Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Crazy actually...All I can say is good bye life in 2020 .

I'll admit, I was with my girlfriend when I saw this reveal, and I was almost downright livid. While I haven't played the game in some years now, I remember how much trouble I went through for that game. While I've moved on to grander pastures, this makes me wonder on how badly it's going to be butchered.

A lot of those collaborations with other games? Probably removed entirely.
    Edits to provocative clothing? You bet your sweet ass the ESRB will be all over that.
    Decent translation? I'm still miffed about the shoddy translation for Phantasy Star Portable 2.
    Voice Acting? I'm really doubting it, considering SEGA.

With all this revelation, it really makes me wonder if I want to come back, or not.
    I'm still around.

My hype for this didn't even last a day, hopefully europe will get a release one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisshoku View Post
    Edits to provocative clothing? You bet your sweet ass the ESRB will be all over that..
    and say goodbye to boob and butt slide lol

I'll admit, I was with my girlfriend when I saw this reveal, and I was almost downright livid. While I haven't played the game in some years now, I remember how much trouble I went through for that game. While I've moved on to grander pastures, this makes me wonder on how badly it's going to be butchered.

Edits to provocative clothing? You bet your sweet ass the ESRB will be all over that.
    Decent translation? I'm still miffed about the shoddy translation for Phantasy Star Portable 2.

With all this revelation, it really makes me wonder if I want to come back, or not.
    I haven't played much of PSU, but I know the games were rated "T". Was there a lot of skimpy outfits in any of the PSU games?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

So many questions still left... we'll definitely get information in the upcoming months, but we should prepare for some undesired outcomes.
    Even if they add more ships and assign each ship an "official" language (for example Japanese for ships 1-10, English for ships 11-20), there will still most likely exist blocked content in the same manner as it is blocked for Switch users.

At the absolute worse, PSO2 West and PSO2 East will be 2 different games with no way to connect from the same client. This would mean that all of us who have spent thousands of hours will remain in JP servers. Even if free account transfer from East to West was included, the amount of unavailable content (mainly cosmetics) due to licensing issues would be enough to render it a significant downgrade.

Also there are some features that are a huge boon for PSO2 JP, like PSO2es.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Jun 10, 2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: English is hard

Since it's gonna be a new server, obviously every collab will have to happen again, and most of them will not happen unless they see the premium content is profitable, long before they go with licensed stuff they have tons of sega games collabs and original clothes to fill update after update.

The sega from that time is not the sega from today, in fact Atlus USA is the sega from today, that's what they do nowadays regarding translations:

Spoiler!

Euh, don't know if anyone noticed, but the actual YouTube video that's embedded on the website (pso2.com) is actually an unlisted video on PhantasystarCh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtAsuCzmUVo
    Last edited by the_importer_; Jun 10, 2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    While this is all fine and dandy for all those people who "haven't been able" to play this game because of a non-exisiting language barrier (a.k.a English Patch)
    and latency issues (which aren't all that bad), I wonder how this is going to work.

Even if the game will extend from it's original lifespan of 10 years because of this, the game is probably still half-dead already. Bringing this up for release 8 years
    after the original release is just extra weird.

I can't see the western version being on shared servers with the japanese version and thus at least to me it's not an option to go over to the western version
    to start over from scratch. Not feeling like letting ~7500 hours of gameplay going to waste, really. So unless there is going to be some kind of shared blocks or whatever
    this is a no-go and I'm sure a bunch of other western players will feel that way too.

Also the "powered by Azure" kinda worries me too - if it's really going to be cloud-based with Microsofts Azure technology and not an independant game with dedicated
    game servers, this may cause latency or "you are not able to connect"-issues just like the Switch version in Japan.

Unless things come differently as I'm expecting them, I guess I'll just stick to be a gaijin on japan servers, rather than starting over on a game version that
    may die anyway because of lack of interest in the west.
    I have never had the want or need for a PC for a very long time and I will never buy a platform just to play 1 game.

Last PC I had for gaming was 20 years ago, lost interest in ever getting another.

I still can’t believe it, one day after. I’ve mainly held out, all this time. I played a bit on the Japanese servers, but I didn’t commit to spending money on it. I’ll definitely come in on the Western servers as it’ll be easy to catch back up, save for all of that time spent doing the story missions for these seasons.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jun 10, 2019 at 11:48 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.