Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

I wouldn't mind if they limited EQ, at least the very first weeks, of course that would affect players that level up faster, but if they give at least one or two weeks for "episode", so people who cares can advance story to avoid spoilers... When I did the omnibus the falz arms + colosus didn't feel at all like the real deal I remembered from episode 1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Yes I know it's really not that hard, but it's hard enough to be a bother to people I'd like to invite to the game, just like tweaker and jp account, also no problems with consoles, most of them easily handle different accounts (lol Vita...), but looks like a bother on windows since xbox live is integrated with your windows 10 login account, and then there's the matter about paying, it's not always easy to pay to different regions than you own.
    idk if theyre seriously going to force everyone to be on Win to play unless it really is tied to Windows Store and not available on Steam too but can't really say much about it since its too early. You can just use PSO2es to pay for AC

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I dunno if anyone touched up upon this already but assuming PSO2US and PSO2JP are identical in content (not talking about costumes that are w/e anyway) suddenly it makes a whole lot more sense to me why they'd tease a 3rd Successor Class reveal for the end of the year.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say that PSO2US and 3rd successor class launch at the same time in spring 2020.
    I would like to sorta bet on this but sorta annoyed because that means its another late April class release with 4months of hyping the class up all over again (using Phantom reveal/roadmap as a guide for this) and its not like "oh hey the Dev team is busy with the US release to do it any sooner" because we know they're having Sega of America handle it instead in terms of translations, pricing, etc but your bet would be my 2nd guess, I'm shooting for at least mid March.

Quote Originally Posted by YuseiFudou View Post
    I have such mixed feelings as to whether I want to have a brand new fresh start after 7 years, especially considering how much time I've put into my character all this time.
    The thing is that I'm from EU and it looks like it is only the US getting the release right now. Meaning that I will probably have to deal with quite a high ping when playing, but perhaps it might not be that bad.

But at the same time I'm quite a fashion geek in this game and we will probably not have as much costumes, layering wear etc. available from the get go.
    No one says you have to go and migrate there, its your choice in doing so or playing both

What a lot of people keep asking that nobody knows the answers to because neither Sega of Japan or America has commented on it:

- Can we transfer our characters?

- Do we get to keep our Phasion wardrobe we've collected over the years? (they could easily only let you move with certain outfits being locked due to collab rights interference limiting what you have on US vs JP)

- Are the servers going to be Global or Separate? (any combination you can think of)

- Are they going to IP lock everyone not living in Japan from playing before or on release of the US version?

- Is there going to be a Switch version? (could be since Japan does have a Cloud version and Microsoft could easily do it too)

- Is the PS4 version going to hit for US too? (its technically Xbox Exclusive, whether it could be timed or not, no one knows)

- Are Consoles locked to one region only or can you switch?

- Are you locked to Win10 only if playing on PC?

- Are you required to have Xbox Live Gold to play a f2p game? (as far as I know I think Developers of the game decide whether you need Gold or PSN+ to play f2p games but thats not to say Microsoft works out some kind of monthly bundle with PSO2 Premium sets granted it works like PSU where you payed a Guardians license but you could only play Multiplayer on that game and no where else)

- How are they going to handle content thats been released over the years for the new Western audience? (aka old EQ's that no longer exist or particularly any reason to run them due to outdated content etc)

theres a lot of stuff no one has an answer for unless they do an interview during the remainder of E3, its not likely during Sega's next stream in July that they'll say much on the matter on outside maybe that hey, its a thing thats happening, we look forward to new players from the West etc and thats it since they don't have any reason to go into detail just yet.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 11, 2019 at 06:55 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

As long as I don't lose access to my account completely (ie. they ban/delete accounts from non-JPN IPs), I will likely make an account on the NA server just becuase I like starting fresh on things (mostly because I love making new characters) while still mainly playing on the Japanese servers.
    I'm fine with finding a VPN to play if they put up an IP block, but if they do make it impossible to continue on the Japanese servers by making my account inaccessible, I won't move to the new server since that would be a complete slap in the face to those who have put so much time into their characters.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 11, 2019 at 07:16 PM.

I say this servers for America and Europe SHOULD never be separated or this will kill the game more quicker also if look at nexon Mabinogi they released that to Europe and failed big time since servers where not part of America servers. Who ever is doing the pc servers I hope they don’t fuck this up

This has been bothering me but was there ever an instance where any game allow people being able to transfer their characters from one native servers to another. Like...korean to engslish or japanese to english because swear i have never heard of such things happen other than Blizzard doing that on SC2 but for SC2 there isnt much to transfer anyway other than just achievements and stuff like that and SC2 is pretty much the same content everywhere.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Jun 11, 2019 at 08:40 PM.
    test

I had to dig up my old PSO-World info after this announcement. I spent so much time playing PSO as a child (and PSO-World was a huge part of that experience). Happy about the announcement and happy to be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    This has been bothering me but was there ever an instance where any game allow people being able to transfer their characters from one native servers to another. Like...korean to engslish or japanese to english because swear i have never heard of such things happen other than Blizzard doing that on SC2 but for SC2 there isnt much to transfer anyway other than just achievements and stuff like that and SC2 is pretty much the same content everywhere.
    There was a anime-mecha PvP game I used to play called Cosmic Break that recently shut down a few months ago. I haven't played it in years but when the EN server shut down they allowed a full account migration from the EN server into the JP server.

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

regarding the win10 vs steam thing; the website lists windows 10 specifically, so it's hard to dismiss the likelihood of it being tied to the win10 store

but yeah, it's pointless speculating anyway
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

For anyone thinking they're going to allow server transfers, unless it's specifically meant to be an international version I highly doubt it, because ultimately, non-japanese players aren't officially supported, and I doubt they're going to have a transfer service for japanese players to go to the NA servers. This isn't like moving people from defunct regional servers to a different region, this is about adding entirely new servers specifically for people who aren't supposed to be on the JP servers in the first place.

Regardless of whether or not they KNOW, they can't officially support it, so if they have server transfers it would have to ostensibly be for the Japanese players.

If I have to be realistic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    - Can we transfer our characters?
    Most likely not. PSO2 JP has been advertised exclusively as a JP game. It's in their ToS that it is illegal for us gaijins to log in to those servers. The reason they have turned a blind eye is not because they felt "sorry" for us, it's because they saw that they have higher revenue that way. Sort of a win-win situation.

There is also the issue with PS4/PSVita and Switch accounts. They would have to be extremely careful and think of all possible outcomes that such a move could cause. The easiest and most foolproof way would be to have entirely new accounts on PSO2 West.
    - Do we get to keep our Phasion wardrobe we've collected over the years? (they could easily only let you move with certain outfits being locked due to collab rights interference limiting what you have on US vs JP)
    Assuming that we would be allowed to transfer accounts, the most likely option would be that a massive amount of cosmetic items would be locked from being available to be used, despite having been purchased, exactly similar to how some items are unavailable for Switch at the moment.
    - Are the servers going to be Global or Separate? (any combination you can think of)
    Separate. PSO2JP servers are physically in Japan, PSO2 West servers will be physically in the US. If for some reason JP and West use the same client, there will be ships with numbers 11-20, or A-J, or West1-West10 (or whatever scheme they decide) which will host the West players, and accounts will be soft-locked from connecting to ships belonging to another region.
    - Are they going to IP lock everyone not living in Japan from playing before or on release of the US version?
    Most likely not. They didn't have a reason to before this, they won't have one now either.
    - Is there going to be a Switch version? (could be since Japan does have a Cloud version and Microsoft could easily do it too)
    There was nothing mentioned on Nintendo's E3 segment, so either there will not be, or it will be released in the future, not concurrently with Win10/X1 versions.
    - Is the PS4 version going to hit for US too? (its technically Xbox Exclusive, whether it could be timed or not, no one knows)
    Again nothing on Sony's E3 segment either, so similar to the above.
    - Are Consoles locked to one region only or can you switch?
    I have no insight on this.
    - Are you locked to Win10 only if playing on PC?
    This will depend on if the connection to Microsoft's cloud infrastructure requires your OS to be that.

- How are they going to handle content thats been released over the years for the new Western audience? (aka old EQ's that no longer exist or particularly any reason to run them due to outdated content etc)
    My understanding is that the game will have the same content as the JP servers, maybe a patch behind schedule to catch up with translating. So basically, it would be as if you just found the game and decided to give it a go. They most likely will not follow a path similar to OSRS (Old School Runescape) or WoW Classic, as it would require tremendously more effort to maintain.

Again, that's all speculation based on what would be logic and safest option.