Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    I have been helping new players get into the game for years. Affixing is literally the worst thing to explain to a new player. It's a bad system due to reasons already stated above. Most new players aren't interested in "doing research" and going to Japanese sites that are hard to navigate to find out very little info. The system isn't bad for those who have played forever and don't care spending hours looking up what goes with what but most players wont want to. Find a new player and just give them the affix simulator, give them a basic idea what to go for and see how long it takes them to even get it. Let's not even get to the idea of making fodder for fodder for fodder of your final piece that costs like 40m that still only has an 80% chance of success.
    last week i helped my friend in everything in order to craft an atlas EX rifle , first in the conversion (due to his luck) then the affixing .

that part was the hardest to explain , the main tip i gave him was focus on increase the number of effects up to 8 and always pick the S-abilities first just for prevent accidents .

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

if they opened up trading to everybody and not require premium; even if it's only just for tradable weapons and units, would kind of fix a lot of my problems with affixing

it's alright to have such an obtuse system in the game if you know somebody that likes to do it, and can do most of the heavy lifting for you. kind of like commissioning a timed ability craft; somebody else suffered so you dont have to

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    if they opened up trading to everybody and not require premium; even if it's only just for tradable weapons and units, would kind of fix a lot of my problems with affixing

it's alright to have such an obtuse system in the game if you know somebody that likes to do it, and can do most of the heavy lifting for you. kind of like commissioning a timed ability craft; somebody else suffered so you dont have to
    Yeah, we'll see that posted online when the game opens in the west. "Need affix? ask someone else to do it"

Crafting replacing Dudu completely would be a nice thing, with some tweaks of course.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Yeah, we'll see that posted online when the game opens in the west. "Need affix? ask someone else to do it"
    should cost a hefty price though because you're eating through someone elses Ex Cubes, 30-40% boosters and any extra fees in between
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Start an affixing consultancy and bake a consultant fee into the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Start an affixing consultancy and bake a consultant fee into the price.
    I think this already exists. Some players prepare "last wave of fodders" and put them for many millions of meseta on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I think this already exists. Some players prepare "last wave of fodders" and put them for many millions of meseta on the market.
    im referring to affixing fees as in when using 5 fodders the 900k cost to complete (and the lower end costs varying on lower rarity unit/weapon fodders), Price of cubes I'm having to burn though for 30/40% boosters, having to buy fodders off the market if the player requesting the build doesn't supply enough (or at all) materials including the fodders that fail in between. Also Time for sitting down and doing all the affixing, I've sat the in the lobby before doing 2-4hrs of affixing straight and not realize how much time can go into this.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I've praised EP6 in the past, and I still think a lot of what it did was right. And yet I find myself burned out on the game still, because it repeats or fails to amend a lot of mistakes from previous episodes.

Thank fuck Klotho is finally dead, ARKS Missions feel way less like a chore. Yerkes is still a thing, though. And Dailies are still SH at highest. And even if I were to do these, I still can't afford jack shit, because market gambling is still the primary source of income, and I just don't have luck for that.

Luminmechs I still think are the best designed enemies in the game since Lillipa UQ from way the fuck back in early 2015, and ultralized enemies feel like a missing link between regular and UQ enemies. The problem is obvious: it's the fact that only select few bosses got ultralized variants, and the fact that they are variants and not a proper replacement. I know Darkers got extra attacks, and that's cool, but planet-native enemies are the same old slow passive punching bags. Hell, even among Darkers we still have to fight Micdas. Micdas in current fucking year, man.

The concept of Ultra Exploration itself taking place instead of just having a UH difficulty for Free Explorations is also annoying, because the areas lose their identity, and daily quest rotation is essentially just a background imagery change. Boss fight at the end is random, which can be annoying. You can't even clear DOs and FQs in these, you still can only go up to SH (6-year old difficulty, need I remind that) in almost all of those. UEs don't drop any stones/badges either. UH dripfeed is worse than XH dripfeed of EP3, because at least they released XH variants of old EQs bi-weekly (and even that was scummy, because SH came mostly all at once). UH solo PD for people with 15* is equivalent to original solo PD with Gix. Still waiting for UH UQs, but it doesn't look like they're going to bring back old Nab AI, so might as well not bother with that either.

Why do we still not have actual proper viable, challenging quests to run outside of EQs that aren't time-limited, trigger-limited or abandoned after the initial new gear hype period? Preferably 4-player too. LQs at the end of EP4 were amazing, especially during the enemy buff campaign, too bad EP5 chose to botch them by crafting this long-ass RNG-filled point collection mess. I also liked boosted Amduscia UQ before it was ruined by Dark Blasts (wish it was 4p too). People still run triggers for old LQs to get SSAs, units or some other things... Sometimes... If you're lucky to log in at the right time or end up in the right block, because sure as shit no one is going to abandon UH blocks and move to the dedicated Trigger Quest block. Just bring back old A->B LQs (fuck the point collection bs), put them all into a separate quest category, make them 4p, make sure they have viable drops (preferably units), add weekly campaign boosts like what they did to AQs in EP5 but with EXP boosts instead of RDR... Or just make new quests like those. Give some fucking variety, god dammit! YSOK said that it's a shame a lot of game's content is not used, this is how the problem should've been solved, not by making us mindlessly slaughter same old shit running in circles again in UEs.

15* powercreep is annoying, having my Atra Ex rod be so much stronger than my Zara rifle and Blood katana severly limits my enjoyment of Phantom, as there's no reasonable way to get anything better. Affix creep is quadruply annoying - shit's more complicated, more expensive and more luck-based than ever. Units are still inaccessible as fuck, both in terms of obtaining (at least for arms and legs) and affixing them. Crafting is back, for some fucking reason. At least it's like an attempt to remedy 15* power creep, but I'd rather have it die in a hellfire.

Oldschool classes are still a mess, because EP5 buffs focused on the numbers instead of what actually mattered - animation fixes, the feeling of control and fluidity. EP4 gave Hunter completely unnecessary block frames, then EP5 extended them to a completely braindead level and made Ignition Parry spam the standard instead of how it was supposed to be - highly situational, but extremely rewarding. EP4 gave DS Fighter DC-T0 and free whirlwinds, leaving it as the most broken Fi weapon to this day despite repeated buffs to the entire arsenal. TD Air Chase still doesn't function properly, as it has no vertical tracking, and it (probably) still fails to track enemy movement properly. Ranger is still a facetanker with a focus on dealing with retarded hitboxes. Force is still overly reliant on element specialization, and the dodge move after Phantom feels like complete shite. Gunner, even S-Roll shennanigans aside, is Chain Finish Bonus abuse - no playstyle variety allowed at all. Techer is still Techer (but look, it has a whooping ONE PA now!), Bouncer is still Bouncer (DBs are still inferior to Hr Sword at the very thing that defines them - being swords that shoot things).

In short, there's so many things to enjoy in PSO2, so much fun to be had, but the game would rather tease me with it instead of letting me have it. It's probably true for all modern gaming, though. At least I have oldschool shooters and a billion mods that people have made for them.

As someone who went through the effort of getting an atlas EX and lightstream weapon when those released, my main complaint about current content is just that there's no reason for me to bother with anything new. and this applies doubly so when i mainly use WL which is a weapon type that is much less likely to get unique 14/15*'s and such due to its low popularity, the fact armada had one was a surprise honestly and its been the only new item I've really cared about going after, though i can rarely ever get on when armada is running anymore.

Otherwise, the rest of the "rewards" from new content just feel not worth even bothering for, and I get the whole mentality is that these "end of episode" weapons should stay relevant for a while, but I do kinda wish I still had something I could care about aiming for. Even just bringing old content up to UH difficulty and throwing in some 15* versions of older items with a few updated pots would be nice if they situationally matched LS in power (or ever so slightly better)

another thing I personally would like to see is a relaxation on the amount of grind EXP needed for 13/14/15* items, I feel like it gets kinda tedious having to stock up so many emper embraces and go through the process of spending a ton just to +35 a new weapon you got, and that's even before you consider affixing. I'd like to be able to quickly get my weapons into a "usable" state without having to invest a ton of time and resources into just powering it up to 30 just to get the actual relevant pot on it to play around with.