Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    Just leaving this here:
    First video almost succeeded until someone had the grand idea of looking away from the big shit wrecking attack. Being able to face a few pixels on screen isn't something worth called a skill or even talent.

lol, yeah I don't know what she is doing there or why she lost her lock on there (I haven't bothered with the Phaleg fight myself, seems unfun and I don't play games to not have fun).

I don't think practice is going to do her any good since she claims she has been fighting Phaleg forever and doesn't improve. I don't think she understands the underlying mechanics of the game at all to be honest, and hence why she struggles with just basic stuff (she is terrible at dodging with over 4000 hours of playing and has never gotten even basic dodging down, or so she tells me lol). This game I don't think is for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    Edit: forgot to add, did your friend take Tech Short Charge?
    it's pretty easy to tell that she didn't.. those charges are way to slow, phantom absolutely needs it capped at this point, as it's rod's strong point, she probably wasn't confident in it, overall, there are quite a few things she doesn't know as phantom that she needs to work on. such as when to use Voelkermord

I don't think practice is going to do her any good since she claims she has been fighting Phaleg forever and doesn't improve. I don't think she understands the underlying mechanics of the game at all to be honest, and hence why she struggles with just basic stuff (she is terrible at dodging with over 4000 hours of playing and has never gotten even basic dodging down, or so she tells me lol). This game I don't think is for her.
    I mean, she doesn't need to complete the expert requirements. If she's just not interested in that kind of stuff I'm not sure why she would want to complete the expert requirements anyway. It's not like non-expert groups can't complete any of the current content, and if she's not the kind of person who's bent on doing things as fast and efficiently as possible then I don't think she'll mind taking longer.

Also, she uses a controller because she says she can't play the game with a keyboard because it feels too weird to her and it handicaps her I guess
    she LITERALLY got killed in the first video because of changing weapons on the controller being too slow/clunky. she really should at least TRY to get used to running on a keyboard/mouse. it will make healing a lot more realistic. (i can't see the stuff on her weapon very clearly because it's a 360p video and the icons are very pixelated, and trying to pause on the split second the secondary weapon skills are displayed makes it worse) but it LOOKS like megiverse isn't even on the layout.

being able to throw in some megiverse as needed can go a long way, as it doesn't have to be charged to be useful and is going to help a lot more than resta. dropping that on the 1 or 2 slot so you can quickly cast it without having to move your hand off asdw will go a long way.

also, her tree could possibly be an issue. i see in the video she has mark heal (probably maxed out). this is typically regarded as a bad skill, so i'm wondering what the tree looks like. when i helped my sister clear the solo trigger, a skill tree reset was literally the difference between being too slow to clear versus beating the trigger with time to spare.

phaleg can't kill if you if she's already dead, and perhaps there are some important dps skills missing from the current tree. tree can be just as important as gear and affixing.

also, dropping that photon flare ring would probably be for the best. photon flare is pretty bad (especially if you're not a fo that can make use of the l85 ability). she'd be far better served with a tech crit ring. she might need to reaffix things a little bit better to get more pp, but with ph you should be able to be critting everything you touch. (which in turn gives you an unconditional 3% damage multiplier). this also allows you to upgrade your s3 from offensive intent (2%) to s3 skilled strike (4%). s2 skilled strike is also going to be better than her current s2 immediate profusion, because with 100% crit, it's effectively an unconditional boost (where as S3:IP requires you to be using different techs/PA's, which means if she does il grants spam, it's giving her nothing). even better, if she can get her hands on an s2 skilled strike 2, that's 4% (so not only is is effectively unconditional, but also a bigger multiplier than what she has). s1 skilled strike is also going to be better than her current s1, because it's always 3% (it doesn't require multiple moves to build up to that marker).

her units also could use some work. 2 of the units are only 4s (and the low res video is too blurry to tell if the last one is 3s or 5s). you can do 6s affixing VERY easily, even without a boost week. make those units:

* ares the soul
    * tech 4
    * persona rev
    * arks fever
    * sentence tech
    * elegant tech

and she'll notice a huge difference (and likely a huge bump in pp, which will bring her to the photon stream cap and start getting some real gains on the critical stream.

if she has a boost week in effect, she can upslot to 6s with 100% success rate (which means she can get a 4s arks fever MUCH cheaper than a 6s one, put it on the units now and start upslotting). (if she times it with one of the 1rst of the month/maintenance day conditional boosts, she should be at least able to get arks fever at 100%, which means it won't be at risk as she's upslotting)

while affixing might not be her problem, better affixing will certainly mask playstyle problems and build a nice bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    she LITERALLY got killed in the first video because of changing weapons on the controller being too slow/clunky. she really should at least TRY to get used to running on a keyboard/mouse. .
    That's called user error, not a controller issue, it works perfectly fine, provided you are a competent player. in fact i find it much easier then kb and mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I mean, she doesn't need to complete the expert requirements. If she's just not interested in that kind of stuff I'm not sure why she would want to complete the expert requirements anyway. It's not like non-expert groups can't complete any of the current content, and if she's not the kind of person who's bent on doing things as fast and efficiently as possible then I don't think she'll mind taking longer.
    Oh she absolutely cares. Wow, the crying and self pity I hear from her and anger that she can't beat Phaleg. Yes, she wants to clear content as fast as possible but she gets angry because she says all the effort she puts into trying to beat Phaleg, trying to learn just doesn't pay off. She then complains that Phaleg is harder than any Dark Souls boss (lel) since she only takes two or three tries on a Dark Souls boss but then has been stuck on Phaleg for months. When she is like that she never listens, hence why I don't think she will ever get better. Her frustration has turned to rage recently and she has been hard to deal with right now. Yes, she definitely wants faster runs lol.

As someone who plays on a controler because I hate playing games like this on KBM, something like joy to key to take advantage of a lot of the keyboard only functionality might help, but again, it sounds like she isn't even the type to really care about that kind of stuff, so I'm not sure why she's even trying to complete the requirements.

Oh she absolutely cares. Wow, the crying and self pity I hear from her and anger that she can't beat Phaleg. Yes, she wants to clear content as fast as possible but she gets angry because she says all the effort she puts into trying to beat Phaleg, trying to learn just doesn't pay off. She then complains that Phaleg is harder than any Dark Souls boss (lel) since she only takes two or three tries on a Dark Souls boss but then has been stuck on Phaleg for months. When she is like that she never listens, hence why I don't think she will ever get better. Her frustration has turned to rage recently and she has been hard to deal with right now. Yes, she definitely wants faster runs lol.
    Oh, if she does, then yeah, she's going to need to actually put a bit more effort in and maybe start from scratch because it seems like she hasn't even done much, if any, research into how to actually build Ph, let alone play it. Is she actually putting effort in and trying to figure out what she's doing wrong or is she just getting mad and banging her head against it expecting things to go better?
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 2, 2019 at 07:55 PM.

Then tell her to level summoner, it will cost a pretty penny (meseta) but you will have significantly less phalag issues with a decent summoner, in addition to that, Su can completely ignore the penalties from failing the stage orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    That's called user error, not a controller issue, it works perfectly fine, provided you are a competent player. in fact i find it much easier then kb and mouse.
    the fact of the matter is that keyboard gives you MUCH quicker access to a lot of things. i don't have to screw around with toggling my active subpallet item before casting something from it. i can also quickly swap to any of my 6 weapon layouts with a single key press rather than scrolling through them (and in addition, i can have it automatically change my active rings and subpallet when i change weapons on a keyboard by mapping my numpad to autowords for /mpal#. /spal# /sr RingName)

that's not user error, it's a less efficient design. you can argue that she shouldn't be switching weapons at all during the fight, and i wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, but you can't argue that switching weapons on a controller is anywhere near as efficient as kb/m.

if someone is struggling to clear expert requirements, they should try kb/m if they aren't already using it.