Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

If I have to be realistic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    - Can we transfer our characters?
    Most likely not. PSO2 JP has been advertised exclusively as a JP game. It's in their ToS that it is illegal for us gaijins to log in to those servers. The reason they have turned a blind eye is not because they felt "sorry" for us, it's because they saw that they have higher revenue that way. Sort of a win-win situation.

There is also the issue with PS4/PSVita and Switch accounts. They would have to be extremely careful and think of all possible outcomes that such a move could cause. The easiest and most foolproof way would be to have entirely new accounts on PSO2 West.
    - Do we get to keep our Phasion wardrobe we've collected over the years? (they could easily only let you move with certain outfits being locked due to collab rights interference limiting what you have on US vs JP)
    Assuming that we would be allowed to transfer accounts, the most likely option would be that a massive amount of cosmetic items would be locked from being available to be used, despite having been purchased, exactly similar to how some items are unavailable for Switch at the moment.
    - Are the servers going to be Global or Separate? (any combination you can think of)
    Separate. PSO2JP servers are physically in Japan, PSO2 West servers will be physically in the US. If for some reason JP and West use the same client, there will be ships with numbers 11-20, or A-J, or West1-West10 (or whatever scheme they decide) which will host the West players, and accounts will be soft-locked from connecting to ships belonging to another region.
    - Are they going to IP lock everyone not living in Japan from playing before or on release of the US version?
    Most likely not. They didn't have a reason to before this, they won't have one now either.
    - Is there going to be a Switch version? (could be since Japan does have a Cloud version and Microsoft could easily do it too)
    There was nothing mentioned on Nintendo's E3 segment, so either there will not be, or it will be released in the future, not concurrently with Win10/X1 versions.
    - Is the PS4 version going to hit for US too? (its technically Xbox Exclusive, whether it could be timed or not, no one knows)
    Again nothing on Sony's E3 segment either, so similar to the above.
    - Are Consoles locked to one region only or can you switch?
    I have no insight on this.
    - Are you locked to Win10 only if playing on PC?
    This will depend on if the connection to Microsoft's cloud infrastructure requires your OS to be that.

- How are they going to handle content thats been released over the years for the new Western audience? (aka old EQ's that no longer exist or particularly any reason to run them due to outdated content etc)
    My understanding is that the game will have the same content as the JP servers, maybe a patch behind schedule to catch up with translating. So basically, it would be as if you just found the game and decided to give it a go. They most likely will not follow a path similar to OSRS (Old School Runescape) or WoW Classic, as it would require tremendously more effort to maintain.

Again, that's all speculation based on what would be logic and safest option.

just so you know im not asking this as a series of serious questions for myself, i was just pointing out (and giving a little insight) the same questions being asked literally everywhere right now with no one having the actual answers currently since its all just pure speculation until we actually get some more info by Sega or Microsoft
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

I know. I was trying to be helpful for everyone here who has questions and would like to know the most possible and likely direction of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I know. I was trying to be helpful for everyone here who has questions and would like to know the most possible and likely direction of the game
    kk figured
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

So this is finally coming to the west, cool.
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

-Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    You probably should wait until things are settled since this is coming in 2020 before you decide any moves or going to this server. Also until sega says we can no longer be on here, who saying you have to leave pso2-jp?

To me personally having an Offical English server isn't that big of a draw for me to go there without my hand being forced.
    See that's the thing, I highly doubt they will force us to go to that one or block us from entering the Jp servers.
    I'll be waiting until they give us more information, because right now there are many things that still need to be clarified.

Its gonna be fun that 1st day....hundreds of Lvl-1's running around, lol!
    I'm mostly looking forward to 3 things...
    1) understanding Client orders, story, certain mission requirements etc....duh!
    2) finally buying premium for trading, setting up store, buying AC scratch, mags and extra character slots.
    3) mostly, playing with my friends who refused to play in japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Its gonna be fun that 1st day....hundreds of Lvl-1's running around, lol!
    I'm mostly looking forward to 3 things...
    1) understanding Client orders, story, certain mission requirements etc....duh!
    2) finally buying premium for trading, setting up store, buying AC scratch, mags and extra character slots.
    3) mostly, playing with my friends who refused to play in japanese.
    ...And you couldn't understand client orders and stuff with the english patch and you couldn't buy premium and everything on the japanese servers? I'm confused ?_?
    Or did you just refuse to do all that (a.k.a using english patch and support JP Sega with your premium purchase etc.)

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/BO 90 Myuria PH 90 (FO/TE 90) Lady Harken BR/HU 90
    Raya HR 90 Myka GU/RA 90 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 90 Yakut PH 90
    ... and several more

Sometimes I question the intelligence of some people who had a "hard" time playing the JP server when almost all CO orders are translated via patch, unless they're playing on PS4/Vita.
    test

The untranslated things that I think a lot of people are talking about are the flavor text of the COs and random NPC dialogue, which aren't always translated. For some people, not being able to read or understand these little pieces of non-mechanic based information can be immersion breaking and turn them off to a game.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM.