Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    The Hu video shows that I should use ignition parry but I suck at it, how does the video help me? The dude uses Partizan too, I can't use that either and there's no WL in the video.
    then a reasonable suggestion is to practice ignite parry and partisan on their own before using them in solo xq. you have to put the work in!

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

somewhat related, i was able to clear solo phanatical by watching the guhu cast video
    i mean, i've had it open for like two weeks and i've watched it quite a few times, but just in general it helped enough imo

that said, i'm still at a loss as to how they're doing far more damage on all their IF-t0 vs mine but i'm going to just peg it to their gear being overall better in terms of affixes
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

Just leaving this here:

So my friend here has been obsessed with this expert thing since it was first announced and has been trying to beat Phaleg ever since. Many people have tried to help her, she has watched a ton of videos but she doesn't seem able to improve or doesn't understand what she is seeing in the videos. I don't think it's a gear thing since as you can see in the first video, she has decent gear. Also, she uses a controller because she says she can't play the game with a keyboard because it feels too weird to her and it handicaps her I guess. Anyway, just thought to post her videos showing her struggle, I personally don't think she will ever beat it because her skill level is capped out, she just isn't good enough and never will be. Some people just can't get better. I was wondering on people's thoughts though on this.

Well that's all cool, but I wanna see here

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Directory
    runs wtihout these team tree buffs and PA damage drink too.
    Many people don't have a team and between armada runs you just can't hunt for this drink so these aren't actual in real MPAs.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Jun 2, 2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post

-snip-
    Did your friend take forget to take Tech Short Charge?

Watching the first few seconds was enough to tell me that she hasn't gotten Phaleg attack patterns and timings down (when to dodge, when to attack etc.) and has to rely on tech charge invulnerability to avoid the attacks (and forget that you aren't invulnerable the whole time you're in orb form)

Dodging Phaleg as Ph, if you aren't hearing that clink sound (the sound of Ph dodge counter) means you aren't dodging her optimally.

I'd suggest to practice dodging in the EP4 story Phaleg fight (as it seems that Phaleg attack timing is the source of the problem). If you can hear multiple clink sounds in a row you're on the right track (don't have to dodge them all with the clink sound, but 2 in a row means you're getting her patterns right)
    Last edited by Nyansan; Jun 2, 2019 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

So my friend here has been obsessed with this expert thing since it was first announced and has been trying to beat Phaleg ever since. Many people have tried to help her, she has watched a ton of videos but she doesn't seem able to improve or doesn't understand what she is seeing in the videos. I don't think it's a gear thing since as you can see in the first video, she has decent gear. Also, she uses a controller because she says she can't play the game with a keyboard because it feels too weird to her and it handicaps her I guess. Anyway, just thought to post her videos showing her struggle, I personally don't think she will ever beat it because her skill level is capped out, she just isn't good enough and never will be. Some people just can't get better. I was wondering on people's thoughts though on this.
    just heal yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Many people don't have a team
    that's a choice they're consciously making. they are more than capable of joining or creating a team. if the don't have one, get one. saying "not everyone has a team" is like saying "not everyone has 14* or better weapons". it's just not a relevant concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    and between armada runs you just can't hunt for this drink so these aren't actual in real MPAs.
    what are you talking about? your drink persists between armada runs right up until phase 3 where you have to re-up. there is literally no reason NOT to be using a drink for armada. grab it on the first run, and it's good for all 4 phase 1+2 runs. (and if you're talking about the team drink, that lasts for over an hour, substantially longer than the entire armada eq). besides, even if that wasn't the case, everyone who belongs in expert grabs a drink from campship before dropping down. it takes < 5 seconds.

Just leaving this here:

an important thing I learned in my experience with phaleg is that reading her attacks should be your top priority. Dont try to sneak in attacks between her combos and try to perform guards (or dodges in this case) against most of her attacks and counter hit her when able. you'll mostly be throwing attacks out at her between her attacks and just any time shes doing something that you're absolutely certain wont hit you (like the aerial smash if you're already far away from her)

pretty much just be patient and try to practice the timing for evading her attacks, I hope that helps.

So, this is just a genral piece of advice for any solo content, but it's very important to focus on when learning stuff like the solo XQ. Don't try to get an S-rank, don't try to get a perfect run, just focus on completing it. Even if it takes you forever, it's important to actually get to the point where know you can do it. It gives you perspective on which parts you're really strugling on, and as long as you're surviving to the end you're able to observe things. After that it's a matter of optomizing things one at a time, don't try to get better at everything all at once, just focus on one part, like managing your pp better, learning a good dps rotation for burst phases, or even just optimizing your gear slightly.

What does her skill tree look like, and why does she have those long gaps between casting ilgrants? I can understand being cautious, but you're actually SAFER if you spam cast as Ph. Also she seems to just be charging slow, does she not have quick charge? Also, why is she stopping to do normals when she still has so much pp?

Also, unless she's literally severely physically or mentally disabled, then there's nothing stopping her from improving. Consigning oneself to never improving honestly has a larger impact on your improvement than any sort of disability anyway. Like, even outside of video games that kind of mindset is pretty toxic for any kind of self-improvement.

Your friend's offensive uptime is bad. Too much dancing around trying to dodge or reposition while not attacking and while Phaleg isn't preparing her own attack either. It's important to know when you can (and should) attack and when you have to focus on evasion.

Using ilgrants with a rifle is a bad idea. It's better to use rifle on Phaleg's first, weaker form, and then rod after the phase transition - assuming the friend is more confident with the rod than with the rifle which seems to be the case here. Also as others pointed out the tech has surprisingly slow charge time.

An alternate route is to ignore normal offense entirely and just counter Phaleg whenever she attacks, but that requires a lot of practice because there's more opportunities to screw up and get punished for a misplay.