Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by S-T-H View Post
    Also, regarding Windows 10:

Windows XP support ended April 8, 2014. Windows 7 mainstream support ended January 13, 2015 and extended support ends January 14, 2020. Windows 8.1 mainstream support ended January 9, 2018. Etc, etc.

I don't expect the Microsoft build to carry on any support for deprecated versions of Windows. The game has to be ported to Xbox One and that's the version that Windows 10 would get by extension. So the game would probably use whatever they normally do for security and updating. Just as well, while I don't expect a remake/remaster, there will likely be some minor graphical changes/upgrades. Things like lighting/shaders might be different.

So while the PC version doesn't require much right now, I do expect some new minimum requirements for this version. Aside from Windows 10, possibly a newer version of DirectX and whatnot.
    people already on Win10 on Setting 6 (maximum you can get) so i dont think there will be any kind of graphical update at all unless Sega actually decides to do so which last I heard had no plans for it but this game isnt hitting till next year and we still got a good amount of content through the rest of 2019 so i wouldnt doubt Setting 7 hits toward the end of the year
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    I mean couldn't they just do the whole "platform exclusive" block thing yet again? They did it with Cloud and Vita and PS4. Xbox would be no different, no?
    As far as I know, the cloud streaming service on the switch didn't have its own servers, that's part of why it wasn't a proper port. So if this ends up actually being streamed maybe, but streaming services aren't going to work well for a game like this in the US just due to how tangled our net is, and how big the US is compared to JP or Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    they already talked about extending the games lifespan beyond the initial 10yr plan which given the the West release, seems very likely now. maybe pso3 in 2025?
    They can run a sequel concurrently with the old game. They did do that with PSU and PSO2 running side-by-side for quite some time.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

it seems that sony and microsoft recently agreed to allow playstation to use azure

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...aystation-team
    the companies announced a strategic partnership to co-develop game streaming technology and host some of PlayStation’s online services on the Redmond-based company’s Azure cloud platform.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    it seems that sony and microsoft recently agreed to allow playstation to use azure

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...aystation-team
    Well, fuck me then. I'm still not expecting JP and NA servers to be the same, but this at least means there's potential for crossplay if a PS4 version comes out in english.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    They can run a sequel concurrently with the old game. They did do that with PSU and PSO2 running side-by-side for quite some time.
    They actually only were up concurrently for a little under 3 months, and even then, the closure of the PSU servers was announced less than a month after PSO2 officially launched.
    PSOBB on the other hand did run concurrently with PSU for over 4 years.

Haven't been on these forums in probably 5 years or longer and I had to come back and say I am so ready for this. Seriously I teared up when this was announced. Thank you Microsoft for this! It is only possible because of them as it is using the MS Azure servers. So yes THANK YOU MICROSOFT!!!! and Sega I guess? Even tho a west release was promised a long time ago sega.... lmao

oh man, i was not expecting this.

hoping for a global server/character transfer so we get to keep our characters as im not keen on leaving behind my account I've already dumped a couple hundred dollars and thousands of hours into.

otherwise if its just kept up to date with the JP version then hopefully it'll allow the tweaker devs to easily translate the game for those of us still sticking with JP.

Another game version with EQ's in times when I work or sleep and maybe we even get the glorious UWP. Can I at least use the Blu-ray item codes for Aika Hair 2?

Global transfer won't work because it will break the balance/economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxDMC View Post
    "Expert" players have no lives in plain English because being good at a game is much more important then family and friends lol.

If the game will be streaming exclusive, of course that would mean a lot of people will not be able to play, but in the other hand, a Cloud exclusive game server would mean no cheats at all, unless we include game glitches which PSU had (grinder dupe, infinite mech), and we know how PSU PC died in two months and PSU 360 kicked some for a few extra years.