Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I rest my case. Feel free to go on about how site traffic totally doesn't count for one reason or another, and other desperate efforts to maintain this forum's narrative that ep 4 was not only bad but also a commercial failure (because I don't like it so it's bad, and it's bad so it's unpopular). Whatever lets you sleep at night.
    There was an anime released at the start of ep 4. Anime helps your product gain views and clicks on your website. I would imagine a big part of the increase in the site's page visits was because of the anime (despite it being horrible). The view count also went down pretty drastically after the anime ended, so that seems to add up. I would imagine ep 4 was not a commercial failure considering the traffic on the website (and idk who is saying that in the first place), but I don't know the numbers so I have no clue.

You're also the one omitting achievements by the ep 6 staff because "you don't like it" (relating to your 1st comment here), pretty hypocritical.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

they need to figure out what they want endgame players to be focusing on, and how to incentivize endgame players to lend a hand to people who are still trying to catch up in one way or another.

ironically, the systems they implemented surrounding Buster Quests had the beginnings of these solutions with the main/free match system and the buster medal exchange.
    By having people who used all of their main match charges to run free matches to restore them, they'd be ideally running community service with people who likely could use a hand. then the metals you earn along the way could be used to either acquire cosmetic items, or item enhancement materials / affixing fodder.
    They should have made free matches immune losing any BP if you lost, I forget if they did. and they REALLY should have made it so if you had Main Match Advance access, you could do Free Matches for Grade 3 busters; not doing that caused Grade 3 to quickly become a wasteland of failed runs once most of the good players were already qualified for Advanced.
    They seemed to realize the buster medal exchange was still a good idea, since we got the prize medal shop with armada and the upgrade to the photon drop exchange giving us easy access to 4 slot XQ abilities.

The 4-player ult quest seems interesting, 4-player content seems to have some staying power at least; at least, it's still worthwhile to run Endless for affixing fodder. however, it's also sending a bit of a mixed message; do they want us focusing on solo to 4 player content? It'd probably be kinda hard for somebody without a few people to play with to really get into some of this unless they were a real solo fanatic.

This does jog my memory though, I remember that their original concept for MPAs were that you were just running into other parties out on the same quest, but you are only passing through; as the groups then had to split back off into single party areas to complete it. however, they seemed to fail to predict that people would just, hang out in the Multiparty area and form a murdertrain across the map; and they didn't exactly incentivize clearing the quest itself. Then when they did notice players were doing this, they just sorta, let us keep doing it. The only changes they made were to accommodate the formation of a murdertrain: removing single party areas from EQs (consequently removing the high ARKS Clone encounter rate EQ single party areas had), implementing quest-start teleporters when they added odin and gryphon to beach wars because people were instance scumming the EQ too hard, probably more I forget. but the problem I have had with this is that, it's just kinda been boring? like I kinda enjoyed the encounter designs they put into ult amdu until they had us run it so much when it came out I could hardly stand playing it; riding quests seemed like a decent idea for weaponizing the murdertrain mentality, they just failed to keep the incentives relevant. I'm looking forward to the 4-player ult quest, but at least this time I won't burn out on it, partially cause im already burnt out, despite it only being a single quest of the month again.

anyway tldr: they clearly want us to get the gear; but they need to work on incentivizing goals to keep us around, either though measurable progress to item abilities (medals, photon drop exchange), or cosmetics like they got in all of the exchanges. like EV abilities and Crack V would be cool if they didn't eat up so much inventory collecting the sheer number of drops you need.

BQ was a big mistake and just a fake annoying clone of TD

let TD content be revived

it was fine until they have added demise/necky challenge/ VR

we need more EQ's like that imho, or possibly, revive them as UH

we're probably going to get around to that eventually; I enjoyed buster quests once they started buffing the other classes again and I found some non-hero classes that also did really well in them. They were a bit bland but I hoped they would start adding more depth in, but they never quite got to any of it before they dumped it.

like the dorumble buster EQ is about what I wanted buster quests to turn into eventually, with maybe the more plain and boring layouts getting isolated to grade 1 and 2, but well, I guess they didn't have enough people around to get some of that stuff working fast enough

like my biggest problem with them anymore is the lack of variety in what they want players to be doing; despite there being all of these different quests here, they only ever seem to want everybody doing one thing at any given moment. solo and 4-player content are kinda exempt from this since that content is easier to get into even if you only have 1 other person to play with

I used to think they had a decent reason for that, but honestly over the years those reasons have all fallen apart from seeing it all in practice
    Last edited by Zorak000; Sep 27, 2019 at 09:32 PM.

IMO i enjoyed buster quest , i liked the concept of allowing new players play alongside with veterans , it had potential for a moba version or my wished event for the attack of clones.

also you can still find people ocassionally at diference of riding quest which IMO should be deleted , nobody will miss these speaccly with that aborrecent music
    Last edited by silo1991; Sep 28, 2019 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    we're probably going to get around to that eventually; I enjoyed buster quests once they started buffing the other classes again and I found some non-hero classes that also did really well in them. They were a bit bland but I hoped they would start adding more depth in, but they never quite got to any of it before they dumped it.

like the dorumble buster EQ is about what I wanted buster quests to turn into eventually, with maybe the more plain and boring layouts getting isolated to grade 1 and 2, but well, I guess they didn't have enough people around to get some of that stuff working fast enough

like my biggest problem with them anymore is the lack of variety in what they want players to be doing; despite there being all of these different quests here, they only ever seem to want everybody doing one thing at any given moment. solo and 4-player content are kinda exempt from this since that content is easier to get into even if you only have 1 other person to play with

I used to think they had a decent reason for that, but honestly over the years those reasons have all fallen apart from seeing it all in practice
    inherent problem is still how they view quest format. the very notion of 12 man mpa makes it very hard to get several parties going on several different quests even if you incentivize them all. If they were to incentivize more than one piece of content outside of EQs, there would be a need for way more 4 man quest or even make new formats (anything between 3 and 6 people sound reasonable). And incidentally, stop making the 4 man content have this "hardcore" perception, be it UQ, hard triggers, death limits and so on. Not that that kind of content is not fine, in fact I love it, but it would greatly help filling quests by also making more casual 4-man format quest that you could just pub through

A small complaint.

But I am tired of Emp Rappy spawning in every dam Seasonal. Every Time I see that he will be a part of a seasonal. That quest seems like a filler quest no matter what other rare or collection file they may place in it.

They Need to break/change the seasonal format. There all the same just different settings and mostly different drops.

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    A small complaint.

But I am tired of Emp Rappy spawning in every dam Seasonal. Every Time I see that he will be a part of a seasonal. That quest seems like a filler quest no matter what other rare or collection file they may place in it.

They Need to break/change the seasonal format. There all the same just different settings and mostly different drops.
    Reason i stopped bothering doing seasonals. It's either too tedious or I got burned out with it.
    test

I'd be cool if they could just like, somehow make a version of the main/free match system for the majority of content: you run your desired content with main match stamina, then when you run out of that you throw your hat into the free match zone to be a rando in somebody else's desired content, and afterward instead of the normal drops you're rewarded a generic medal that could be exchanged for the standard assortment of goods.

it'd take a lot of work though, they'd have to make sure all of the content included in this would have similar clear time to amount of reward ratio, otherwise you'd get people bailing on you anyway if you try to start something that takes way too long for what it pays out. people will still bail if they dont like the content itself but you can't really fault them for that.

Honestly, my take on the state of the game is I feel like we've leaned too far into the "go fast" mentality that we've gone beyond a repairable state. our gear is insane and enemies tend to crumple like paper the second we touch them, in any content where you have a full party, a boss will generally never last any longer than 20 seconds on the field, making them effectively just oversized loot pinatas.

I definitely think what I would've wanted from PSO2 was an emphasis on longer but more rewarding fights (EQs are pretty good for this) however I think the chaotic nature of 12 player MPAs makes it completely impossible to balance this. I definitely think 4-player content would be the better way to have taken things, as it creates much more controllable situations for both the players and developers. I remember back when I first started playing with a friend we randomly had an encounter with angel out of nowhere on a free field and we decided to fight him even though he was destroying us, it took a while but it was fun as hell, the only disappointment was with the lack of notable drops he gave when we finally beat him. making smaller party, longer and tougher fights with significantly more reward to them would definitely make gameplay more interesting over everything being visual fluff to a rng slot machine pull.

Weapons need to absolutely be changed too, potentials went down a slippery slope of boring unconditional power increases that just caused further power creep. going back to conditional potentials would allow different play styles and more variety in weapon choices to exist.

oh also making some form of enemy difficulty scaling like what exists in Phantom XQ a universal thing would be great too, so you could be able to run old content even if you dont have a full party.