Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Highest DPS Class Overall

Salutations,

I saw various other specific threads like how to build a HERO's DPS or best GU DPS build.
    My question is this:

What is the highest dps class is PSO2?

Hunter, Ranger, or any number of the new ones?
    Should be simple enough I think. Just looking to prep for the 2020 Release in the WEST!!!
    8-9 years later eh!

Thank You,

DogOfWar

There isn't one. It depends on the content. For different content, different class/subclass can provide the optimal result, and sometimes it can be the same class/subclass but with different allocation of skills.

Next is that dps in PSO2 depends heavily more on the player's reflexes than their build and equipment. The "best" dps class for someone who has reflexes in the area of 0,2sec is different than the "best" dps class for someone who has 0,5sec reflexes.

Just play whatever is fun to you.
    DPS doesn't matter if you hate your class.

Gu > Su > Fo = Ph > Fi = Br = Ra> Hr > Bo > Hu > Te

Based on UH content ONLY, move HR up if your actually good at keeping your HB consistently maxed (if you're getting hit and constantly resetting your HB then you see why its down there). Hu is down low because ripperoni your Mates even with Atra and kinda being locked to Sword only in UH. Opinions are opinions and class balance/placement can be argued for hours, w/e I dont care. Have fun being meta or have fun being Hybrid but don't be upset because of the current class balance and just enjoy the game overall. Not much you can do but fill out those player surveys whenever Sega puts them out (ya you'll kinda need to translate them or just I guess be lazy and Google Trans and hope for the best)
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 21, 2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DogOfWar View Post
    Salutations,

I saw various other specific threads like how to build a HERO's DPS or best GU DPS build.
    My question is this:

What is the highest dps class is PSO2?

Hunter, Ranger, or any number of the new ones?
    Should be simple enough I think. Just looking to prep for the 2020 Release in the WEST!!!
    8-9 years later eh!

Thank You,

DogOfWar
    Aside from what the others have said, the "best" DPS class has varied wildly from one Episode to the next, and even within Episodes, so if PSO2 releases in the West with the content that is current at that time (i.e. in Spring 2020), then the balance will certainly be different than it is now.

Gu is currently top DPS (if you are very good at it), but for a pretty good stretch of time after the S Roll JA nerf it was arguably the worst class in the game.

What class(es) will be on top of the heap will depend on the content level of PSO2 West at release.

The only real constants in my experience have been that Hunter has never been good DPS (but is frequently one of the best subclasses, so expect to need to level it up), Fighter is usually at least decent, and that Techer is usually not good DPS by itself but having one in your MPA is a godsend.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    The only real constants in my experience have been that Hunter has never been good DPS (but is frequently one of the best subclasses, so expect to need to level it up)
    except hunter is top-tier for a lot of content. it's just not easy to play.

Oh?
    As above I usually just hear people saying hu is bad (though getting 200k Rising Edges on weakspots disagrees).
    Can you elaborate? I haven't played hu much recently but I feel like getting back into it.
    And do you know how to make good use of that more or less new Partizan pp recovery mechanic?

While I have to wait for the animation of a pa or normal attack to fully finish for gear to fill up regularly, it still isn't nearly often enough to really make use of that pp recovery mechanic and if I do frequently wait after pas and normals for pp to actually refill dps plummets and in mobbing eqs I start to lag behind the rest of the mpa.

here's the "bad" class
    Spoiler!

Please put this thread to rest. It is just asking to be filled in with misinformation and memeing. When it comes to main classes in their best form (meta build etc) then it depends on content. Any piece of content you can challenge in this game has class bias. Furthermore, in MPA settings since most of the game is completely fail proof it really does not matter much.

Gu > Su > Fo = Ph > Fi = Br = Ra> Hr > Bo > Hu > Te
    Gonna ignore that one entirely.

The only real constants in my experience have been that Hunter has never been good DPS
    For once sega is actually correct in their class descriptions. Hunter is a high defense class that excels in solo. It has some of the best records in kill times or scores in solo content that isn't TA. It has middling performance in MPAs but it isn't close to the worst in the game. It has been mid tier since the beginning of EP5 and is actually close to top tier with the sword buffs in october last year...

While I have to wait for the animation of a pa or normal attack to fully finish for gear to fill up regularly, it still isn't nearly often enough to really make use of that pp recovery mechanic and if I do frequently wait after pas and normals for pp to actually refill dps plummets and in mobbing eqs I start to lag behind the rest of the mpa.
    It is the weakness of the weapon. Partizan is the only weapon that manages resources outside of attacking, that being gear and PP. As a result compared to literally every other weapon in the game which maintains resources with weaker attacks, you completely lose all DPS. Almost as a balancing mechanic to it's raw power but all things considered it doesn't make for a fair trade when things like Gu/Fi exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    Please put this thread to rest. It is just asking to be filled in with misinformation and memeing. When it comes to main classes in their best form (meta build etc) then it depends on content. Any piece of content you can challenge in this game has class bias. Furthermore, in MPA settings since most of the game is completely fail proof it really does not matter much.

Gonna ignore that one entirely.

For once sega is actually correct in their class descriptions. Hunter is a high defense class that excels in solo. It has some of the best records in kill times or scores in solo content that isn't TA. It has middling performance in MPAs but it isn't close to the worst in the game. It has been mid tier since the beginning of EP5 and is actually close to top tier with the sword buffs in october last year...

It is the weakness of the weapon. Partizan is the only weapon that manages resources outside of attacking, that being gear and PP. As a result compared to literally every other weapon in the game which maintains resources with weaker attacks, you completely lose all DPS. Almost as a balancing mechanic to it's raw power but all things considered it doesn't make for a fair trade when things like Gu/Fi exist.
    Wahh my class isnt the best

This thread isnt even super active either and if the content really matters then tell me why Gu/Fi literally dominates everything right now? Go ahead ill wait because those Orgei Tmgs really put out a further gap in dmg compared to the other classes

And as a side note, that class Meta list isnt set in stone either, general idea but im not saying Hu is trash either but me and fellow Hu's dont enjoy going through all our mates in UH and constantly having to go to camp and buy more and come back down. Atra Ex and Sturdy Recovery (?) only do so much in heal reduced content.

Let me know how safe you are in UH when youre locked into Holding Current when you got chaos going all around you too, if not youre locked to Sword in the mean time

Wheres the meme'ing? I dont see any Hu/Su's here now that Hu/Ph is a thing
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 27, 2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers