Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1

    Default Just How good is PSO2 overall after 7 years?

    I'll be quick I'm wondering if PSO2 is still good despite being 7 years old...... I'm also wondering that since we also indeed live in a era where MMO's die out very quickly if it will survive in the west.....Because if not......RIP Phantasy Star.....
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

    -Bruce Lee

  2. #2

    Default

    Its all downhill from here bobby
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  3. #3
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    It arguably got better.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I'll be quick I'm wondering if PSO2 is still good despite being 7 years old...... I'm also wondering that since we also indeed live in a era where MMO's die out very quickly if it will survive in the west.....Because if not......RIP Phantasy Star.....
    It's still a lot of fun to play in a lot of ways. It also still has a lot of flaws. Some of the flaws it had at the start have been improved, some have been exacerbated (the biggest in my opinion being the way everything revolves around scheduled Emergency Quests) On the whole, I think it's a better game than it was when it launched.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

    Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

  5. #5

    Default

    PSO2 is one of the only MMOs I've played that uses a combat system that feels fast paced and fluid other than Warframe (which is more of a third person shooter, so theres still a significant difference) and its the main reason why I come back to and enjoy this game, as long as they dont mess up the combat at any future point then I think the game will do fine.

    of course the actual progression of stuff needs some work, EQs are very time sensitive and force you to pull out of whatever you're doing to hop onto it at a scheduled time just to actually progress your gear near endgame, but I think with the intoduction of ultra hard free fields we have some better options that arent time sensitive which makes things feel a lot nicer.

    overall EP6 is pushing the game in a good path and im sure as long as it continues the way is has, the game will still live, even in the West assuming nothing is changed on that server.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    PSO2 is one of the only MMOs I've played that uses a combat system that feels fast paced and fluid other than Warframe (which is more of a third person shooter, so theres still a significant difference) and its the main reason why I come back to and enjoy this game, as long as they dont mess up the combat at any future point then I think the game will do fine.

    of course the actual progression of stuff needs some work, EQs are very time sensitive and force you to pull out of whatever you're doing to hop onto it at a scheduled time just to actually progress your gear near endgame, but I think with the intoduction of ultra hard free fields we have some better options that arent time sensitive which makes things feel a lot nicer.

    overall EP6 is pushing the game in a good path and im sure as long as it continues the way is has, the game will still live, even in the West assuming nothing is changed on that server.
    I hope so
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

    -Bruce Lee

  7. #7
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-006
    Posts
    844

    Default

    How would each of you try to tackle the issue of the game's dependence on EQs? We have to consider the following:

    - If EQs were "active" all the time and without limitation, for example like Free Fields, then the rewards from them would have to be reduced significantly
    - If EQs were "active" all the time but each player had a limit per day (for example only 3 runs per day per type of EQ), players would rush these runs when they login and players who do not login during rush hours would have trouble finding groups, similar to how it is hard to find a group if you login at x:20 and later.
    - If EQs frequency was increased so that there's one every hour, Sega would again have to reduce quantity of rewards, there would be massive burnout and players would end up not caring at all after a couple of days/weeks.
    - If EQs were limited to "triggers", then it would be a massive chore to find up 11 others for the average player, especially in a game where people show that they dislike socializing. I know that rematches are 4man, but these do not feel like massive scale battles (12man don't feel either, but they're the best the game currently offers).

  8. #8
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    How would each of you try to tackle the issue of the game's dependence on EQs?
    By adding relevent non-eq content alongside them, or multiple relevant EQs on the schedule at once. The problem isn't EQs existing, it's a single EQ being the only current worthwhile content. They're kinda getting better about that, but with the way content, equipment progression, and grouping up works, there isn't really a lot of relevant stuff in older content.

    I can't speak for everyone but when I complain about the game's reliance on EQs, I just mean that there's often no way to meaningfully progress while no EQs are going on, not that the EQs themselves are a bad idea. I guess farming emper embrace and meseta works. Zara weapons for Doom Break II if you're crazy.

  9. #9

    Default

    Biggest issue with the game currently, and this is related to the EQ dependency, is the sheer uselessness of the vast majority of the game's content. Advance Quests, Extreme Quests, Challenge Quests, etc., etc. - it's pretty much all completely useless outside of getting that weekly meseta. There's no reason to visit it basically ever.

    If there's a PSO3, my biggest wish besides HANDS WITH FINGERS THAT MOVE is them figuring out how to keep every game mode relevant going forward instead of just becoming completely pointless and irrelevant over time.

  10. #10
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-006
    Posts
    844

    Default

    @Kondibon: You just gave me an idea. What if equipment, all equipment including weapons and units, was also available as CFs or through stone collection, with this CF/collection progressing with every single bit of content cleared at a very small rate, but with EQs progressing it at a significantly higher rate?

    For example I could select CF to get Lightstream Sword. Clearing ARKS Quest at SH increases it by 0.01% (before RDR bonuses). Clearing XH Free Field progresses it by 0.1%. Clearing any EQ progresses it 0.3%, and clearing the EQ tied to it (Specter of Destruction) progresses it by 2%.
    This way equipment can be acquired with all content done, but the EQ would remain the best way by a significant margin to speed up the acquisition (since the EQ gives the highest progress, and also has a chance to drop it as a spoil)

    Of course the numbers above are for example purposes only.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Oct 20, 2017, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun 2, 2014, 05:46 AM
  3. So, just how good/bad are elemental attributes?
    By jooozek in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Jul 20, 2012, 05:59 AM
  4. Just how good are whips?
    By Achaiah191 in forum PSU General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 30, 2007, 10:04 PM
  5. So just how good will Cross Hurricane be?
    By bahk in forum PSU General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •