Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veriti View Post
    I wonder how the EQ schedule will work somewhere with multiple time zones that need to be covered. Scheduled EQs all day and no randoms to be fair to everyone?
    Internet time

Regarding the EU absence from the announcement, it's probably to do with the 'lootbox' Arks Cash Scratch system. There's a lot of legislation in Europe at the moment specifically targeting lootboxes so PSO2 might be affected by it.

If they can get past those hurdles, I'm more than willing to pick up the western version and at least show support for future Phantasy Star games in the west.
    Last edited by Neith; Jun 10, 2019 at 08:09 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar_pso View Post
    My son texted me the E3 reveal. I gave up trying to put the game on my Vita last year. I may need to buy a second Xbox One for this.
    🤔
    I wonder if I will run into any of my old mates from Dreamcast/GameCube/Xbox?
    If you have a PC then you dont really need to buy an Xbox One.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis View Post
    I dont understand why this train of thought is so prevalent on PSO-World. Its like some people took people not wanting to use the English patch as a slight against them or the game. Ive been on multiple other subreddits and have seen reactions elsewhere that are nothing but happy.
    That's not my point though. The point is that people are saying now that they can FINALLY play the game after they "had" to wait for such a long time,
    which is actually not really the case. They could either a) play the game in japanese version (which they don't want, because it's so hard to learn basic japanese
    letters to being able to get by just fine in the game) or b) get the english patch and just play it in english (which, the only reason coming to my head, why they wouldn't want to
    get it, would be the fear of being banned for using the tweaker/patch, even though the chances are low for that).
    So I don't have any problem with people not using the patch (not using it myself either), but with them saying they had no chance to play it before.

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    if it dies then its gonna be joke. To get what you want and not use it ( or play it in this case ) makes one wonder why keep bugging for something that you are not gonna touch in the first place lol
    Personal opinion, I think the chance is medium to high that the game will not have enough people interested in the west to keep it up for long. But we'll see how Sega will go about that and if they can make it worthwhile for the westerners. As for me, I'm just saying my opinion on this. I may consider playing it for story reasons, to get a native translation of the story, but other than that. I see no point in throwing my 20 characters, 7500 gameplay hours away. Just how I see it
    Last edited by Karen Erra; Jun 10, 2019 at 08:40 AM.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

FINALLYYYYYYY
    YASSSSSSSSS!!!!!

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

If Sega (as a whole) were smart about this, they would....
    Tack on 10 more "English" ships event
    Have a Free Ship Transfer
    Set up a in-game ARK Cash shop for micro-transactions
    ....and call it a day.

But it's Sega and if the shit catalog of 3D Sonic games has shown anything is that Sega doesn't do smart.
    I hope you guy's like IP bans.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

What they should've done instead is make a pso3 with english servers from the start and actually have a plan of going forward. This game is a random assortment of ideas that were abandoned each in a month and it just becomes more and more apparent each update. And above all, make it a game where you can fail. The newest quest with its 5second death timers really makes me question things.

I've waited 7 years for this!

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    The newest quest with its 5second death timers really makes me question things.
    I'm glad I walked away with Ep 4 and the Anime.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

And above all, make it a game where you can fail. The newest quest with its 5second death timers really makes me question things.
    You mean it worries you that in a "gotta go fast" quest you get automatically revived when teammates decide wont revive/forgot to stock up on moon?
    Also it's really weird thing to complain about considering that you get to carry arround 5 revives + 1 self revive per player in this quest. Reviving player was never part of the chalange in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    If Sega (as a whole) were smart about this, they would....
    Tack on 10 more "English" ships event
    Have a Free Ship Transfer
    Set up a in-game ARK Cash shop for micro-transactions
    ....and call it a day.

But it's Sega and if the shit catalog of 3D Sonic games has shown anything is that Sega doesn't do smart.
    I hope you guy's like IP bans.
    I'm pretty sure that isn't something that would work legally. At least not as easily as you seem to think.

And above all, make it a game where you can fail. The newest quest with its 5second death timers really makes me question things.
    This game has been about overachieving rather than avoiding failure for whatever challenge there is for a REALLY long time, and I personally don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that for public 12 man EQs. Outside of the 4 man EQs where a specific number of deaths auto-fails a quest I don't think death has been a serious threat of failure since normal mode vol-dragon was a relevant boss. I'm pretty sure the 5 second timer is just so people don't get ignored or missed when they die. If deaths actually mattered in most content then I'd agree, but you're deluded if you think they do.

Also, wasn't the new director pretty disappointed with the way they throw content away so quickly?