Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

I feel like pso2 went uphill from episode 1 through 3. the story went downhill in episode 4 while keeping good gameplay. the gameplay went downhill in episode 5 though the story was an improvement over episode 4. so far episode 6 feels like an improvement in both story and gameplay. I feel like we've finally returned to the level of fun that the game had at the end of episode 3 when mining base demise released.
    Last edited by zandra117; Jun 28, 2019 at 08:02 AM.

People not socializing in a social game? Where does the time go?

That's kind of a shame, I feel that the main draw of PSO2 is the multiplayer of course the same can be said for any MMO (Especially FF11 ) But there's something about it that draws you in. But I guess the game is more of a Solo game Like from PSO onwards Not that going at it alone is a bad thing... (I'll admit, being a lone hero is cool sometimes) I don't mean to sound so biased but I at least feel they are Phantasy Star Games when it comes to the multiplayer (Most definitely when it comes to fighting Dark Falz and friends.) even if it's for a short while.
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Jun 28, 2019 at 12:29 PM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    People not socializing in a social game? Where does the time go?

That's kind of a shame, I feel that the main draw of PSO2 is the multiplayer of course the same can be said for any MMO (Especially FF11 ) But there's something about it that draws you in. But I guess the game is more of a Solo game Like from PSO onwards Not that going at it alone is a bad thing... (I'll admit, being a lone hero is cool sometimes) I don't mean to sound so biased but I at least feel they are Phantasy Star Games when it comes to the multiplayer (Most definitely when it comes to fighting Dark Falz and friends.) even if it's for a short while.
    People do all this in game though, even today. Naturally more prevelant in teams and certain blocks
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

A little boring and no innovation. But... The gameplay remains incredible, although the game does not have many fun things to do nowadays. Episodes 1,2 and 3 were the best episodes of this game.

Many people still play PSO2 because they love their characters more than the game itself.

game's still good

balance has been questionable a handful of times

9/10 if you are new
    1/10 if you are jaded
    7/10 if you come back once every few months
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    @Kondibon: You just gave me an idea. What if equipment, all equipment including weapons and units, was also available as CFs or through stone collection, with this CF/collection progressing with every single bit of content cleared at a very small rate, but with EQs progressing it at a significantly higher rate?

For example I could select CF to get Lightstream Sword. Clearing ARKS Quest at SH increases it by 0.01% (before RDR bonuses). Clearing XH Free Field progresses it by 0.1%. Clearing any EQ progresses it 0.3%, and clearing the EQ tied to it (Specter of Destruction) progresses it by 2%.
    This way equipment can be acquired with all content done, but the EQ would remain the best way by a significant margin to speed up the acquisition (since the EQ gives the highest progress, and also has a chance to drop it as a spoil)

Of course the numbers above are for example purposes only.
    I meant more like the game needs something other than getting good weapons and affixes as evergreen rewards that are still useful to equipment progression. I'm fine with things like lightstream, which will likely be BIS for most, if not all of episode 6, being tied to specific content. Even something as simple as adding new things like weapon badges to old trade in shops would be nice.

Something as simple as adding weapon badges to old trade in shops like they did with Pyroxines would be nice. That way they can have a consolidated collection of evergreen rewards for older content in the weapon badge shops instead of needing to tie everything to specific content. In fact going through and updating the rewards for old stone shops in general would probably help. I would live my life in XQs if I could get the units as accessories (that's not really progression, but you get what I mean). Maybe make it so the lumimech trials or whatever give gold badges instead of cubes. Just little things like that.

The only thing I want for CFs is for them to add some sort of equivalent to the 13* pet CFs for normal weapons, but I don't know what weapons it would be for, since you can just buy good 14*s now.

A lot of the game's issues, even the most inane ones like the old control scheme, have been fixed since the game's release. There's still plenty room for improvement (skill tree system is still garbage, units are still a complete mess to set up etc), but the progress is undeniable, and EP6 clearly has more to come.

Content-wise, EP3-5 had been a complete drip-feed (but at least EP3 offered some fantastic memories with UQs and TD4; EP4-5 were largely repetitive and mediocre at their best). But, once again, after mere 2 months into EP6 I already see some massive improvement in the quality of quest and enemy design, as well as content pacing. It's like the game is finally starting to become what it was always meant to be. As long as we get more UQs, UH for more quests (UQs especially so, been waiting for UH Nab since they nerfed the enemy AI to the ground), more things to do outside of EQs - it's absolutely on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I'll be quick I'm wondering if PSO2 is still good despite being 7 years old...... I'm also wondering that since we also indeed live in a era where MMO's die out very quickly if it will survive in the west.....Because if not......RIP Phantasy Star.....
    Wait, you mean to tell me that you haven't played PSO2 yet? Weren't you saying in the other thread how the series has jumped the shark or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Wait, you mean to tell me that you haven't played PSO2 yet? Weren't you saying in the other thread how the series has jumped the shark or something?
    From what I can tell, he's only played the classic Phantasy Star games.