Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    A small complaint.

But I am tired of Emp Rappy spawning in every dam Seasonal. Every Time I see that he will be a part of a seasonal. That quest seems like a filler quest no matter what other rare or collection file they may place in it.

They Need to break/change the seasonal format. There all the same just different settings and mostly different drops.
    It was even worse when it was nyau. At least rappy doesn't take 5 minutes with his dying animation and spawn another sponge on top.

Another big problem with this game is the difficulty in mpa quests. With sesaonals death doesn't even come into consideration. But even if you die it's just an annoyance and doesn't mean anything. You can't fail. So because everything is easy, the drop rates are down in the ass, which makes everything a grind and you'll never feel rewarded for anything outside random luck. Even if you get that drop, it's like whatever. They haven't been able to make the weapons interesting anymore after the first wave of 14*s. Rather than that I'd feel much better taking down a boss or scenario with even the slightest bit of coordination in this 12 player online game.
    But I've come to accept that this game is fundamentally fucked and they should've started on a new game a long time ago. They probably keep pushing this crap because it somehow still sells and sega just isn't doing very well financially anymore.

4man quests are mainly a bore to me, unless I plan to play them with my friends or team mates then it's not a problem. but with randoms, it can be a real problem, especially when it comes to communicating.

inb4 sega ever decides to make 4man EQ's like just what happened to the EQ rematches

Didn't PSO2 come out on PS4 when EP4 did? Giving it a huge surge in traffic?

Also Crafting NT update is goat fuck everything else LMAOOO

edit: i forgot the ps4 part lmao
    Last edited by GHNeko; Sep 29, 2019 at 12:20 AM.

Just got error 249, I hope this don't mean that they implemented the region lock just now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Just got error 249, I hope this don't mean that they implemented the region lock just now.
    Don't know if this is the right thread for it but, Japanese players also cannot connect to the game. Server hamsters are on strike wanting actual content.

^Same dude.... just happened to me like ~15-20 minutes ago.

I'm from California with AT&T provider...

Edit:

Okay... that's a relief that JPs aren't able to connect either.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    Honestly, my take on the state of the game is I feel like we've leaned too far into the "go fast" mentality that we've gone beyond a repairable state. our gear is insane and enemies tend to crumple like paper the second we touch them, in any content where you have a full party, a boss will generally never last any longer than 20 seconds on the field, making them effectively just oversized loot pinatas.

I definitely think what I would've wanted from PSO2 was an emphasis on longer but more rewarding fights (EQs are pretty good for this) however I think the chaotic nature of 12 player MPAs makes it completely impossible to balance this. I definitely think 4-player content would be the better way to have taken things, as it creates much more controllable situations for both the players and developers. I remember back when I first started playing with a friend we randomly had an encounter with angel out of nowhere on a free field and we decided to fight him even though he was destroying us, it took a while but it was fun as hell, the only disappointment was with the lack of notable drops he gave when we finally beat him. making smaller party, longer and tougher fights with significantly more reward to them would definitely make gameplay more interesting over everything being visual fluff to a rng slot machine pull.

Weapons need to absolutely be changed too, potentials went down a slippery slope of boring unconditional power increases that just caused further power creep. going back to conditional potentials would allow different play styles and more variety in weapon choices to exist.

oh also making some form of enemy difficulty scaling like what exists in Phantom XQ a universal thing would be great too, so you could be able to run old content even if you dont have a full party.
    Tbh I wouldn't be against a overall DPS reduction. Damage cap will become a serious issue the stronger our Weapons, Units & Affixes get. Many Classes already have multiple ways of reaching that 999,999 so it will only get worse over time. Both WoW and FF14 after a time squash the numbers so that they don't become too ridiculous but I think instead of doing that Sega will just keep inflating enemy HP to compensate. UH Gwanahda and Catedransa already get close to 999,999 damage from Burn and Poison (which is actually a really nice stealth buff to Te and Fo).

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    Weapons need to absolutely be changed too, potentials went down a slippery slope of boring unconditional power increases that just caused further power creep. going back to conditional potentials would allow different play styles and more variety in weapon choices to exist.
    yeah even SSAs started out decently with most of them being utility focused, with Offensive Intent only really serving a purpose of "well I don't exactly need any additional utility to pull off the kind of Sustained/Burst DPS I want from this weapon" but then devolved into "just slap on more damage lmao"

like the passive pp regen SSAs are fantastic on force and a hero tmg, putting an attack pp regen SSA on a bow is hilarious, guardian armor can help you take an extra hit to preserve hero boost, but we're steadily shifting into a point where even some of that utility doesn't make up for the opportunity cost of a 3%+ damage SSA it feels like
    Last edited by Zorak000; Sep 29, 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    yeah even SSAs started out decently with most of them being utility focused, with Offensive Intent only really serving a purpose of "well I don't exactly need any additional utility to pull off the kind of Sustained/Burst DPS I want from this weapon" but then devolved into "just slap on more damage lmao"

like the passive pp regen SSAs are fantastic on force and a hero tmg, putting an attack pp regen SSA on a bow is hilarious, guardian armor can help you take an extra hit to preserve hero boost, but we're steadily shifting into a point where even some of that utility doesn't make up for the opportunity cost of a 3%+ damage SSA it feels like
    that's more like a ripple effect of PH sub enabling skilled strike for almost every class that can use said sub efficiently. While a 2% boost can be passed up for other things, a 4% S3 is really hard to overlook...

Long story short, the breakneck speed of gotta go fast has been around since at least ep 2 and is mostly unchanged.
    And in fact nowadays potentials are more diversified than ever, did you guys not see that Sega brought back PSO1 style mechanic changing weapons?
    Weapons that create a shockwave when you stop after running, weapons that create lighting when you use a pa, etc., not to mention potentials nowadays are mostly good.
    In ep 2 or 3 there were still a lot of stupid conditional potentials that would dictate your playstyle or gtfo. Rainbows were still important.
    Instead nowadays we have convenience and plenty of options that are different but not limiting like before.

Also, you complain about SSA? Seriously? What? Old SSA did not go anywhere, they can still be used, it just went from a tiny pool to a large one so again we have a lot of options now.

Also, more damage cap, resetting damage to go down, that is pure insanity. RPGs thrive on progress, that is why we play and much more so with online rpgs than single player ones, so reverting progress is like pissing the players in the face.
    Yes, we all play rpgs cause we are nerds that like to see big numbers. It's obvious, numbers are the obvious way to feel progress and considering how endgame enemies grow stronger along with players, if the numbers don't grow equally it is nothing but a standstill.
    Seasonal eqs can be quite fun but if we play nearly the same quest with nearly the same enemies but the damage stays the same than it is mere repetition, that can't be fun.

PS: How the hell can a bonus enemy that takes 20 seconds to kill if the mpa is really slow and then adds 5 seconds for the death animation make or break and entire eq?