Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

well

this is neat

10k+ hours in this game over the course of several years is in the balance. no reason for me to start over considering the amount i've spent on this game. and i dont have the motivation or dedication to balance 2 accounts on 2 servers.

ideally they merge but who knows because Sega is a wild card in so many senses.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post

ideally they merge but who knows because Sega is a wild card in so many senses.
    Considering the way they talked about it, and how stingey Sony can be about crossplay, I find that unlikely.

Kalidoscope Walker Nicktendonick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Considering the way they talked about it, and how stingey Sony can be about crossplay, I find that unlikely.
    Most likely it'll be just like the Sony and Nintendo versions. They can interact with the PC version, but not from other systems. *shrugs* I'm fine with that.

There is one other possibility I can think of. They could try pushing their cloud streaming service as well by backing a western Switch version.

Microsoft has recently been passing the idea around of bringing Xbox Live to the Switch and we already have Minecraft with crossplay. They may already have the means to make this work at some point down the road. If they did manage to get something like that out, it would be a good way to show off their tech.

I literally just jumped back into the JP version a couple weeks ago. Funny how that works out.

I just can't fathom starting back over from scratch. I'll probably fuck around with the NA version just for the novelty of it, but, like, I'm expecting a PSO3 announcement sometime soon, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I literally just jumped back into the JP version a couple weeks ago. Funny how that works out.

I just can't fathom starting back over from scratch. I'll probably fuck around with the NA version just for the novelty of it, but, like, I'm expecting a PSO3 announcement sometime soon, so...
    they already talked about extending the games lifespan beyond the initial 10yr plan which given the the West release, seems very likely now. maybe pso3 in 2025?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I mean couldn't they just do the whole "platform exclusive" block thing yet again? They did it with Cloud and Vita and PS4. Xbox would be no different, no?

gonna be the like 50th person hoping they don't do another region lock, but aside from that this is cool and good, hopefully it gets people to give the Phantasy Star IP a shot and nets it some more fans.

Also, regarding Windows 10:

Windows XP support ended April 8, 2014. Windows 7 mainstream support ended January 13, 2015 and extended support ends January 14, 2020. Windows 8.1 mainstream support ended January 9, 2018. Etc, etc.

I don't expect the Microsoft build to carry on any support for deprecated versions of Windows. The game has to be ported to Xbox One and that's the version that Windows 10 would get by extension. So the game would probably use whatever they normally do for security and updating. Just as well, while I don't expect a remake/remaster, there will likely be some minor graphical changes/upgrades. Things like lighting/shaders might be different.

So while the PC version doesn't require much right now, I do expect some new minimum requirements for this version. Aside from Windows 10, possibly a newer version of DirectX and whatnot.