Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    The problem with your comments is that ya'll assume it's laziness as to why people chose not to play on JP servers. Sure, anybody can watch a video and learn how to install and play. You're right, the concern is whether or not someone wants to risk losing their progress due to an IP block, a concern that has you current JP server players sweatin'.
    To be entirely fair, before today's curveball, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans had already long since resigned to either never getting an official localization or just applying the tweaker or whatever and diving in, so for a pretty long time, any notion of lost progress was not something anyone had to worry about regardless. It's going to have been 8 years (a long-ass time) since this game first released when it finally comes out officially here; I just find it kind of surprising that more people never bit the bullet when hope seemed to start fading for a while.

Maybe it's just a matter of wording, because I don't mean to imply some sort of derision towards people who never bothered jumping through captcha and translation hoops. Like I said, I might think it's lazy, but I've grown pretty lazy as I've gotten older anyway. I know I'm not going to bother to consult Google Translate and then get a fake Japanese address AND THEN learn hiragana to pass a captcha AND THEN finally finish making my JP PSO2 account just to finally get to playing the game anymore. Most people really don't have the patience for that, even if it doesn't take that long in reality. It just takes less time to play something else you enjoy instead, which is entirely understandable.
    Steam: gutsyunicycle (Nickname: Jungo)
    PSO2: Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    i didnt come here spreading fake news about real important email address like you and throwing an actual hissy fit about "gullible" people while being gullible
    Please point out where i spread "fake news" about that, In addition to needing to understand what you say before you speak, you also need to actually learn what a hissy fit is, i'm not even sure you understand gullible either. as none of those applied to me,

Please think before you post, kiddo.

I'm grateful to all the effort put into fan translations, I enjoyed the game's story thanks to them, but not a single time I've played through the story have I not needed to use google translate because broken patches or whatever (right now Alma's omnibus scenes for episode 2 are mostly in japanese), and right now I'm glad I will be able to enjoy an official localisation. Time to kill D-arkers

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis View Post
    So uh, back on topic...

Considering this'll be free to play, it shouldn't take too much effort for people to hop on and make a character even if they dont want to move over permanently. Just think if it like an alt and main on the JP server. If anything, it should be fun to be able to read everything that the translation patch doesn't hit. There were quite a few things when I played that werent translated that I was curious is about.
    I will doubtless play some on the NA servers (and even spend some money there) just to support the game and the hope of some future for Phantasy Star in the West.

Definitely not leaving the JP servers, though, or giving up all the hours I've put into my characters there.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Time to kill D-arkers
    having read Darkers all the time, D-arkers feels terrible to read.
    test

I'm actually really curious what they're going to do about the translation, because SEA's had a... reputation, but that could have just been localized by the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm actually really curious what they're going to do about the translation, because SEA's had a... reputation, but that could have just been localized by the publisher.
    It's time for Dark Falz [Mask]

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    don't tell me the word "darkers" was some kind of problem.. is this one of those "let's get offended at stupid crap" i heard about a while back?

Looking forward to this, and it definitely came out of left field as a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Wait what?

Also, anybody else noticed this:

Spoiler!

Hope this is just for data save and not hosting the entire game client or this would mean that this is going to be the fucking cloud version.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!