Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What constitutes "filler" and "actual" content depends on each player. Though I'd prefer the distinction of "Content that has something I want" vs. "Content that does not have content I want". For example, Dark Falz Persona was "desired" content for me until the 50th run. After that it became obsolete.

Generally, Sega wants us to spend time online. They have to find ways to entice us to do that without making us burn out or get bored.

For me UH were a great idea, but it would have been massively better if there were Client Orders specifically tailored for them which gave players an incentive to run them beyond waiting for a specific drop. It's similar to the issue with Kuron, Tokyo and Vegas having XH mode when there is virtually no benefit in running them at that difficulty. If we had COs like:
    - Kill 90 Natives in UH Naberius for 90k exp from Hans
    - Kill <UH boss> from Hans
    - Clear <UH area> from Hans
    - Kill 90 Darkers of lvl91+ from Revelle
    - Kill <UH boss> after breaking <this part> from Lubert
    - Kill Infected Enemy of lvl91+ from Lottie
    - Kill Luminmech of lvl91+ with JA from Io
    - Gather 50x Ultralized Enemy Remains from Kressida
    - Deliver <some sort of food that drops from Luminmechs> from Franca
    - Some Team Client Order(s) for UH areas
    - Some Daily Client Order(s) that have us kill up to 99 of an enemy (or gather up to 99 items) that can only be done in UH
    etc, it would make it more interesting since it would feel every time as we're heading to a goal instead of "I just have to run it because there is nothing to do"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    For me UH were a great idea, but it would have been massively better if there were Client Orders specifically tailored for them which gave players an incentive to run them beyond waiting for a specific drop. It's similar to the issue with Kuron, Tokyo and Vegas having XH mode when there is virtually no benefit in running them at that difficulty. If we had COs like:
    - Kill 90 Natives in UH Naberius for 90k exp from Hans
    - Kill <UH boss> from Hans
    - Clear <UH area> from Hans
    - Kill 90 Darkers of lvl91+ from Revelle
    - Kill <UH boss> after breaking <this part> from Lubert
    - Kill Infected Enemy of lvl91+ from Lottie
    - Kill Luminmech of lvl91+ with JA from Io
    - Gather 50x Ultralized Enemy Remains from Kressida
    - Deliver <some sort of food that drops from Luminmechs> from Franca
    - Some Team Client Order(s) for UH areas
    - Some Daily Client Order(s) that have us kill up to 99 of an enemy (or gather up to 99 items) that can only be done in UH
    etc, it would make it more interesting since it would feel every time as we're heading to a goal instead of "I just have to run it because there is nothing to do"
    I can't imagine what sort of rewards those would have that would actually be useful without devaluing other content. If the COs don't have good rewards then they might as well not exist. The benefit to running stuff on XH was always the drops, it's the same with UH. It would have been cool if they added a new upgradable weapon set that would end up requiring parts from each planet in UH or something. Something like the Zara series. I feel like that would add more than just COs no one would ever care about.

EDIT: actually, I think a better way to put it is that COs without unique rewards are an afterthought, you don't do content for the COs, you do the COs because you're doing the content anyway, so they wouldn't actually add much of anything. Even Collection Files would be better. Which reminds me, where are the collection files? Getting Dim, Awake, Mirage, and Blood stuff at +30 immediately would be nice.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 14, 2019 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I can't imagine what sort of rewards those would have that would actually be useful without devaluing other content. If the COs don't have good rewards then they might as well not exist. The benefit to running stuff on XH was always the drops, it's the same with UH. It would have been cool if they added a new upgradable weapon set that would end up requiring parts from each planet in UH or something. Something like the Zara series. I feel like that would add more than just COs no one would ever care about.

EDIT: actually, I think a better way to put it is that COs without unique rewards are an afterthought, you don't do content for the COs, you do the COs because you're doing the content anyway, so they wouldn't actually add much of anything.
    Think of it this way:
    Doing SH Free Field as a daily gives about... 50k-100k exp from killing stuff during the quest? COs tied to it are:
    45k exp from the 3 Daily Orders
    30k exp from killing 60 enemies (not applicable for some)
    30k exp from killing 70 lvl61+ enemies
    20-30k exp from killing boss (not always for Tokyo/Vegas because RNG)
    10-25k from Kressida for clearing the Field
    30-40k from Kressida if you hand in the 30-40 drops she requires
    5k-10k from Io if you JA an enemy there
    some exp if you also do a weather CO
    14k - 40k from Lottie if you kill infected enemies
    10-15k from Lubert if you kill enemy with condition
    ...and then possible Revelle darkers, Franca food mats, Girard rare enemies, Daily COs, Team COs...

Essentially, at least the way I play Free Fields, approximately 70-80% of total exp I get is from COs tied to the area instead of the exp from the enemies themselves. Note that this does not take into account the new ARKS Mission system, which gives 400k per day. The COs I mentioned in my previous post could range from 50k-100k each, so that (a) It makes sense to want to take them (b) It gives a boon to Premium players who can have 40 instead of 20 at any point [note that I am not Premium, thererfore this is not tailored around me] (c) They can give players some target they want to achieve before finishing a Field, or even give a strong incentive to want to finish the Field for the extra rewards instead of just quit the run (since I guess noone now wants to finish quests for Dark Blast and Ring exp). The COs could also give 1 Silver Medal each, in the same spirit that Kuron CO gives Durga Pyroxene.

Think of it this way:
    Doing SH Free Field as a daily gives about... 50k-100k exp from killing stuff during the quest? COs tied to it are:
    45k exp from the 3 Daily Orders
    30k exp from killing 60 enemies (not applicable for some)
    30k exp from killing 70 lvl61+ enemies
    20-30k exp from killing boss (not always for Tokyo/Vegas because RNG)
    10-25k from Kressida for clearing the Field
    30-40k from Kressida if you hand in the 30-40 drops she requires
    5k-10k from Io if you JA an enemy there
    some exp if you also do a weather CO
    14k - 40k from Lottie if you kill infected enemies
    10-15k from Lubert if you kill enemy with condition
    ...and then possible Revelle darkers, Franca food mats, Girard rare enemies, Daily COs, Team COs...

Essentially, at least the way I play Free Fields, approximately 70-80% of total exp I get is from COs tied to the area instead of the exp from the enemies themselves. Note that this does not take into account the new ARKS Mission system, which gives 400k per day. The COs I mentioned in my previous post could range from 50k-100k each, so that (a) It makes sense to want to take them (b) It gives a boon to Premium players who can have 40 instead of 20 at any point [note that I am not Premium, thererfore this is not tailored around me] (c) They can give players some target they want to achieve before finishing a Field, or even give a strong incentive to want to finish the Field for the extra rewards instead of just quit the run (since I guess noone now wants to finish quests for Dark Blast and Ring exp). The COs could also give 1 Silver Medal each, in the same spirit that Kuron CO gives Durga Pyroxene.
    EXP isn't exactly hard to come by, and this becomes useless for people at the level cap. :/

Also, most free field COs aren't worth going out of your way for anymore because the time you spend doing the COs could be spent killing enough enemies for an S-rank then doing a quest that gives better EXP if that's really what you want. Giving people a "target" doesn't mean much when said target isn't related to what they're doing the content for (the drops).

Like I said before, CFs would do what you think EXP COs would do. They give people a reason to actually complete the quest, they're something a lot of people doing the content would want (even if you don't use the weapons, getting +30 stuff from CFs is good grind fodder), and they give you a good point to stop at.

Make clearing CO add collection file progress.

I was preparing a very very very long answer, but I deleted all 3000+ words that I had already written this half hour because it was way off topic and mostly "Back in the old days we went uphill both ways in the snow". I will just say that at least with COs it feels more like adventuring than playing a lobby arcade; you can RP as an adventurer who performs tasks handed down by the higher-ups or general NPCs. But the game is moving away from that in favor of getting people faster to the action, and reducing the time they have to spend in the lobby for meanial tasks.

CFs are entirely identical to stone-gathering as a concept, and extremely close in coding it. The differences are that:
    - you gather up to a fixed score of 10000 (abbreviated as 100.00%) instead of 25 or 40 or 200 (which makes easier to track progress)
    - you can get multiple stones per enemy (ie. you get more than 0.01% per clear)
    - the "stones" do not take up inventory space
    - you don't talk to NPC to get the reward
    CFs are from a function point of view entirely identical to the old "gather the materials" and then handing them to get the reward. But from RP point of view, it is a step away from material gathering.

On Topic: I still haven't done even a single run in UH Naberius, yet I got absolutely everything that I want from it because 14*s are tradeable.

I will just say that at least with COs it feels more like adventuring than playing a lobby arcade; you can RP as an adventurer who performs tasks handed down by the higher-ups or general NPCs.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with the quality of the free fields.

But the game is moving away from that in favor of getting people faster to the action, and reducing the time they have to spend in the lobby for meanial tasks.
    I don't think that was ever a part of the appeal of the game in the first place, so moving away from it for the sake of QoL makes more sense.

CFs are entirely identical to stone-gathering as a concept, and extremely close in coding it. The differences are that:
    - you gather up to a fixed score of 10000 (abbreviated as 100.00%) instead of 25 or 40 or 200 (which makes easier to track progress)
    - you can get multiple stones per enemy (ie. you get more than 0.01% per clear)
    - the "stones" do not take up inventory space
    - you don't talk to NPC to get the reward
    CFs are from a function point of view entirely identical to the old "gather the materials" and then handing them to get the reward. But from RP point of view, it is a step away from material gathering.
    I'm not sure what your point here is... I agree, that's why I suggested CFs instead of stone collecting, they're more convenient. I'm not sure what your obsession with the RP aspects of game functions is though. Besides, you say you don't have to talk to the npc, but Pudding literally calls you to tell you that you completed it and award your items.

On Topic: I still haven't done even a single run in UH Naberius, yet I got absolutely everything that I want from it because 14*s are tradeable.
    I think this was intentional. All the people who want the 15*s are grinding and getting a bunch of tradable 14*s they don't want.

EDIT: To clarify everything I've been saying, I'm not AGAINST the idea of COs for UH, I just think you're vastly overestimating how much value they'd add to the content for most players.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 14, 2019 at 07:05 AM.

Not really interested in the new drops this time either. Though the new potential had...potential(too bad no S1 slot; blue ocean flash and cursed radiance if it works would make for so much braindead cheesing). Skipping this one too :/

i don't really keeping notes on this but are those new ultra boss has something on Title? (like, kill the new UH boss x times to get a title)

--
    also, i actually appreciate those dirt cheap Blood series. i could replace my Allure Kilos for my Te/Ra into this Blood Triner. the potential is really handy to have (almost similar like Zara's potential) so i might choose Flowing intent instead using Green Leaf Flash. it looks stupid but ok for fun and giggles on UH fields

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It's filler content so we have something, anything, other than the EQ that's remotely relevant while they get better stuff ready for later. The fast turn around on the second set of UH fields made that pretty clear.

If we got UH a year ago then we'd still be on just desert for like another month, or possibly forever.

I also think part of it is because people constantly beg for old free fields to be updated when they add a new difficulty. Remember how long it took them for XH free fields only for us to get like... 3, and them to just be hp buffs on mobs? At least UH has updated bosses and mechanics. :/

EDIT: To be fair though I'm fine with this kind of content because it'll be fun to come back when it's less relevant just to casually beat up on mobs that don't die in one shot, like I did with the XH FFs. The game has kind of lacked high level evergreen guruguru content for me to just roll around in, so I appreciate them starting with it this episode instead of wating so long.
    Okay so now that i got some time to come and reply (or complain) about filler content and while i do agree with some of the stuff you said theres stuff I wish they would have done.

New series of weapons get added cool but its very select few and theyre tied to the new boss drops only while the non-new versions of the bosses drop essentially nothing or w/e sellable 14* you can put in the shop (in this case Blood series). My thing is adding new gear with the theme of those bosses would have been way more prerferable and unique, they dont have to be top of the line either (i mean look at Dim, Awake, Blood etc) but have some new weapons would have been wonderful and not reskins (well I say this but having those as area drops is also fine, sorta iffy on them. Dim etc). They missed a lot of opportunities to add some new bosses themed weapons/units from current new UH bosses but Ultralized visually (obviously pots and stats are different):

Storm Maizer
    -No new TD's, TMG's, Knuckles

Grana Gwanada
    -No new TD's, DS or WL's

Raffaga Ringahda
    -No new WL's, Katana (Resonance doesn't count), Bow or Unit set

Banger Bear
    -No new Knuckles, Rod (Beary)

Gol Zesh
    -No new Katana, Arm Unit

Blizzard Fangs
    -No new TDs, TMGs, Unit set

Those are just my gripes, bigger variety pool in new weapons whether theyre mid, high tier or flat out only good for camo's (because hell a majority of Forest UH drops are basically camo's hence why the content is basically dead 1st week in, no incentive outside those Neo JB's). I can appreciate some of the AI changes but Banger Bear could have had a little more work and Gol Zesh absolutely needs to go back to getting worked on because it has 95% same moveset just it can hover on its back now (could have made Gol Zesh JB's too to fit them theme). Blizzard Kitties got the best treatment, while annoying to fight, I absolutely love what they did to them, no complaints from me there. My MAIN complaint aside lack of variety in drops is from I've played in UH Nab is the horrible boss spawn rates, idk if its just the maps I'm getting or what but having put around only 15hrs in I'm already dropping this content completely, I dont need anything from it exactly but its just off putting when mobs dont drop jack, OT bosses lack any interesting drops because ALL the new 15*'s are tied to the New Bosses that barely show up or have to show up after you kill the OT one.

I just want the UQ treatment in a sense, while ya I get it, "filler" content is alright it leaves a lot of want from what they could have done to make this content worth the time. Even the new LQ coming right now hasn't pique'd my interest either, might run for a bit then just go back to logging in for EQ's then getting off like right now

EDIT: also the boss weapons I listed are for ones made specifically from bosses parts, like Rockbear knuckles for example and while Ikutachi is a droppable sword from Rockbear its not exactly theme'd after it
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 15, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers