Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3946474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Not sure why it bothers you guys so much that some would rather play a localized version. PSO2es looks uninteresting, I'll pass sorry. I'm certainly not going to spend money now when I know it's coming here in less than a year!
    The reasoning is somewhat simple yet, does take experience knowing the psyche of the common casual and elitist online playing gamer.

The reason why they are so bothered is due to 1. The game finally coning west after what they all deem is "too late", knowing full well they had a english release ready to go all those years ago, but SEGA decided to make a deal with a certain asian publisher to not release PSO2 anywhere else, the west basically, for at least 5 years. Sega who has a glorious record of bad decision making, agreed to it. Likely their justification for it was thinking their would be no profit in the west afterall due to all the hacking and cheating that happens in the west, which devalues the franchise and turns players away thus no money, when in reality, it was their own incompetence for not taking proper security measures. Thus why alot of the players here will appear jaded to you.

A second reason to why it bothers them is, Sega again likes to make bad choices. But they are not stupid. They all know full well, no matter how much any of them will actually try to justify it, that Sega can, and probably will, send a squad of GMs to Ship 2, to find and eradicate, all non jp IP players, and any masking their IP will eventually be found and banned too. It is within their right, anyone not of Japan is breaking ToS just being there, and SEGA only allowed it thus far because half of us was spending money on it. Doesnt matter if you put in 3000 hours and spent 3000 bucks, if they decide they wanna force every non JP to the western release, whether they will play it or not, it is gonna happen, and that thought, is in the back of their minds and it terrifies most of them. SEGA may also put a Cease and Desist on the translation group to help get all of us off easier.

God I hate typing on a phone. A third reason is the impending loot box laws that may pass. If it does, then the AC scratch offs and anything similar to it, will likely not come west side. Its a f2p game afterall, the law is mostky made to protect minors, young children who are attracted to free to play games, thus they are under the belief the game will either become p2w, or alot of non cosmetic, non QoL items will be removed, thus no way to get that gambling rush many are fond for. This also effects my second reasoning and why Sega would be more justified to ban all non JP players, because if that law passes, any minor playing on the JP servers are subjected under the new law, and playing the game would be illegal, many legal issues could come as a result if said minors were found out and reported about it by say, Sega themselves or as simple as them talking about how Jimmy used moms credit card to gamble on the gacha and won sone high prized items on it, with his friends during gym class. Then tattle tell Bimmy reports it to the P.E teacher, thus the parents get called in, then they try to yell at Sega about it.

So theirs your answer. Yes, alit of these players will try to rebuke, or laugh it off, or say its not true. But I been playing mmos and onliners for 20 years, I seen and done it all, I seen all sorts of mind sets and pretty much know how every type of online gaming person thinks. They can deny it and rebuke all they want, but in the back of their minds they know its true, they just do not want to accept it.

Wait for the game, support it, I personally will spend on launch day up to 200 bucks for a few cosmetics but mostly, I want storage and inventory space, since I like to horde stuff to sort out all at once later. May even take a 2 week vacation to play pso2 and my other games while doing my daily training. Dont let the doomsayers deter ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I see what you're saying but the person used the phrase "abusive relationship" likely to imply that people have a sort of Stockholm Syndrome connection to the JP version. It means they feign wanting to remain on the JP server but actually would like to get going on the US server, which would meet your specified requisites of being a sunk cost fallacy example, it just requires more of a keen eye to identify.

People often say the opposite of how they feel, due in part because of a sunken cost. It's weird but that's just what people do.
    Maybe I'm an outlier then.

I wouldnt like it if they intentionally removed all means for foreigners to use the JP server(can they even accomplish this though?), but considering MMOs eventually close anyway, I would probably prefer this over a natural death. Sure, my progress will be gone a little earlier, but in exchange I get to see a very big trainwreck

I can't wait for the influx of newer cosplayers. I need more Gene cosplayers.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I wouldnt like it if they intentionally removed all means for foreigners to use the JP server(can they even accomplish this though?), but considering MMOs eventually close anyway, I would probably prefer this over a natural death. Sure, my progress will be gone a little earlier, but in exchange I get to see a very big trainwreck
    That's just mean spirited.

It sounds mean, but when the ddos happened a few years ago it sure felt better than when NA psu pc/ps2 servers shutdown.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    It means they feign wanting to remain on the JP server but actually would like to get going on the US server, which would meet your specified requisites of being a sunk cost fallacy example, it just requires more of a keen eye to identify.
    Personally, if there was some guarantee that my current JP account would transfer entirely and 100% to the West, without losing any items or progress, and without having locked content due to licensing and whatever, I would do it within the 1st week if not the 1st day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Personally, if there was some guarantee that my current JP account would transfer entirely and 100% to the West, without losing any items or progress, and without having locked content due to licensing and whatever, I would do it within the 1st week if not the 1st day.
    Omg..... ...that would be awesome but it ain't happening......especially the collabs'

I think it'll be kinda cool to see everyone start at lvl-1 and progress together, ....like it was really a new game

Either way really has me excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    but bro, we need big brother government to tell us how & what we can spend our money on because grown adults cant learn any length of self control when it comes to managing their own income and just splurge money everywhere. So lets let the government with their filthy hands get a hold and regulate video games because hey, its a-okay to lose some of freedom right? if it means adults can learn to adult yes?
    Personal opinion: for me it's not a matter of banning gambling in games or not, it's a matter of game companies paying proper taxes if they are doing gambling in games, that way, at least, they will have to weight the costs / benefits + more restrictive age ratting. So basically, instead of letting them exploit the current situation, legalise it as gambling, with all the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post
    The reasoning is somewhat simple yet, does take experience knowing the psyche of the common casual and elitist online playing gamer.

The reason why they are so bothered is due to 1. The game finally coning west after what they all deem is "too late", knowing full well they had a english release ready to go all those years ago, but SEGA decided to make a deal with a certain asian publisher to not release PSO2 anywhere else, the west basically, for at least 5 years. Sega who has a glorious record of bad decision making, agreed to it. Likely their justification for it was thinking their would be no profit in the west afterall due to all the hacking and cheating that happens in the west, which devalues the franchise and turns players away thus no money, when in reality, it was their own incompetence for not taking proper security measures. Thus why alot of the players here will appear jaded to you.
    For one, yes, the game is 8 years late with it's release when most people, who really wanted to play it, already went on the japanese servers and just played.

A second reason to why it bothers them is, Sega again likes to make bad choices. But they are not stupid. They all know full well, no matter how much any of them will actually try to justify it, that Sega can, and probably will, send a squad of GMs to Ship 2, to find and eradicate, all non jp IP players, and any masking their IP will eventually be found and banned too. It is within their right, anyone not of Japan is breaking ToS just being there, and SEGA only allowed it thus far because half of us was spending money on it. Doesnt matter if you put in 3000 hours and spent 3000 bucks, if they decide they wanna force every non JP to the western release, whether they will play it or not, it is gonna happen, and that thought, is in the back of their minds and it terrifies most of them. SEGA may also put a Cease and Desist on the translation group to help get all of us off easier.
    You seem to be quite the fortune teller, if you know, that Sega WILL do this. I'm one of the players, who does not see the point to switch over and let me tell you, I'm definitely not terrified by them blocking my access or banning my account. I personally doubt they will put on an IP block. If they will, then fine, VPN time. And I doubt a lot, that they will send out people to clean the servers from westerners. For one that would be a lot of effort for such a minor "problem", if you can even call it that. Let's look back on JP PSU. So many players started over there after NA/EU PSU servers died and there was never any blocking and I can't say a whole lot of people have been banned either. They also didn't "force" you to leave and switch over to the XBOX version of the game because it was international. So, while there is a chance that something like this could happen, I can't actually see it happen.

God I hate typing on a phone. A third reason is the impending loot box laws that may pass. If it does, then the AC scratch offs and anything similar to it, will likely not come west side. Its a f2p game afterall, the law is mostky made to protect minors, young children who are attracted to free to play games, thus they are under the belief the game will either become p2w, or alot of non cosmetic, non QoL items will be removed, thus no way to get that gambling rush many are fond for. This also effects my second reasoning and why Sega would be more justified to ban all non JP players, because if that law passes, any minor playing on the JP servers are subjected under the new law, and playing the game would be illegal, many legal issues could come as a result if said minors were found out and reported about it by say, Sega themselves or as simple as them talking about how Jimmy used moms credit card to gamble on the gacha and won sone high prized items on it, with his friends during gym class. Then tattle tell Bimmy reports it to the P.E teacher, thus the parents get called in, then they try to yell at Sega about it.
    If they end up removing items or parts of content because of licencing and law issues it's all the more reason to see the west version as an inferior version.
    I personally want all the content that I can possibly get and not 50%, 75% or even 95%. Brings me back (again) to PSU when the game was still relevant: When the EU/NA PSU PC/PS2 servers closed you ended up with 3 options: 1. stop playing at all, 2. switching to XBOX360 version which was international but inferior with content (e. g. some weapons and stuff that were newly added to game, didn't even have new looks, just recycled models and lots of other things) or 3. play the JP version which was the most advanced version, with all available content. So I decided to go for the japanese version, had to learn some japanese to get by the game and was happy for the rest of the days, in fact even more happy than on the EU/NA PC/PS2 servers.
    It's just a matter of personal preferance really: Is it okay for you if things are missing? Then sure, go ahead. You want all available stuff? Probably not the wisest choice to go on a western server because of said licencing and law issues.

So theirs your answer. Yes, alit of these players will try to rebuke, or laugh it off, or say its not true. But I been playing mmos and onliners for 20 years, I seen and done it all, I seen all sorts of mind sets and pretty much know how every type of online gaming person thinks. They can deny it and rebuke all they want, but in the back of their minds they know its true, they just do not want to accept it.

Wait for the game, support it, I personally will spend on launch day up to 200 bucks for a few cosmetics but mostly, I want storage and inventory space, since I like to horde stuff to sort out all at once later. May even take a 2 week vacation to play pso2 and my other games while doing my daily training. Dont let the doomsayers deter ya.
    What will be true in the end will ultimately be decided by Sega in the end. I said it a countless times already in this thread, I'm not against this or anything. Ultimately I'm just saying
    all the people who are so hype about it may want to hold their horses a bit, because it may or may not be as successful as the japanese version. Oh and, if you want to be technical about it, it grinds my gears how everyone throws out reasons now why the japanese version wasn't playable anyway, and that's just not true.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more