Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
new class with unique weapon and PA's

nuff said

why recycle older weapons for newer classes when they can make new ones instead?
they got that message in one of the more recent player surveys; so we may see it for episode 7, but they've already been planning this next successor class for a while now.

From the end of episode 3 with the Austere OT laundry list of items, through early episode 4's "you have barely enough time to max element a weapon from these files" and late ep4's "you have barely enough time to +35 the weapon you want from files without a drop" to whatever the heck was happening in episode 5 before lightstream/atlas ex; I would have absolutely dreaded the idea of 2 more weapon types to cover.

I think that was part of the objective of the Adva-"Successor" classes, to let us use some gear we might not have liked before; or at least use some stuff we already had around.

but now that we got a bunch of good weapon series that we can change the type of as long as we got the materials for it, I can finally say it would be a pain to add in some more weapon types again. I have been deeply disturbed ever since I realized there hasn't been a single slicer model used for anything in pso2 yet. like with hero I was expecting them to maybe make some talis camos to rep slicers but we still haven't even seen a trace of disca of liberator or slicer of assassin anywhere.

anyway; I'm also expecting this next class to have a psudo-buff-support gimmick to contrast with Phantom's Jellen Redress skill. Bouncer already fills this secondary-support-that-nobody-will-miss-if-they-aren't-in-the-MPA role, so we'll just have to see what it is. not to mention we didn't even know about phantom's jellen shenanigans until much closer to it's release, so we might not get much more than a teaser like phantom's first teaser