Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    Highly optimized runs often aren't the best thing to show. Taking for example Hu/Fi clear by Me-ri, he jumps into Deus fight by emptying his PP bar to get Lighstream pot bonus damage going then parries several attacks, his way oversized damage numbers cause really early phase switch which he does the optimal 4 ignite parryings on and the fight ends without Deus getting to use his other attacks. A beginner won't be able to pull it off because of damage number differences, and of course he might have trouble getting the execution down in limited time or tries by XQ passes, since the Deus phase change counter is tricky to pull and if not successful, will probably kill you. The PP bar dumping also obviously relies on LS and doesn't work with other weapons. Similarly some more varied runs by players using different runs or for example not relying on just taking most of the damage in stage 4 would be good too. The more the better generally.
    pretty sure these videos arent meant to be copied every step of the way but to learn what you could be doing differently than what others are doing
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 4, 2019 at 06:45 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    pretty sure these videos arent meant to be copied every step of the way but to learn what you could be doing differently than what others are doing
    Yes, I am not saying to remove them, but suboptimal runs are also fine to add.

well speaking of suboptimal runs, here is my shit Te/Ph Mama Desu in under 15 min. I only did this quest 3 times so far so im still stumbling my way through it.

Yes, I am not saying to remove them, but suboptimal runs are also fine to add.
    you come off (to me) sounding like there needs to be like super average runs posted which I'm not sure how often those are even uploaded to Youtube or elsewhere since the general idea is to get the fastest ( or quick) time then upload
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Hu video shows that I should use ignition parry but I suck at it, how does the video help me? The dude uses Partizan too, I can't use that either and there's no WL in the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxDMC View Post
    "Expert" players have no lives in plain English because being good at a game is much more important then family and friends lol.

you come off (to me) sounding like there needs to be like super average runs posted which I'm not sure how often those are even uploaded to Youtube or elsewhere since the general idea is to get the fastest ( or quick) time then upload
    Super average no, but there should be plenty of fast enough runs, or runs limited to one weapon, or other kind of videos and it's fine to for example post 12 minutes Guides if the best time of a class would be 8 minutes. Let's not even go into the amount of cherrypicking that goes into making the very best video there is.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    The Hu video shows that I should use ignition parry but I suck at it, how does the video help me? The dude uses Partizan too, I can't use that either and there's no WL in the video.
    I do plan to add more videos as time goes. this is not the end all be all of the directory. You can already see Hero, Fighter, Ranger and Force featuring safer/alternate ways to approach the clear, as well as classes like Bouncer and Phantom having weapon specific clears; and I only plan to add different runs as time goes on. I can't exactly check every run in a day so expect it to take a lil bit of time . If I can find a WL only run, I'll be sure to add it to the directory !

Also, the Question and Answer part of the thread is exactly made with the purpose of bridging any gap that may exist between the footage and what you run ! It's the reason why I'm encouraging posting this type of question or even post your own footage so we can figure a way to improve WITHIN the limits of what's available to you
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 2, 2019 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    don't lock yourself to one weapon

Super average no, but there should be plenty of fast enough runs, or runs limited to one weapon, or other kind of videos and it's fine to for example post 12 minutes Guides if the best time of a class would be 8 minutes. Let's not even go into the amount of cherrypicking that goes into making the very best video there is.
    okay well by all means, go dig around and watch videos to be recommended in to the post because I'm not going to take the time to scavenge non optimal runs since when I watch these myself I intended to learn things I would normally wouldnt try (and to just get better at something shown in the vid in general) and just run with it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post

Also, the Question and Answer part of the thread is exactly made with the purpose of bridging any gap that may exist between the footage and what you run ! It's the reason why I'm encouraging posting this type of question or even post your own footage so we can figure a way to improve WITHIN the limits of what's available to you
    I highly suggest posting your own footage, gear, tree build etc too. Everyone can record and upload footage to youtube even if you're playing at the lowest quality possible on your pc, its better than nothing. I've seen potato PC's run high end games too so don't say "muh pc cant handle it"
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 2, 2019 at 03:02 PM.
    PSO2 NGS

For WL, I'll say in my experience with doing solo XQ that JG/Heavenly fall will be your best friend

its kinda cheesy but for most of the floors you'll generally end up spending 75% of your time JGing attacks for damage unless you have some super tanky build that allows you to be a bit more reckless.

Other Cyclone Type-0 is notable as it works very well for clearing out the wolgas on stage 2 since you can double jump and hit them at weakpoint level.
    Heavenly fall on its own also works for whenever you need it and cant trigger a JG version.
    Otherwise, Grapple charge is useful for whenever you've got openings where the enemy isnt doing anything.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Boosting your damage helps as well.

This site has all the know foods and what they do. As well on Bumped. Note: Bumped doesn't have all the foods.
    Taking your team tree's attack buff helps as well. Solo guides should use weak drink (spam Random Drink ) over attack drink.