry. It's pretty much why most tryhard HUs resort to partisan for stuns since it's a weapon that fares better in that scenario. That being said, Sword has all it needs to get decently fast clears and decent power on stun, just it will require more work than classes with easy access to bursts.
    For the damage part, I'll just quote what the person that submitted the low gear Sword only video said about various relatively free boosts. I updated the opening thread with his undergeared sword clear video so unless it's the one you're referring to, be sure to give it a watch !

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    I kept all of those buffs because there is no reason not to use them. Now you can reroll drinks and team tree isn't hot cancer, as long as you are in a team you can just grab the 20% attack (remember, only like 5% damage). Weak point is optimal there since it is 15% damage on the bosses weakpoints (again, shifta is only 5% and PA is 10%, if you are premium weak point is 20% damage!). Finally meat stir fry is 200k for 30 minutes, which is 1 1/2 attempts. Due to the relaxed points on hunter skill tree, if you are using guard stance you can basically grab s atk ups super easily. Here is a tree that has automate, massive hunter maxed, 2 points in iron will and 1 point in never give up, and 26/30 s atks up. Maxing s atk up gives you 225 damage (nearly 5%) http://bit.ly/2MAS61I

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    honestly this is the kind of content I was looking for out of this thread; a video of somebody doing it with pretty dang low quality gear (and showing that off at the start) so somebody could study the sheer skill required to pull off a clear like that, and learn how to apply it to their own play.

from here what we could probably use are some videos covering the individual enemies, like I never noticed Phaleg lifting her head at the last moment of her curtsy before she starts dashing until somebody pointed that out to me. there's a lot going on in some of these videos, so it would be An Idea if somebody could cover whats going on; sometimes somebody winds up missing something that seemed very simple in retrospect, so somebody politely helping to connect the dots would be greatly appreciated
    I thought of doing something like a guide at first, but not only would it be painstakingly long and tedious, it wouldn't be equally helpful to everyone : some classes and people just look for different things in those fights, so there are way too many variables to take into account. It's the very reason why I chose to resort to the advice and submission system : sure you can't just share it like a guide, but this way, you know any advice and insight that is given is helpful in some way, and hopefully, people reading along might pick up a thing or two as well ! That being said if a good soul is willing to make a guide they have all my support !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 28, 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Can anyone give any tips or trick on the solo EQ Destroyers of light, please. I am a gu/fi level 90. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondx View Post
    Can anyone give any tips or trick on the solo EQ Destroyers of light, please. I am a gu/fi level 90. thanks in advance.
    Are you attempting to S-rank clear or simply trying to improve your time?

Here are some general tips: use the devastating firepower and generous i-frames granted to your class. Don't screw up and drop your chains. Learn tricks to get double IF-0 in your chain finish (which are demonstrated in the videos). Learn boss patterns to avoid getting hit.

One trick I know is that you can maintain your chain on Deus' weak point when he is drawn back by keeping a target lock on his weak point and picking on him with normals when he shows openings. Then you can finish the chain when he draws his weak point close.

Check out the videos linked by Zephyrion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

A friend of mine was having trouble unlocking Expert, and I got reminded that this thread still exists. Bumping for newer players etc.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    A friend of mine was having trouble unlocking Expert
    I'm really tired of "Expert" overflooded by noDPS scum recently: like skippind an extra round in Armada and Easter EQ 'cause of them slack and leach.
    Or clearing Elder arms less than 10 times instead of 12-15 and brind much less Cubes from there 'cause these fcks don't bother to use boosts on it too. All MPAs who can't kill Arms in 2 minutes must be fcking kicked from Expert matching for real.

I wish we'll have hardened reqs restricted for each class/character soon.

I'm surprised that they haven't updated it with a solo this or that on UH with S-rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxDMC View Post
    "Expert" players have no lives in plain English because being good at a game is much more important then family and friends lol.