Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

They said all the content, but I don't know if the implication is supposed to be day one. It's possible that they could release it at a somewhat accelerated rate.

Also, I'm looking forward to the announcement of PSO3 for Japan at TGS. I'd laugh so hard. Doubly so if it was PSU2.

Congrats to the "waiters", I guess.

I hope I'm proven wrong here, and want this to succeed, but I don't see this lasting for too long. Anyone that was truly serious about playing (CAPTCHAs be damned) already has, or still does.

If they're going to jam in 7+ years worth of content, I sincerely hope they use a different form of progression.

I'll probably mess with it for like a week or so and be like "Oh man this part sucked back in the day!", and that will be that.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    Congrats to the "waiters", I guess.

I hope I'm proven wrong here, and want this to succeed, but I don't see this lasting for too long. Anyone that was truly serious about playing (CAPTCHAs be damned) already has, or still does.

If they're going to jam in 7+ years worth of content, I sincerely hope they use a different form of progression.

I'll probably mess with it for like a week or so and be like "Oh man this part sucked back in the day!", and that will be that.
    Thier best bet is to market this game towards people who dont know what PSO is IMO. Seven years is a long time and alot of younger gamers can look at this game as a new one that they never heard of before. There will be those who will go back because of PSO1 and PSU but the new players to the franchise is where the real untapped potential is.

SoA need to market this game hard because after PSU turned out to not be very profitable for them in the West, this one may be our last shot at a localized Phantasy Star game, and one that took almost a decade to get to us.
    US/EU PS2/PC:
    Mortalis - Lvl 150 Masterforce.
    Dies Irae - Lvl 136 Gunmaster.

JP:
    Exitium - Lvl 122 Gunmaster.

Well found my reason to get up. I'm now unretired. Was waiting for a good reason to come out of hiding. Will post all the names on the Guild cards I have from DC & GCN when I get the time. "Welcome to PSO!" lol, I am sooo giddy.

Sakuraka
    HUnuwearl
    Whitill
    PSO DC
    Player since Wed. Jan. 31 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    With every year that passed, I was hoping I'd be wrong.

There are plenty of good things to worry about, but the biggest one is: Will they be global or not? If not, this is deliberate self sabotage on SoJ's part so they can point to the failure as an excuse for never localizing the series again. Starting THIS LATE in the game, even if they keep up with consistent updates, is just a bad move if the servers are segregated.
    The game is already built to support up to 10 languages simultaneously, so very little work needs to be done on the programming side to make it global. That says nothing of legalities and such, especially with talk of laws about regulating loot boxes and other random chance things such as our loathed AC scratch.

In case of segregated servers combined with region blocking, if you have no plans to use a proxy to continue on JP, I'd recommend screenshotting all your character's proportion sliders and such in addition to saving salon data. We don't know which point we'd be starting from, so JP salon data may actually be incompatible. Late ep4 salon data wasn't compatible with the ep4 benchmark, after all.
    like I said a few pages ago, Sakai wanted PSO2 to be global which im sure he's probably pushing for this time but who really knows how its actually going to play it until we get info about this again or if for some reason out of the blue they mention something in the next stream in July
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

... I'll be honest I checked the date to confirm if it was a late Aprils joke but this seems real.

For some reason.

The Words "All the Content" do intrigue me but this is a risky move no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    ... I'll be honest I checked the date to confirm if it was a late Aprils joke but this seems real.

For some reason.

The Words "All the Content" do intrigue me but this is a risky move no matter what.
    its better if they push everything out up to date content but apply a roadmap for Western players because its a helluva better choice than trying to go through each Ep over time to get people to experience the content like it was on release only to inevitably never catch up.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    Also remember, no more extra lewd stuff in the west. Most of them might get removed or censored lmao
    It's for XBONE and Windows 10, not the Soyne Politicalstation 4.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

what is this scam, this garbage isnt even coming to ps4/vita in west? i knew segac was bad but this is so bad its not even funny
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    what is this scam, this garbage isnt even coming to ps4/vita in west? i knew segac was bad but this is so bad its not even funny
    Vita dead bro, why even bring this up?
    PSO2 NGS