Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

i think of the things I dont like right now are the UH fields that I brought up before and seasonals because hey, here are 3-5 new 15*'s that are all tied to specific bosses but here are mobs who don't drop anything new or worth bothering for so it gets to a point where you just rush boss spawns instead because there is literally no incentive to kill mobs.

Looking at the upcoming Worpal UH field, I think we already have like 2 drops now from it dropping from Dio (correct me if Im wrong) and 3 other weapons that are either going to meh or another camo but mobs wont be dropping anything worth while. It's basically like Nab UH; dead on arrival thanks to Gennon having overall crap Pots to them while of course having great aesthetics.

I guess that the lore behind UH fields is that the Lumin Mechs invading caused natives to get stronger??? but somehow only the bosses are effected? Unlike Ultimate Quests where everything changed there, why make the exception for this?

I get it that pacing content is needed but this level of lazy content isnt worth the time invest into these UH fields.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Why do they refuse to not make unique arm or Leg unit pieces? The Clawdem, Allure, Chalrya was a start, but that's all there is.

LS is strictly the best overall unit in the game for arm and leg, so every other unit is just less-than (unless you're ultra atk Min-maxing either with Chal arm or Allure leg). Meanwhile they make tons of different rear units that are all viable and interchangeable depending on how you want to play.

Want a ton of HP to abuse phantom's 85 skill? Rappy shine. Want a great mix of every stat? Lightstream. Want decent hp, good pp, and extreme atk stats? Orgei. Want all the PP and atk we feel like giving you? Mask of Vain.

These units are all very viable and arguably on equal footing with each other, so that at the very least if you can't get a Lightstream/mask drop, you can get Orgei and it is still a top tier unit, so you don't have to do some BS placeholder affix on a sub-par unit while you wait for "luck" to smile on you if you don't want to.

But when it comes to Arms and legs, it is undeniable that Lightstream is just... Better. If you don't manage to get lucky enough for them to drop, well I guess you get to use Bode? Cleasis? Qliphad? If you're lucky with this new quest then Awake?

I've now done over 200 persona runs via EQ or triggers, approaching 250 runs, and have yet to get a single LS leg drop, but I've had 3 of each other unit drop, including every Austere unit. Hundreds of hours put into the game just specifically for those units, and literally nothing but duplicates and trash to show for it.

Give me other top tier options.

I would personally love a big change on the affix system.

It can come in a variety of things (mix or only one would be an improvement).

- Stop making one of the affix-fodder ultra rarer than the rest for super risky affixes. If my chances to make a catalyst are 10%, do me a favor, make affix-fodder available and farmable.

- Either boost the number of fodders (again) or simply allow affixes with fodders with, for instance, 1 less slot than your target (if your target is 7 slots, you can affix with 6+ slots fodder) or remove the slot limitation completely (but I would think this is too much).

- Make the chance to affix global and equal to the lowest affix rate among the affixes so that if you have a 70% and a 80%, then your overal chance of affixing is 70% for the whole thing. You can't fail individual affix, you fail or pass the whole.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    - Make the chance to affix global and equal to the lowest affix rate among the affixes so that if you have a 70% and a 80%, then your overal chance of affixing is 70% for the whole thing. You can't fail individual affix, you fail or pass the whole.
    Wait, this seems overly punishing. You're suggesting that one single non-100% affix should have the risk of bringing the entire weapon or unit down to 0 affixes, deleting even stuff with 100% chance to transfer like S-affixes and Grace?

Quote Originally Posted by MrYukito View Post
    Why do they refuse to not make unique arm or Leg unit pieces? The Clawdem, Allure, Chalrya was a start, but that's all there is.

LS is strictly the best overall unit in the game for arm and leg, so every other unit is just less-than (unless you're ultra atk Min-maxing either with Chal arm or Allure leg). Meanwhile they make tons of different rear units that are all viable and interchangeable depending on how you want to play.

Want a ton of HP to abuse phantom's 85 skill? Rappy shine. Want a great mix of every stat? Lightstream. Want decent hp, good pp, and extreme atk stats? Orgei. Want all the PP and atk we feel like giving you? Mask of Vain.

These units are all very viable and arguably on equal footing with each other, so that at the very least if you can't get a Lightstream/mask drop, you can get Orgei and it is still a top tier unit, so you don't have to do some BS placeholder affix on a sub-par unit while you wait for "luck" to smile on you if you don't want to.

But when it comes to Arms and legs, it is undeniable that Lightstream is just... Better. If you don't manage to get lucky enough for them to drop, well I guess you get to use Bode? Cleasis? Qliphad? If you're lucky with this new quest then Awake?

I've now done over 200 persona runs via EQ or triggers, approaching 250 runs, and have yet to get a single LS leg drop, but I've had 3 of each other unit drop, including every Austere unit. Hundreds of hours put into the game just specifically for those units, and literally nothing but duplicates and trash to show for it.

Give me other top tier options.
    They did and have been still releasing unique single units but you need to remember in this game that 90% of the time raid gear will trump normal anyday gear from normal EQs which is what im fine with, i dont think people should easily be able to obtain the best gear in game so easy either.

It took me 330 Persona runs to get my first arm unit while i had dupes of the others so ya rng is a pain but i prefer things stay the same.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

if i could change something its , make every afix transferable , because how am i suppose to know by my self some abilities are transferable and which not.

example the marks afix or the exceed energy , why not make this tranferable on afixxing but with a really low chance

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    if i could change something its , make every afix transferable , because how am i suppose to know by my self some abilities are transferable and which not.

example the marks afix or the exceed energy , why not make this tranferable on afixxing but with a really low chance
    you have an affix simulator to mess with and a JP swiki to also pull info from AND you have people here on psow to ask before you venture off to buying materials.

It's also been literally YEARS that Mark has never been transferable up until February this year with the Es Mark Receptor giveaway. So it's been a thing EVERYONE has known AND Sega even announced before Armada Raid that stuff like Exceed Energy etc was meant only to have dropped weapons come out with very high stats to use from the get-go so you likely didn't have to affix them for it to be good. If you didn't know any of this, its lack of research on your end
    PSO2 NGS

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you have an affix simulator to mess with and a JP swiki to also pull info from AND you have people here on psow to ask before you venture off to buying materials.

It's also been literally YEARS that Mark has never been transferable up until February this year with the Es Mark Receptor giveaway. So it's been a thing EVERYONE has known AND Sega even announced before Armada Raid that stuff like Exceed Energy etc was meant only to have dropped weapons come out with very high stats to use from the get-go so you likely didn't have to affix them for it to be good. If you didn't know any of this, its lack of research on your end
    Somewhat tangent to this; the game does not do a great job at laying information to the player. There are a lot of stuff that have a general description without numerical values, like many weapon potentials, and the player has to search the internet on 3rd party websites to learn the datamined numerical values and actual effects, since for many of these it is very hard to test in the game.

Affixing also falls into this, since there is no in-game mention on how to create some affixes and what affixes interact with each other.

I am in no way suggesting that the game should hold the players' hands. The player should always try to find the "best" by doing stuff in game. But with affixing, it's as if some class skills said "Increases power in some cases", without a numerical value or the list of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Somewhat tangent to this; the game does not do a great job at laying information to the player. There are a lot of stuff that have a general description without numerical values, like many weapon potentials, and the player has to search the internet on 3rd party websites to learn the datamined numerical values and actual effects, since for many of these it is very hard to test in the game.

Affixing also falls into this, since there is no in-game mention on how to create some affixes and what affixes interact with each other.

I am in no way suggesting that the game should hold the players' hands. The player should always try to find the "best" by doing stuff in game. But with affixing, it's as if some class skills said "Increases power in some cases", without a numerical value or the list of cases.
    ya i dont get why sega doesnt just do this themselves so people dont have to go to 3rd party sources for info
    PSO2 NGS

I have been helping new players get into the game for years. Affixing is literally the worst thing to explain to a new player. It's a bad system due to reasons already stated above. Most new players aren't interested in "doing research" and going to Japanese sites that are hard to navigate to find out very little info. The system isn't bad for those who have played forever and don't care spending hours looking up what goes with what but most players wont want to. Find a new player and just give them the affix simulator, give them a basic idea what to go for and see how long it takes them to even get it. Let's not even get to the idea of making fodder for fodder for fodder of your final piece that costs like 40m that still only has an 80% chance of success.