Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

a friend of mine wanted to play this but he said that he'd only do it if the game were officially released in english. now let's see if he's gonna be playing the western release..

Finally.... I was too lazy (and old) to play on the jp server but this USA only speak on Twitter has me a bit nervous :/

While this is all fine and dandy for all those people who "haven't been able" to play this game because of a non-exisiting language barrier (a.k.a English Patch)
    and latency issues (which aren't all that bad), I wonder how this is going to work.

Even if the game will extend from it's original lifespan of 10 years because of this, the game is probably still half-dead already. Bringing this up for release 8 years
    after the original release is just extra weird.

I can't see the western version being on shared servers with the japanese version and thus at least to me it's not an option to go over to the western version
    to start over from scratch. Not feeling like letting ~7500 hours of gameplay going to waste, really. So unless there is going to be some kind of shared blocks or whatever
    this is a no-go and I'm sure a bunch of other western players will feel that way too.

Also the "powered by Azure" kinda worries me too - if it's really going to be cloud-based with Microsofts Azure technology and not an independant game with dedicated
    game servers, this may cause latency or "you are not able to connect"-issues just like the Switch version in Japan.

Unless things come differently as I'm expecting them, I guess I'll just stick to be a gaijin on japan servers, rather than starting over on a game version that
    may die anyway because of lack of interest in the west.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

FYI, there is literally no technical reason for PSO2 NOT to support Windows 7 and 8.1. The game still uses DirectX 9, 32-bit, and that's unlikely to change, unless Microsoft has a direct hand in the game development.

That said, I bet it'll somehow be locked in a UWP format, just to shove Windows 10 down our throats.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    While this is all fine and dandy for all those people who "haven't been able" to play this game because of a non-exisiting language barrier (a.k.a English Patch)
    and latency issues (which aren't all that bad), I wonder how this is going to work.
    I dont understand why this train of thought is so prevalent on PSO-World. Its like some people took people not wanting to use the English patch as a slight against them or the game. Ive been on multiple other subreddits and have seen reactions elsewhere that are nothing but happy.
    US/EU PS2/PC:
    Mortalis - Lvl 150 Masterforce.
    Dies Irae - Lvl 136 Gunmaster.

JP:
    Exitium - Lvl 122 Gunmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Also the "powered by Azure" kinda worries me too - if it's really going to be cloud-based with Microsofts Azure technology and not an independant game with dedicated
    game servers, this may cause latency or "you are not able to connect"-issues just like the Switch version in Japan.
    This has a good chance to be true. It's unusual to promote SaaS for gaming if not for currently hot topic in particularly related technology which is cloud gaming, especially after Google Stadia is announced. Recently related news here. Not to mention the game has been battle tested with such feature which give them reason to make the same bet regardless of the disadvantages we have faced or the Japanese themselves.

... or it's simply the game server on Azure cause Microsoft is the exclusive sponsor, or simply both.

Speculations at best, so we can just wait until it really happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless things come differently as I'm expecting them, I guess I'll just stick to be a gaijin on japan servers, rather than starting over on a game version that
    may die anyway because of lack of interest in the west.

if it dies then its gonna be joke. To get what you want and not use it ( or play it in this case ) makes one wonder why keep bugging for something that you are not gonna touch in the first place lol

I wonder how the EQ schedule will work somewhere with multiple time zones that need to be covered. Scheduled EQs all day and no randoms to be fair to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Veriti View Post
    I wonder how the EQ schedule will work somewhere with multiple time zones that need to be covered. Scheduled EQs all day and no randoms to be fair to everyone?
    PST I would guess. SoA usually uses that time zone.
    US/EU PS2/PC:
    Mortalis - Lvl 150 Masterforce.
    Dies Irae - Lvl 136 Gunmaster.

JP:
    Exitium - Lvl 122 Gunmaster.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

My son texted me the E3 reveal. I gave up trying to put the game on my Vita last year. I may need to buy a second Xbox One for this.
    🤔
    I wonder if I will run into any of my old mates from Dreamcast/GameCube/Xbox?