Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3542434445464748 ... LastLast

The scratch system benefits everyone including paying and free players.
    If there is an AC shop where you can buy AC items directly, then AC items will be untradeable or it will turn the game into p2w. Since you can legally buy ingame cash with real cash.

Quote Originally Posted by fuyuka0121 View Post
    By taking advantage of people.

If there is an AC shop where you can buy AC items directly, then AC items will be untradeable or it will turn the game into p2w. Since you can legally buy ingame cash with real cash.
    I'm not sure why they would need to be untradable, or why making them tradable would make it p2w since
    1.) scratch stuff is already tradable, and people very often roll scratches just to sell stuff and make a bunch of meseta. I've seen games function perfectly fine by having official ingame methods of turning ingame money into the cash shop currency and vice versa. It's not "pay to win", especially in a game where the majority of high end stuff isn't even tradable.
    2.) having lots of meseta doesn't make you good at the game. At most it makes getting good affixes less of an issue, but by that point you're already above and beyond what's expected of most people, and ultimately there are other ways to make a bunch of meseta.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Maybe people will shut up about it now.
    Not till we get a European release.
    Click On Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildin View Post
    Not till we get a European release.
    NA - 1 EU - 1 JP -1

[Lets liberate Ship 2 ]

lmao, Thanks for that laugh, that made my day, Though i'm not sure what you're smoking. But it's clearly bad for you.

Beneficial or not, it's one way of distributing special items, clothes, whatever. Surely it's not perfect because some things may be hard to get through scratching, but I imagine if it wasn't a scratch/gacha type system the outfits, accessoires, whatever, may cost a lot of money. This way you can scratch some, get lucky to get what you want or don't get it, sell the stuff you don't want and just buy it, either way is fine, in my eyes.
    The biggest issue may be that the english-speaking community is less likely to spend money on the game. From what I gather on my time hanging out on PSO2, I see so many people complaining how terrible it is that some features are premium only and that they can't use it, because they would have to spend money and they don't want to. I imagine it's the very same with outfits and stuff that are from scratches: I would wager that a high percentage of the english community doesn't spend much or any money at all in PSO2.
    It's been like that on JP PSU too, where those english-speaking people looked at you disgustedly if you had a premium subscription or you (god forbid) used the safe grind option for GC or whatever else money-related features the game had.

Not gonna say all people are like that, because I'm pretty sure there is quite a few premium-users and scratchers on PSO2 now too, but the complaints about p2w (which it really isn't) are out there a lot.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

the scratch system benefits free players because often ac scratchers pull more items than they want or multiples of items and then they naturally resell the extras in player shops giving the free players an outlet to obtain the items. this also ensures that enough collab content is floating in the market so that people can probably still obtain the content from other players years down the line if they dont revive the scratch.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I didn't spend a dime on the Japanese version outside of a physical copy of the PS4 game. I will however be spending money when it comes West mainly because I want to support the game but I also because I feel more comfortable spending money on the west version instead of using a third party credit card in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    the scratch system benefits free players because often ac scratchers pull more items than they want or multiples of items and then they naturally resell the extras in player shops giving the free players an outlet to obtain the items. this also ensures that enough collab content is floating in the market so that people can probably still obtain the content from other players years down the line if they dont revive the scratch.
    but bro, we need big brother government to tell us how & what we can spend our money on because grown adults cant learn any length of self control when it comes to managing their own income and just splurge money everywhere. So lets let the government with their filthy hands get a hold and regulate video games because hey, its a-okay to lose some of freedom right? if it means adults can learn to adult yes?

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    I didn't spend a dime on the Japanese version outside of a physical copy of the PS4 game. I will however be spending money when it comes West mainly because I want to support the game but I also because I feel more comfortable spending money on the west version instead of using a third party credit card in Japan.
    What makes you think 100% of the money is going straight to Sega of America and not a majority over to Sega of Japan?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Yeah and I imagine a lot of people didn't spend a penny at all on the game and then complained how unfair they are treated by this game and it's pay-to-win-ness. If you go to the blocks filled with all the lobby-spamming english people there is always messages like, oh no I don't have premium, I can't afford this piece of clothing, whatever... it's always the same. Had been a popular point of discussion on JP PSU and it's not any different now.
    I honestly would have prefered if this game wasn't free to play and have a subscription fee anyway. It would take care of all the people who don't care enough about the game to spend actual money on it. I mean come on, really. Premium is what, $15 a month? It's not an unfair amount of money really.

Also I don't know whats your trouble with spending money on the japanese version, I'm confused..., but there is no need for a 3rd party credit card to get AC or premium or whatever. Just take your smartphone (which you should have by looking at your previous posts telling me you only have consoles, smartphones and tablets), use PSO2es and get your AC without any need for a third-party card, webmoney or w/e.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more