Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

US servers for those who dont wanna play/too lazy to play JP server. Hopefully they'd just leave us oldtimer foreigners on JP server alone since we're probably a minority in JP anyway(other than ship 2 which completely got conquered by gaijins.) This would probably get people who play casually on ship2 to leave while inviting JP's back into that ship.
    test

I'd rather not lose all my progress if Sega decides to push us all away to the English servers.

With crossplay announced I wouldnt be surprised if JP and US/EU played together ala what Monster Hunter World is doing. PC is making me weary though. I just don't trust Western gamers to not hack it to pieces.
    US/EU PS2/PC:
    Mortalis - Lvl 150 Masterforce.
    Dies Irae - Lvl 136 Gunmaster.

JP:
    Exitium - Lvl 122 Gunmaster.

Can't believe this is finally happening. I have no idea what I'll do given I've spent thousands of hours on JP servers, but great to see it finally coming to the west. I lost my mind when I heard the PSO2 theme...

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis View Post
    With crossplay announced I wouldnt be surprised if JP and US/EU played together ala what Monster Hunter World is doing. PC is making me weary though. I just don't trust Western gamers to not hack it to pieces.
    International Shared Ships, Segac make this happen.
    test

letting us server transfer would be the best thing to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis View Post
    Don't know if you played the original pso but that game was hacked to shit, it was so bad you had to fear just standing in lobbies..only old timers know why. so yes, western gamers will hack it to pieces, if they can.

If fact, i can't confirm this since it was so long ago but i think they even halted updates to the game due to how bad the hacking got.

on the bright side though we've come a long way since 20 years and sega bans at the drop of a hat if they catch you doing anything, so it may not be nearly as bad.
    Last edited by Dark Priest; Jun 9, 2019 at 04:52 PM.

Well, they brought back the fucking website: https://pso2.com/
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Kalidoscope Walker Nicktendonick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saryn_storm View Post
    I have so much time spent on the game already (2.5k hours) I don't know if i should be happy or not. This is great news but do i really want to start from scratch again.
    And that's exactly my thoughts too. I've spent years playing and real world money in the game. I would love to support a English side of the game... but I don't want all my progress lost and I personally would probably just stay on the JP version with an English patch. I've spent 2,248 hours in PSO2, and I don't have the real world time to start over again.

Have they given any more details about it? Can the JP users migrate to the Eng servers? Will "coming to the west" just amount to a english-language option for us PC players?

If people have to start all over just to play in official English, I don't know how many of us will actually do that and I think it'd hurt the survival rate of the game...As the main English PSO2 community outside of reddit, we ought to try to get some way to prevent that situation from happening.

Overall, I'm still glad about this announcement. PSO2 has been doing that "live services" model crap back from when they were still called MMOs, and does it a thousand times better then any of these other games. Can't wait for it to explode here too.