Default PSO2 in the West survey

Hi everyone! I've recently gotten back to playing PSO2 after hearing about the release in the West (finally!) and I'm seeing a lot of concerns/arguments surrounding the launch, so I thought it would be interesting to get a general idea of how we are handling the news of the localization as a community.

If you have the time and are curious about everyone's opinions please answer to a few questions in the Google forms below! (You don't have to answer to them all if you don't want to).

https://forms.gle/r5FgXr5uXQK1Awyu7

(I also posted this to r/PSO2)

Personally, I was always more of a casual fan and only played in the JP servers sporadically throughout the years (while being cautiously optimistic for a western release up until mid-2015, when I gave up on it for good lol). I was shocked by the E3 announcement and pleasantly surprised to see such an active community in 2019!
    Last edited by yupitsok; Jul 16, 2019 at 07:25 PM.

I haven't played PSO since the Dreamcast, honestly, and am looking forward to the western release of PSO2. I'm currently binge watching the anime on VRV.

Quote Originally Posted by MBlackHawk View Post
    I haven't played PSO since the Dreamcast, honestly, and am looking forward to the western release of PSO2. I'm currently binge watching the anime on VRV.
    I would not recommend the anime as a jumping on point as it is a side story that takes place between Episodes 3 and 4 of the game story. You would be better off waiting until the new anime, Episode Oracle, that premieres in October as that is a retelling of Episode 1 through 3 of the actual game story.

Quote Originally Posted by MBlackHawk View Post
    PSO2 the animation its an anime that shouldnt exist a big waste in many aspects , not only took the big mistake of take it self serious but also by the fact it was supose to be a prequel of EP4 (a very bad season by it self) and it was irrelevant for that season.

if i had true investigation skill i swear i would uncover about what happen back then .

if you are a new player dont play that season first. save yourself from having a big bad first expirience with the game
    Last edited by silo1991; Jul 18, 2019 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks for responding to the poll, everyone! The responses have been pretty in line with what I've been discussing with friends, although I'm surprised about some of the numbers (didn't expect affixing to be THAT unpopular lol). I'm happy to see most people are going to give the Western servers a try, though! I only play on the JP casually, so I won't take much of a hit, but I understand people's resistance to starting over with nothing.

And yeah, I wouldn't start with the current anime available, I do have high hopes for Episode Oracle, though

I agree it's best not to start with.....That Anime.... It's best just to wait for Ep Oracle.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12