Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast

*dust off old account*
    Whoo whee this is exciting, 20 years later and we can finally get the team back together!! Playing with the tweaker got so lonely without my boys being able to figure it out. =[

My only hope is that they do some english voice acting so I don't have to explain everything to the button mashers in the group. Doubt it'll happen, but it'd be neat.

They could still let the west branch do the localization and handle everything else themselves, PSU was an accumulation of problems, not caring about the "western" server (360 was international), + xbox charging too much to developers for every client update and extra dlc. Still, I'm glad I had all the story content from that game. And for sega america / atlus usa not localizing it, it's a loss, but I guess they are full with all yakuza/sakura/SMT that's coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    [...] leave all the technical stuff to Sega of Japan (content updates, etc) and just hire someone (im sure they already have people) to do just the translations and thats it and what sounds like what they're already doing is setting up a overseas team to help run the Western community forums and whatnot.

Obviously guess is they're not trying to fall into the PSU trap again with a massive content gap
    I think it's a little more complicated than that.

• They need competent people to be GMs, because with all the cuts they will make to the content, many mistakes will creep in: COs that cannot be completed, EQs that drop objects without stats, etc.
    • With the GMs, IT people are also needed to manage the players' database and the technical aspects of the servers: how to turn them on and off, update them with the data from Japan, integrate them with English translations, etc.
    • Speaking of translations, it remains to see if they decide to translate the voices into English. It is not a crazy idea, because if they decide to collaborate with other games they will surely want to have exclusive voice tickets for NA.
    • Speaking of collaborations, surely they will want to do some with NA games (from XBox in the beginning, for sure). Someone has to coordinate that.
    • And finally, if they want to make money with this game, they must have a sales team that helps determine what is going to be sold and how (credit card? Bitcoin? Bananas? idk).

This is just what I, as a casual player, can see. Clearly there are other details that those who administer the server in NA will need to manage.

Speaking of something related to this, I wonder how SEGA will handle the system of weapons extensions, because in its current state it is basically useless. Whatever their solution is, they need to implement it before the end of this year so it can be on the NA servers.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    I think it's a little more complicated than that.

• They need competent people to be GMs, because with all the cuts they will make to the content, many mistakes will creep in: COs that cannot be completed, EQs that drop objects without stats, etc.
    • With the GMs, IT people are also needed to manage the players' database and the technical aspects of the servers: how to turn them on and off, update them with the data from Japan, integrate them with English translations, etc.
    • Speaking of translations, it remains to see if they decide to translate the voices into English. It is not a crazy idea, because if they decide to collaborate with other games they will surely want to have exclusive voice tickets for NA.
    • Speaking of collaborations, surely they will want to do some with NA games (from XBox in the beginning, for sure). Someone has to coordinate that.
    • And finally, if they want to make money with this game, they must have a sales team that helps determine what is going to be sold and how (credit card? Bitcoin? Bananas? idk).

This is just what I, as a casual player, can see. Clearly there are other details that those who administer the server in NA will need to manage.

Speaking of something related to this, I wonder how SEGA will handle the system of weapons extensions, because in its current state it is basically useless. Whatever their solution is, they need to implement it before the end of this year so it can be on the NA servers.
    im sure you know my point but from what it sounds like, everything server wise to content in game is all on Sega of Japans side, translations included, the only people outside that are involved in community aspects, sales etc. I dont think they should bother with the PSU method again and have to pass data back and forth for the NA servers to be updated because if you think about it now with the current maintenance day and time, it honestly works out just fine including scheduled EQ's during Western peak hours (PST-EDT) but im not betting anything that they wont change any of that up.

they already talked about reviving the crafting system (not the PA/Tech portions) like a stream or two ago, what theyre gonna do nobody knows
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

if Sega JP is handling it then I feel like that makes a global server seem a bit more plausible right?

doesn't seem like much of a point in having the same team work on two separate instances of the game when they could just merge it all into one, it's probably more complicated than that but regardless im crossing my fingers and hoping for it.

<licks my lips> ....thinking of future Gears of War and Halo collabs!!!

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

What can I say? It's good to be back. It certainly has been a while, lol. I'm happy the dream has come true at long last.

I look forward to returning to the series that I love next year.

P.S. - I was surprised that Phil Spencer is on record for saying that PSO2 isn't exclusive to Xbox. Does he mean Windows and Xbox, or does that include PS4 and Switch possibly? Curious, but ultimately inconsequential, I'm just glad PSO2 is coming...regardless of the platform I'll be playing it on.
    Last edited by Magician; Jun 19, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    For one, yes, the game is 8 years late with it's release when most people, who really wanted to play it, already went on the japanese servers and just played.

You seem to be quite the fortune teller, if you know, that Sega WILL do this. I'm one of the players, who does not see the point to switch over and let me tell you, I'm definitely not terrified by them blocking my access or banning my account. I personally doubt they will put on an IP block. If they will, then fine, VPN time. And I doubt a lot, that they will send out people to clean the servers from westerners. For one that would be a lot of effort for such a minor "problem", if you can even call it that. Let's look back on JP PSU. So many players started over there after NA/EU PSU servers died and there was never any blocking and I can't say a whole lot of people have been banned either. They also didn't "force" you to leave and switch over to the XBOX version of the game because it was international. So, while there is a chance that something like this could happen, I can't actually see it happen.

If they end up removing items or parts of content because of licencing and law issues it's all the more reason to see the west version as an inferior version.
    I personally want all the content that I can possibly get and not 50%, 75% or even 95%. Brings me back (again) to PSU when the game was still relevant: When the EU/NA PSU PC/PS2 servers closed you ended up with 3 options: 1. stop playing at all, 2. switching to XBOX360 version which was international but inferior with content (e. g. some weapons and stuff that were newly added to game, didn't even have new looks, just recycled models and lots of other things) or 3. play the JP version which was the most advanced version, with all available content. So I decided to go for the japanese version, had to learn some japanese to get by the game and was happy for the rest of the days, in fact even more happy than on the EU/NA PC/PS2 servers.
    It's just a matter of personal preferance really: Is it okay for you if things are missing? Then sure, go ahead. You want all available stuff? Probably not the wisest choice to go on a western server because of said licencing and law issues.

What will be true in the end will ultimately be decided by Sega in the end. I said it a countless times already in this thread, I'm not against this or anything. Ultimately I'm just saying
    all the people who are so hype about it may want to hold their horses a bit, because it may or may not be as successful as the japanese version. Oh and, if you want to be technical about it, it grinds my gears how everyone throws out reasons now why the japanese version wasn't playable anyway, and that's just not true.
    Its called experience, and I know how bussiness works especially when it concerns video games. Time will tell, but I know full well this is the number one fear you and many others have. Its why you are arguing it till your blue in the face, spite your denial.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    also learning hirigana and katakana legit takes like 1-2 days of practicer
    I know absolutely 0 Japanese (and i still dont know anything) and i got the captcha down in less than 10 minutes and i helped a friend get into the game and he took about 10-15 iirc to get it lol. I cant believe people got absolutely destroyed by that. Its just following symbols then copy pasting. The community handling the translations and stuff also did a good job on that front so you realistically didnt even need to pull a translation/guide. The game also ran on toasters back then let alone toasters from today. Imo the only barrier stopping you from playing (aside from the ddos days/ip blocks) is yourself, right now you can take a few hrs to set up an account, download the game and get to having fun instead of waiting a year till it drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post
    Its called experience, and I know how bussiness works especially when it concerns video games. Time will tell, but I know full well this is the number one fear you and many others have. Its why you are arguing it till your blue in the face, spite your denial.
    I have a few years of experience in online gaming as well, mostly with PS games, and with that I don't see your prediction coming true.

On a side note: I'm not from North America, but from Europe, so if this glorious western release will indeed be NA only, then technically I'm just as wrong there,
    as I'm on the japanese servers. So I can assure you I'm not living in terrible fear of being blocked from Japan for an NA release.

But I guess there's no point in arguing with you then, since you think you know how I feel and you'll not believe me whatever I say
    Last edited by Karen Erra; Jun 19, 2019 at 06:42 PM.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more