Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 54552535455
    One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    While his words and phrases could use a lot of polish, he is correct regarding payers who kept the game alive. No way in hell would SEGA keep a FREE ONLINE GAME going for 7 years if they couldn't turn a profit on it, basic economy my friend. So yes, if you didn't spend a dime on this game yourself, then be grateful for those who did with premium and/or micro transactions since it's because of them that you were able to enjoy this game for as long as you did.
    There's no reason why it had to be a Free to Play game. Online Games got along fine with a 60 dollar price tag and a subscription fee. The only reason that's changed is because of the Mobile Market.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    While his words and phrases could use a lot of polish, he is correct regarding payers who kept the game alive. No way in hell would SEGA keep a FREE ONLINE GAME going for 7 years if they couldn't turn a profit on it, basic economy my friend. So yes, if you didn't spend a dime on this game yourself, then be grateful for those who did with premium and/or micro transactions since it's because of them that you were able to enjoy this game for as long as you did.
    Obviously they have to make their money someway, this is why key features like simply trading and shop use required payment, my grip was he worded it in such a way as to give some belitting name to people who don't pay, It was segas choice to make it a "FREE ONLINE GAME" and not paied sub.

What you should be grateful for is people even playing this game to begin with, we don't need to clap and applause people for tossing money as sega. yay you're paying for their cars and fancy dinners, Good job.

I guess we also need to thank EA for putting heavy micros in most of their games, even though they straight up admitted that they didn't need to do that to turn a profit. and every gullble fool buying up micros like candy.

Now Sega isn't as greedy as that but no, the "sole" reason the game stays up and running isn't due to their premium pets, Hell this game wouldn't be able to run on premium users alone anyway, most of the profit is coming from those AC scratches due to the randomized way it works.so you're compelled to keep spending till you get the item you want.

You actually have to jump threw some hoops just to even give money to sega if you don't live in japan, and most just didn't even bother. the ones YOU should be thanking are the players giving this game traffic, otherwise you'd be sitting at 5/12 for those EQs.

Supporting the game is fine, if that's your choice, but thanking people just because they give them cash like they are supposed to be bent the knee to is pretty asinine. The most they should expect is a pat on the head and a "good boy/girl" from sega. if you think these people desperately need to be givin a treat, then they are free to ask for a cookie, their choice of flavor.

But no, he's not "correct" just because you agree with him, Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard V View Post
    There's no reason why it had to be a Free to Play game. Online Games got along fine with a 60 dollar price tag and a subscription fee. The only reason that's changed is because of the Mobile Market.
    Yeah they did, but this is now why most games have season passes and over monitized, because to many impulsive people just paied up without thinking.

I personally loath F2P games due to how sneaky they are, but PSO was the only game i gave a chance. because to their credit, the game can actually be enjoyed without them attaching a hose to your wallet.
    Last edited by Dark Priest; Jun 24, 2019 at 12:29 AM.