Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Thanks for sharing! As a huuuuge Destiny fan as well (mostly think due to PSO...ghosts = mags; exos = casts; ranger, hunter, force; etc etc)
    I'm thankful that Phil was part of this. So stoked but still sooooo far away.

Question I wish was asked is how AC will be handled. Pretty sure there is no gambling allowed here in the US. Scratches are obviously gambling. Id rather just buy accesories, costumes outright.
    I guess we will know soon!
    It shouldn't be a problem at all. Star Wars the Old Republic has a similar model to PSO2 (pay for conveniences, Cosmetic loot boxes) It's still going in the States and Europe.

Thanks for sharing! As a huuuuge Destiny fan as well (mostly think due to PSO...ghosts = mags; exos = casts; ranger, hunter, force; etc etc)
    I'm thankful that Phil was part of this. So stoked but still sooooo far away.

Question I wish was asked is how AC will be handled. Pretty sure there is no gambling allowed here in the US. Scratches are obviously gambling. Id rather just buy accesories, costumes outright.
    I guess we will know soon!
    Scratches are not "obviously gambling." There is no cash payout, or mechanism to enable a cash payout, so it's not defined as gambling. Plenty of games, mostly mobile, in the US feature a similar mechanism to PSO2's AC scratches.
    -MikonX
    OG PSO2 real (JP) version
    Too many characters to list

Not to mention the only microtransaction currently being looked critically at are pay to win ones.
    Being a fashion queen doesn't make you good at the game nor superior,

Well it's still gambling when you're wagering with real money at a chance of getting something. I'm sure the are people who spent a lot on scratches that turned up nothing.

Well it's still gambling when you're wagering with real money at a chance of getting something. I'm sure the are people who spent a lot on scratches that turned up nothing.
    Here's the thing though, you aren't wagering real money; you are purchasing an in-game currency (which can be used for a variety of in-game purchases) and choosing to use that in-game currency to purchase a cosmetic "loot box" where you understand that there are different odds (listed on the website) of receiving different cosmetic items, and that you will receive an item regardless. Since there is no risk of getting no item, it isn't technically gambling; if you feel you got "nothing," it is because you have ascribed a subjective value to certain items.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 13, 2019 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Here's the thing though, you aren't wagering real money; you are purchasing an in-game currency (which can be used for a variety of in-game purchases) and choosing to use that in-game currency to purchase a cosmetic "loot box" where you understand that there are different odds (listed on the website) of receiving different cosmetic items, and that you will receive an item regardless. Since there is no risk of getting no item, it isn't technically gambling; if you feel you got "nothing," it is because you have ascribed a subjective value to certain items.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    -MikonX
    OG PSO2 real (JP) version
    Too many characters to list

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Sorry, but most games with loot box systems do the same thing, they're not asking your to swipe your credit card every time to gamble, they're asking you to purchased whatever special in-game currency first. So PSO2 is no different and if the game gets to be big enough enough, it will fall under those same radars. I'm pretty sure this is why no European announcements were made.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I'll say the one thing PSO2 does (or has started to do recently) that makes it better is having those bonus scratch ticket items which allow you to just redeem for any item in the scratch after rolling it 20 or so times.

that way, theres effectively a price at which when you pay into it enough you will be able to just get get the desired item as if you bought it directly, and anything else you got from your 20 rolls is just bonus stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    I'll say the one thing PSO2 does (or has started to do recently) that makes it better is having those bonus scratch ticket items which allow you to just redeem for any item in the scratch after rolling it 20 or so times.

that way, theres effectively a price at which when you pay into it enough you will be able to just get get the desired item as if you bought it directly, and anything else you got from your 20 rolls is just bonus stuff.
    One of the questions you need to ask yourself when you want to see if this is gambling is this: If they were to sell these items for AC instead, would they make as much money as they currently do with scratching?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/gian...7m32s&e=42m17s
    Some PSO2 Stuff (paraphrasing because i'm lazy)

Giant Bomb dude: Will people be able to bring over their characters?
    Phil Spencer: I honestly don't know. That's going to be Sega's decision.

Giant Bomb dude: Will it come to europe?
    Phil Spencer: I dunno. Atm I'm happy enough we're able to bring it to the west at all.

Phil has a soft spot for PSO. Those who follow him know that he is a massive destiny fan and he feels a little sad that people don't know how many of todays looter shooters exist due to PSO kicking off the genre.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-Ifxmqd5c

for those that want youtube, convo starts at 37:36, Phil does say it will end up on all platforms
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 13, 2019 at 07:25 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers