Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm hedging a bet that a [native] PSO2 for Switch might be in the cards.

With Microsoft and Nintendo being all buddy-buddy lately and having cross-platform play for several online multiplayer games like Paladins, and Fortnite...not to mention that SEGA and Nintendo are obviously very close, and additionally, the existence already of a Switch version of PSO2 through the cloud version...

I think there is a very real argument to be made that westerners very well may be getting PSO2 on the Switch as well. They could have hid the Switch watermark on the XBOX trailer to keep it a surprise for the Nintendo direct, but can you imagine how sick that would be?

Oh, and hi everyone.
    good to see you back and i had the same idea, maybe theyre saving it for tomorrows Nintendo Direct, if not a announcement for it when it gets close to releasing next year
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Waiting on NA server...

Oh geez, finally!

I tried the tweaker a few years ago, and while I appreciated the effort, so much went untranslated that I had no idea what was going on in the story or what I was doing. Make fun of me all you want, I want to know what I'm supposedly fighting for. I play MMOs to immerse!

And since we're also getting the Xbox version, I can play it the way I used to enjoy PSU.

So excited! If I were eating when I heard I'd have choked to death by now. I've been away for years and WILL be playing this. I really hope that I can play on the Japanese servers like in the Dreamcast days. I know some Japanese but lack the drive to learn quickly. This may help a great deal (tried on PC but I'm not a PC player)

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Is anyone here able to visit Sega's booth at E3 and get us more info? June 11th – June 13th at booth #4800 in the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center. I don't trust the usual game journalists and feel like they would focus too much on Judgement and Catherine when more questions about PSO2 need to be asked.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by Polychrome View Post
    Oh geez, finally!

I tried the tweaker a few years ago, and while I appreciated the effort, so much went untranslated that I had no idea what was going on in the story or what I was doing. Make fun of me all you want, I want to know what I'm supposedly fighting for. I play MMOs to immerse!

And since we're also getting the Xbox version, I can play it the way I used to enjoy PSU.
    The tweaker pretty much translated all story quest dialogues if you bothered to stick around but im not gonna judge you for that.
    test

Waiting on NA server...

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    The tweaker pretty much translated all story quest dialogues if you bothered to stick around but im not gonna judge you for that.
    I kept hearing that, and quite a bit when I was trying it out. My experience was "barely anything".

It wasn't like I gave up right as the game came out in Japan. I tried late 2016. I admit maybe I was missing something, but very little was translated apart from menus and shops, and a *very* occasional line in a mission or whatnot. I patched and re-patched, was told I'd done everything correctly, and all I managed to come up with was "what did I miss"? Whatever the case, it wasn't very immersive.

I'm sure you could *somewhat* get by between that and holding google translate up to your monitor, but really, it wasn't enough. This isn't a dig on the people doing the tweaker. But I felt like there was a whole lot of effort just to get half a "meh" and there were other games I could have been playing in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Polychrome View Post
    I kept hearing that, and quite a bit when I was trying it out. My experience was "barely anything".

It wasn't like I gave up right as the game came out in Japan. I tried late 2016. I admit maybe I was missing something, but very little was translated apart from menus and shops, and a *very* occasional line in a mission or whatnot. I patched and re-patched, was told I'd done everything correctly, and all I managed to come up with was "what did I miss"? Whatever the case, it wasn't very immersive.

I'm sure you could *somewhat* get by between that and holding google translate up to your monitor, but really, it wasn't enough. This isn't a dig on the people doing the tweaker. But I felt like there was a whole lot of effort just to get half a "meh" and there were other games I could have been playing in the meantime.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat. I still play the JP version from time to time and I probably wont quit until the Western version hits, but there's enough of the game that doesn't get translated that I never played super hardcore myself either. Yeah you could figure out most of what was happening and the english patch wasn't bad by any means, it definitely gets the job done for most if not all the important stuff, the stuff that goes under the radar really bothers me.

I'm thankful I got the chance to enjoy the game as much as I did, enough to get a hero to 75 (and never break the cap) but I'm so happy a western release is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I sometimes wonder if you guys would actually be disappointed to not see your paranoid delusions come to fruition.
    it just funny thing to think about it for what happened in this media era look what have they done to new tifa XD
    Last edited by oratank; Jun 11, 2019 at 12:11 AM.

Let's just say let the new players enjoy themselves over there, while some of us, the old hands, will stay here. OK?
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    its not any different than trying to do it for a JP account, the effort is minimal but yes, the convenience of being able to browse naturally from your region is always nice but its not like you cant swap to US, download, swap back and play it just like you would do with a JP account on PS4 and link your US PSN account to your Sega account to play
    Yes I know it's really not that hard, but it's hard enough to be a bother to people I'd like to invite to the game, just like tweaker and jp account, also no problems with consoles, most of them easily handle different accounts (lol Vita...), but looks like a bother on windows since xbox live is integrated with your windows 10 login account, and then there's the matter about paying, it's not always easy to pay to different regions than you own.