Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_bob View Post
    lol @ everyone that thinks that US and Japan will be on same sever
    As a joke lol , your big man built a wall. So if a server split does happen, blame the wall lol
    Last edited by TakemiShinnosuke; Jun 14, 2019 at 12:16 AM.

We should scrutinize ‘all platforms’ for the moment. Given we don’t know how IGN compiled their data (it may just be current JP platforms) and Phil may be alluding to the opening words in their presentation that they wanted people to be able to play games anywhere (in reference to xCloud). On the other hand, Microsoft may have made it finally worth the effort and they still get to ship the actual game on PS4.

It was big news recently that Microsoft would be providing cloud services for Sony (and possibly Nintendo). The PlayStation division apparently wasn’t even aware this was happening. So imagine if Microsoft does provide cloud streaming services for the other consoles. Would those companies stop Microsoft from streaming Xbox games via an app for them? Things are heading in an interesting direction and however this turns out PSO2 might be Microsoft’s proof of concept for just how available and connected a game can be. Crossplay has been a really big discussion lately and they might have just broken the barrier for it by becoming a service provider for all platforms.

Feels like a lovely second wind has finally hit, just when the game needs it the most~

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

phil spencer wanted to play pso2 so bad that he went to japan and asked to speak with the phantasy star team directly. he offered them azure servers for global connectivity but they still needed to get playstation on the network so phil went to sony and negotiated that too.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post
    Just be ready to lose all your hours of progress and money spent. I am honestly glad I waited patiently and didnt spend more than a few hours and no money at all.
    Even if they did force us to move to NA servers it's not like those hours were wasted. Alls you're really saying is that you're going to go into a game with less knowledge then a portion of the player base that will know what they're doing and leave you behind, gaining more in game money a lot faster, knowing what weapons to get, what items to work on, what crafts to do. I donno about other people on here but I spent far less money with using my time on pso2 then buyng a game every month to play.

Waiting on NA server...

Quote Originally Posted by MikonX View Post
    Scratches are not "obviously gambling." There is no cash payout, or mechanism to enable a cash payout, so it's not defined as gambling. Plenty of games, mostly mobile, in the US feature a similar mechanism to PSO2's AC scratches.
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah…………...they're gambling. This conversation has been had so many times in so many games it's not even funny. Specific items are usually held back as "jackpot" items ensuring that only a few items will drop total, so whatever player "wins" will probably sell said item to get "rich" in-game.

I would say that from what little I played of the Japanese side however, the drop rates for featured items were relatively fair so it wasn't horribly unbalanced like it is in some games. This may contribute to PSO2's popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by S-T-H View Post
    We should scrutinize ‘all platforms’ for the moment. Given we don’t know how IGN compiled their data (it may just be current JP platforms) and Phil may be alluding to the opening words in their presentation that they wanted people to be able to play games anywhere (in reference to xCloud). On the other hand, Microsoft may have made it finally worth the effort and they still get to ship the actual game on PS4.
    This was my first thought as well.
    Last edited by Polychrome; Jun 14, 2019 at 09:10 AM.

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

I would feel remiss if I did post this here.

https://jackofallcontrollers.com/201...ntendo-switch/

I wouldn't give it much credence tho.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

This is exciting, and almost like a cruel joke. I just wasn't able to play on the jp servers very well, after trying for a long, long time. In looked forward to finally playing this without feeling totally lost.

this would fiasco will not in any way affect SEA right.? this is a western issue and will stay in the west right ??

cause I have no intention to start all over again

Holy shit you guys are so paranoid over moving accounts, IP block and other crap its annoying to read already. Just calm down already and wait for more information.
    test